Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Clutter

With things being added here and there, such as blogs, and Projects earlier this year, the Navigation Bar seems to be getting rather ugly to look at. I know that things like Log Out, New Posts or User CP are a necessity, but do we really need things such as "Members List" there when all you get when you click it is the attached image (Though, you could click it yourself and see it)?

Quick links could be used to harbour things such as Calendar, FAQ, Blogs, Projects, and may extra things if you really wanted. It was mainly the fact that something completley disabled is still in there (Members List).

Opinions/Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	need it.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	45552  
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree, remove Projects and Member List, possibly even User CP (Quick Links -> User Control Panel)
Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Or enable Member's List.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
The reason the members list hasn't been removed is probably because nobody has the rights/those that do don't know how to. Hopefully somebody who has access does know how to remove it from the forum template, it's pretty easy, but otherwise it's not going to be changed anytime soon
Old 08-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Won't enable members list because of security members(basically a list of all upgraded accounts).

Anyways, ya I posted this before... they didn't listen.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Won't enable members list because of security members(basically a list of all upgraded accounts).
A lot of them could be found just as easily by copy pasting everyone's accounts from the calender though, right?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I'm more concerned about the sub forums in here at the top, they are awful.

A main forum should be the only thing in it, perhaps with 1 announcement and 1 hello and goodbye (Edit: a birthday), but that is all. Do we really need:
- the ability for players to post in a server maintenance section (when they can't do any server maintenance)
- job forums with applications for positions that aren't hirring
- 6 sticky posts (I in particular disagree with the "Notice to all moderators" post, a message visible to all but relevant to so few)

I would really like to see the forums reorganised so relevant sections are grouped together, and a better use of sub-forums, so we don't see everything that exists on 2 pages!

Some useful suggestions:
- There is a way to force the rules on users as the first screen they view before they register / after they login, and after any updates. Doing this would take away the need for a forum section (it could also be linked to from the top of the forum navigation) - and if felt necessary, perhaps every month or a suitable timeperiod, the rules could be reforced upon users to agree to.
- All the job forums shouldn't be visibile, should have to click "job forum" first. Perhaps move this to the front page somewhere
- Graal v5 and Graal 3D could be grouped together under some sort of "Future development of Graal" category, with all GV5 forums a subforum of a main Gv5 forum (so we only see one instead of 4 on the homepage)
-Tech support and future improvements should be removed from the development category and given some sort of category to themselves "Support and Feedback" or so (just for coherence sake)
- NPC scripting should be moved higher up the order ranks (maybe level, graphics, npc scripting, gani, sound, videos)
- Maybe remove "Playerworld Related Information" forum. It was my invention but never really got filled with enough information to justify it remaining to this day. A sticky post could link to relevant threads (and probably would create more attention)
- Perhaps move the playerworld job creation into playerworld forum as a sub forum

and that's all I can think of, as I don't view other forum sections to be able to comment!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
A lot of them could be found just as easily by copy pasting everyone's accounts from the calender though, right?
Perhaps, but Unix said it was an 'easy access' list.

Anyways, I doubt that's gonna change, it has NEVER been enabled.

edit: oh, and I think the subforums and such are fine. Perhaps they could have been better, but I'm used to them and they're not that hard to navigate.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Graal's main forum is a mess. I mean you click it and a massive wall of sub-forums come up.
(I'm on 1024 x 768)
Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I just tend to browse by new posts, though... that's probably why it doesn't bother me.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Graal's main forum is a mess. I mean you click it and a massive wall of sub-forums come up.
(I'm on 1024 x 768)
Yeah, you have to scroll 1.5-2x above the fold space to even get to the stickies