Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Showimg Layers and Players

So I've been attempting to script those little water/swamp ripples you see around the players feet on most servers whenever near water/lava or on top of swamp grass,
(For those that don't know this is one of several built-in features which is specially disabled by Stefan on servers such as GK and Zone, which has also been done on Classic).

My problem is quite simply that displaying this above the player be it by showimg, showani, within a Weapon NPC, or a Gani Attribute always seems to result in displaying above other players as well, when it ought be displayed above the intended player and below anybody in front of them.

Anybody aware of any possible workarounds/solutions or could I be missing something?
I have definately set the layer (and toyed with decimal layer as had been posted several times in the past, don't think it is supposed to work) but always end up with the problem of displaying below all players or above all players.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Nope, had the same problem.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Nope, had the same problem.
Oh well......

I had noticed several threads with a similar problem just not in the same order, i'm sure they would benefit from a fix for this on iPhone!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:16 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Would be nice if there were perhaps an image.clientlayer = x; that would apply a layer locally for just the player.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Banned
Quote:
Would be nice if there were perhaps an image.clientlayer = x; that would apply a layer locally for just the player.
I was thinking something similar except in the case of displaying images on your client over multiple players you'd need something to distinguish each player as the owner, perhaps this variable could be set automatically within Gani Attributes just you'd need to specify if the layering applies.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I was thinking something similar except in the case of displaying images on your client over multiple players you'd need something to distinguish each player as the owner, perhaps this variable could be set automatically within Gani Attributes just you'd need to specify if the layering applies.
findimg(200).layer = 3;
findimg(200).clientlayer = 1;
^ It would draw under the player, but over all other players.

findimg(200).layer = 1;
findimg(200).clientlayer = 2;
^ Would draw under all other players, but over your player.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:59 AM
Banned
Quote:
findimg(200).layer = 3;
findimg(200).clientlayer = 1;
^ It would draw under the player, but over all other players.

findimg(200).layer = 1;
findimg(200).clientlayer = 2;
^ Would draw under all other players, but over your player.
While this would be good I think it would give the same problem for when an Image displaying on another player is also displaying on top of a different other player.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 AM
tempandrew is on a distinguished road
Showimg layers are notoriously stubborn. You don't know the extent of how mad I've gotten screwing around with images going on top of other images. Basically, if you need an image to show above one person and not the other, you're screwed.

On another note, if you have several images you need in specific order on top of each other, you're also screwed because you basically have just layers 1, 2, and 3 to work with. Layer 4 I believe is reserved for applying to the screen, and not the x,y and all layers above that are non-existent.

This is one of the features I would love to see in v6, as I know Stefan's doing something with tilelayers for the next version.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
While this would be good I think it would give the same problem for when an Image displaying on another player is also displaying on top of a different other player.
Then perhaps the ability to set the layer of a gani attribute(which would be relative to the player, like the default effects are).
Old 01-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Can't you add sprites to the player's current gani via script? Add one for the effect by his feet.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
It's not a hard thing to do in a gani. In this case you should make a custom sprites.png and use SPRITES in the gani, but even if that weren't an option you could still put the images in a gani.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 02-21-2010, 06:08 AM
Banned
Interestingly I came across this problem initially on a GMAP, but noticed it seems to work fine within single levels, I guess this is because X and Y are handled differently in ganis?
Old 02-21-2010, 11:07 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I had a similar problem- for it to work on a GMAP I had to use this (inside a gani script) for the position

HTML Code:
x = int(player.x * 1000) / 1000;
y = int(player.y * 1000) / 1000;
Old 02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
That's silly, why would you do that?
If you're worried about it showing at (player.x,player.y) relative to the gmap instead of the level, just use modulus 64.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts