Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 AM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Mafia Life - HiringDetails/ServerDetails

EDIT: Please post all questions in forum reply below. (I would like to put together a FAQ post.)

Hello, my name is Kaide. You may know me as "IzariusRyudo". I have started this project, known by many as "Mafia Life". I am only picking a few members for the team. It will be very tight knit, and professional. So please, if you are in it for kicks, this isn't a place for you. If you are still interested, please continue reading.

Payroll:
How pay works for the server is simple. This is not like the real world, where you get a hourly wage. In this world, of the internet. You will be paid for the "Projects" you complete. So, the more you complete, the more you get paid. If you think you will be cheated out of a situation. We will discuss a fair wage one on one, for the project set forth.

Positions:
Graphics(GFX): I am looking for a very skilled graphics artist, who will pay attention to pertinent details, and take pride in the work he/she submits. Mind you, you will be in the "Credits" of the server, upon completion. So your name will in fact, on your work. In a sense. If you feel you can dedicate some time to this, and you feel you can meet criteria, then do the following:
  • Submit one 1930-1950 style weapon
  • Submit one environmental image, or tileset.
  • Submit one decorating image such as a telephone booth, bench, or sign

Coder(NAT):
I am also looking for a very skilled Coder, a person who could neatly write script, and take on some massive challenges. Mafia Life has a ton of content, which means many "projects" to be completed. A person who takes on this position, will have to dedicate a large amount of their time, to this project, for completion. If you feel you can script some complicated, and difficult projects, please contact me, and we will set up some sort of meeting, and talk up something to create, for your application towards this position. Mind you, the application will be a difficult one, for the obvious reason.

Some other positions I am looking for, which isn't considered a "full time" position, if this would be the real world.

Sound/Gani: Use contact info

You can contact me at:
  • Forum PM will work great, and his recommended.

Mafia Life's content:

What is Mafia Life(ML)?
ML is a server which will be focused around team game play. ML is based in the 1930s-1950s. How you start ML is pretty simple, you will experience a simple tutorial stage, which has no real revelatory purpose towards to server, but more so to teach you how things work.

Content of the server:
  • Families, and how they work:
You can create a family, with two others players, online at the same time as you are. A Family acts as a "Clan" or "Guild".

Respect:
Upon creation of the family, your family automatically gains "Respect" points, towards your entire family. Each new member, adds +25 respect, to your families total. Also, creation of the family, gives an automatic 100 base respect. Respect determines through a mathematical algorithmic equation how much you can collect, from properties. (This is a feature all members of the family can do.) You do NOT want your respect, to hit 0. If your families respect hits 0, your family is disbanded, and any property owned by the family, is put up for sale. How to stop this from occurring is simple. For every "Kill" in a PK fight, you gain +1 respect, towards your families total respect. This is for all members of your family. Each "Rival" kill you get, gains you +3 respect. If you die on the other hand, you cost your family -2 respect. You can also gain respect through "Organized Crime".

Organized Crime: This is a sort of "Party Quest" you can do within your family. One of these "Quests" or "Crimes" would be "Rob a Bank". How this works is simple. A higher ranked member, or the Don of the family can "Apply" for the Organized Crime. If no other family is doing so, your family will be accepted in the Queue. You have to pay a fee to apply. When the family which applied is queued, all the members of the family, are notified. Family members then can be added to the party, before the start of the crime. When the crime is started, the city bank will then be closed, to all players on the server, while the crime is in session. There will be a Player vs NPC "event" inside the bank, and if the party is victorious, they empty the vault. Now if a party empties the vault, it is empty. Meaning, if another family tries to rob the bank directly after this family has, their plunder, will be greatly decreased. How does the bank get money? It accumulates it over time.

Property terms, and growing your families empire:
Here are some key terms of the properties your family can "Own" in ML:

Node Building:
A "Node building" is a basic building of the game. Gives no real bonuses at all, except property, and your family can "Collect" a small amount of money, from this building.

Business Building:
A "Business" is almost self explanatory. These buildings are actual buildings players can purchase from. (These buildings do not bring actual 1:1 ratio of purchased goods, to the family which owns it, for economy purposes.)
Types of Businesses:
- Gun: This store, allows players to purchase more arms, for their player.
- Ammo: This store, allows players to purchase more ammo, for their arms.
- Furniture: This store, allows players to purchase furniture, that they can use to customize their living quarters. Such as a "Locker" to store more guns, for later use.
- Clothing: This store, allows players to purchase special outfits, for visual effect. Matching outfits will always be the "in" thing.

Store Upgrades:
As a Don, or Higher up in the ranks of your family, you may have the option to actually "Upgrade" your business holding. By doing this, the overall "Income" of the building is increased, and your family can obtain more cash over time, then before. The upgrade also allows more guns to be purchased, by players on the server.

