Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
As i said it would be nice to see a new server gk style from the ground up so you can include systems such as these. This is just wishful thinking as i know it will never happen, and i mean no discredit to the people developing for gk. I just remember Exploring gk for the first few years. It was amazing. If gk had more of these styles of systems i would have played longer than the 5+ years i did play for.
Glad to hear you played the game for 5 years. Thats alot i hope new players on FB will experience the same.

We are releasing more content soon. Also content for our oldbies to enjoy.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 04-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Our next updates:

General Guide
A GUI with locations (including screenshots) and a little description of it. If the player wants to go there he can click on "Go" or so which will give him an arrow popping up for the direction (same like in the tutorial you improved)

Item preview and statistics
A gui showing up all "armour" with mud icons + stats
and if you want you can also preview "visible" gear on a player char (in the gui if possible) who looks like ur own player. So players can see how it looks and decide to craft/buy it.

Maps
maps like the main and kingdom maps for the main+kingdom dungeons. 3dish map with options to mark spots etc.

Achievement system:
List sent to your email with all achievements for now.
The rest should explain itself.

Sorry for the bad english, but that is the assignment list for our developer

If you have suggestions feel free to add them here.
Thank you.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 PM
scriptless
This message has been deleted by NicoX. Reason: This is a suggestion thread. Please do not spam with your off-topic comments.

This message has been deleted by Stephen. Reason: Pull your head out of your ass. In the mean time, knock it off.

my suggestion was to stop treating kingdoms like a virtual pet..
Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
my suggestion was to stop treating kingdoms like a virtual pet..
What does that mean and how are they doing that?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
He's drawing a comparison to GK and Neopets. The fundamental flaw in that comparison is that it includes any game with an avatar (i.e., WoW, LoL, etc). I think the criticism he's trying to draw upon at the base of his complaint is that GK is not engaging.

That's a fairly superficial complaint - often something which engages one small group does not engage a larger group. Also, it truly takes talent to create engaging content; that is the drive of every developer or individual that pushes themselves to become a manager.

There is no magical "engagement" wand which can be waved. We could all sit here and spew suggestions. The age old difference between those who make suggestions and those who make content is that one of them is actually doing something and it doesn't happen as quickly as a suggestion.

Nico recently posted a roadmap which address some core problems new players face. I said previously that new players are my focus. It shouldn't be a surprise if I support a list of update like Nicos - updates which are not just suggestions, they are in development.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Well in most virtual pet systems you have to feed your pets to keep them alive you also play games with them (in gk's case do activities such as mining, fishing, farming, ect) and use them for battle against other pets. Most pet based games do not have any type of storyline its all up to your imagination really as to how fun it will be. Now gk actually has a storyline which new players will never be aware of unless they pursue searching the graal bible to look it up. Now generally its best to be able to get the full experience and pleasure of playing a game from within the game. Remember the more time they spend in the the game the more likely they are to keep playing. And forcing them to focus there attention outside of the game for full enjoyment can often lead to distractions that result in a higher idle player count which is a turn off for new players asking for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
He's drawing a comparison to GK and Neopets. The fundamental flaw in that comparison is that it includes any game with an avatar (i.e., WoW, LoL, etc). I think the criticism he's trying to draw upon at the base of his complaint is that GK is not engaging.

That's a fairly superficial complaint - often something which engages one small group does not engage a larger group. Also, it truly takes talent to create engaging content; that is the drive of every developer or individual that pushes themselves to become a manager.

There is no magical "engagement" wand which can be waved. We could all sit here and spew suggestions. The age old difference between those who make suggestions and those who make content is that one of them is actually doing something and it doesn't happen as quickly as a suggestion.

Nico recently posted a roadmap which address some core problems new players face. I said previously that new players are my focus. It shouldn't be a surprise if I support a list of update like Nicos - updates which are not just suggestions, they are in development.
Stephen it took me several posts to get this point across and thank you for saying it in a better way. Tho I wasn't just comparing it to neopets. It's similar to other pet like systems.

Yes engaging would be a better way to say it. And while I agree it wont please all groups I would like to point out that you guys keep pushing the same "new items and new leveling areas" as updates that do nothing more then further please 1 group of people rather then a diverse range of players. I often refer to the lack of the engaging content as a defunct feature. Back in the day we had this type of content and it was removed.

However you can't really put games like WoW into the same category per say. Nor anything with an avatar. WoW for example has a better questing system, thats how they do there story. The questing on GK currently is broken and only used for gold keys where most of the questing is the same over and over again with no new content added in over a decade. Theres many types of games out there. You can kinda get a better idea if you compare zelda games with each other. For example the 2nd zelda game is the only one which is defined as being a RPG game. To be an RPG you only really have to have dungeons, leveling systems, items that diversify statistics of players whom which are playing. Now take that same understanding and look at Zelda Occarina of Time. while yes it does have SOME aspects of being an RPG game it is classified as an Action Adventure. Now don't get this confused an rpg game can have action adventure elements and vise versa.

Yes I understand that theres 2 types of people. Those that complain and those that create. But lets not forget that I have been on both sides. When I tried applying my talent to pleasing a more diverse group of players I was constantly pushed to force my time and effort on the same old updates.

Nico's roadmap does sound like it does address a few issues. Personally I do like the idea of the achievement system. Unfortunately when I was trying to work on a system like that for you guys I was repeatedly denied adequate access to actually do it and after coming to the realization that the main goal was to push the same new items new stats I simply resigned from my position.

It's to my understanding a lot of players have been logging on more recenly due to the publicity from the soon to come facebook release. But now lets not forget that its not how many platforms you are on that dictates how well your server will do its also the quality of the content. We can take delteria for example an RPG game that has occasionally fallen below ERA and Zodiac in player count. One of the biggest mistakes I can see GK doing is pushing a facebook release without enough quality to actually keep the new players. This could ultimately give GK a bad name and take some time to recover from.

Stephen thanks for helping me relay my message in a more appropriate manor rather then just deleting my post and verbally abusing me in the reason field. I also HIGHLY respect your outlook on new players being a primary focus. They are the life of the server and without them there eventually would be no future.