Estates:
Estates come in all different sizes. Each estate has a different occupancy count. If your family owns an estate, that allows 5 total to reside their, the Don can assign each room, to a player. In this room, the player can use furniture they purchased from the store, to customize their living quarters, and store guns and ammo, for later use.

How to capture types of buildings:
Capture a Node building. You simply walk inside the building, if owned by a rival family, the rival family is notified, and a competitive bar appears on your screen (only within the building.) It is based off of a King of the Hill style game play. The longer you hold the base, the closer you are to capturing it.

Business Siege:
If your business is under siege, by a rival family. Your family will be notified, and a warning period is then in effect. It is yet to be decided on how long this period will last, but it is used for the purpose of rallying your family members, to either attack, or defend, the holding. After the warning period is over, the siege begins. You will then have to either defend your holding, or take control of it. Depending if you are Defending, or Attacking. There are many ideas on how the objectives of victory are to be set, and we will discuss the exact way this works out, in later meetings. However, if you lose while defending, the ownership of the holding is then switched to the family who was victorious, and all upgrades to the holding, were lost in the shootout. The victor also wins a sum of cash from the vault, and the defending family loses a sum of cash.

Estate Siege
Very similar to business siege. Different plunder may apply.

How to make money, on your own.
There are many ways to make money on ML, while playing Solo. Through Legal, or Illegal crimes, or through bounties, Dons place on rivals heads. Some examples of "Illegal" crimes are basic things from "Mugging an Old Lady" to "Assassination of an Important Man". While doing said crimes, there may be consequences. With a success rate, will determine if you gain money, or find yourself in jail.

Differences between Jail, and Prison.
Jail: Jail is a in game feature, where you can walk around, and talk, but only serve minutes, for your in game crimes. Some crimes, due to severity of crime, may cause you to sit in jail for a large sum of time. In this case, you can use a "Lock pick", but doing so may add more time. Or you can have one of your family members "Bust you out", but doing so may add more time.

Prison: Known as Jail in other servers, for actual offences to other players.

Spawn Points:

There will be 1 default spawn point, City hall. This is where you begin the life, in Mafia Life. After joining a family, you can bind yourself to one of the families Estates. If your family doesn't own any estates, you may capture a "Node" and use this as a re spawn point. This effect will no longer work, upon capturing a holding.

Items and Guns:
Items, and Guns. Every item, and gun in ML will have durability. This means, when using the item (if not a one use item), it slowly decays, and sooner or later will break. (This will not happen often. It's a very slow rate) You may repair your gun, but this will lower its maximum durability. This is also cheaper, then purchasing a new gun. This also means, if a family upgrades a shop, and you buy this gun, but then the upgrade is lost in siege, and you can no longer purchase the weapon, you can repair it, until the business is again upgrades.

These are just some details, in the server of Mafia Life. If you are interested i in this project, If you have any ideas, or add-ons, or anything at all, you feel will fit in this server. Please, share. I enjoy everyones opinion.

Thanks
Kaide (IzariusRyudo)

Last edited by IzariusRyudo; 04-01-2011 at 06:08 AM..
Old 04-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
is it online if so what is it under?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I will purchase more server time, when I get the team together.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
To be honest, I would only buy a villa in a nice secluded gated community and drive an expensive car.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 04-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
To be honest, I would only buy a villa in a nice secluded gated community and drive an expensive car.
Then proceed to get beaten the **** out of.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Then proceed to get beaten the **** out of.
Keyword(s): GATED COMMUNITY

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 04-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Keyword(s): GATED COMMUNITY
Won't happen, this is the Mafia Life.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Actually Fulg0re, I was actually thinking about "Upgrades" for your estate, similar to a business. But pre-added upgrades such as a gate, and other things to protect your property from enemies. Maybe add many perks to the server also :O
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
This sounds really nice!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
This is a screenshot with poor quality from early stages of the server. We have more, but I don't have a photo of it yet.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...udo/ML_Day.jpg
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Đucimus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzariusRyudo View Post
This is a screenshot with poor quality from early stages of the server. We have more, but I don't have a photo of it yet.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...udo/ML_Day.jpg
Looks good! I don´t like these stones on the road tho, they are too many (my opinion ofc).. Maybe a few here and there would look better? If you ask me, I believe the road is too "red" if you know what I mean?

But I´ve seen this, its really good!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah, it is a little red. But, a cobblestone road... is made out of stones? o.o
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Đucimus.
It is =) .. Yeah sure, but shouldn't it all be stones then? =( Looks weird its only a line of stones, you know? Spread them out maybe will do it.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
This sounds great, I'm guessing no superoverpoweredmegauberguns, e.g. Mp5 Navy on era?
(I'm guessing this, due to guns breaking.)
Old 04-03-2011, 05:50 AM
No, haha. There won't be any OP weapons. In a sense. Take note, some guns are only available when a gun store is upgraded. If the store is no longer at that upgrade, I guess that gun just became more rare. Though, it still has durability.