Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
destructo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Noctorious Re-Opened

As some of you already know Noctorious was re-opened today. For those of you who don't know about the server. It is not an era remake although some people may try to call it that and it is not another Graal Ghetto either.
Noctorious is a Modern server, where you can buy houses or condos or even businesses. You can hunt zombies and rob the bank as well, or if you don't wanna do that you can go buy a car and crusie around the city. Here on Noctorious we try to make everything as unique as possible. With that said...
come Join Noctorious today

If you have ant questions, comments or concerns, feel free to let us know

IRCBot1: McChucken joined the Channel!
McChucken: Hey mate.
McChucken: Grow up.
IRCBot1: McChucken has left the channel!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Winning
ISonic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ISonic Send a message via MSN to ISonic
This sounds like a better verson of era..
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The screenshots look way too dark. I hope the entire server isn't like that.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Pirate Lord
Dinji_Jinto is a jewel in the roughDinji_Jinto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Dinji_Jinto
I got on. Looks neat, but how do I make some coinage without digging it from the ground?

I want one of said condos/cars/businesses. :P
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future

Who s-s-says killing z-zombies isn't f-fuh-un?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
I love this server! It must have taken quite a lot of time to get it to this standard. Well done!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Noctorious' NeoHunter
Seich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Seich Send a message via Yahoo to Seich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
I love this server! It must have taken quite a lot of time to get it to this standard. Well done!
It's been worked on for a while now x] It's still missing a lot of polishing though. We'll hopefully be finishing it soon.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
what happened with noctorious.org (site doesn't exit anymore)?

nice to see the server up again
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 05-02-2011, 11:19 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
yeah, the website doesn't work.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
yeah, the website doesn't work.
It works

Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I went on, while everything looks ok, im pretty put off by the mouse over text on the map and the qmenu, you should make the text a bit smaller or a nicer font. Also while you insist this isnt an era copy face the facts:
-when you hold down q on era you get the q menu. When you release it the menu hides, same on noctorious -_-
-The map pretty much uses the same idea except done without a transparent background and lack of icons.
-shell digging

Theres some other stuff but thats just highly controversial so Ill stay clear of that.

However you do have fishing which era doesnt so good on you for that
Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
I went on, while everything looks ok, im pretty put off by the mouse over text on the map and the qmenu, you should make the text a bit smaller or a nicer font. Also while you insist this isnt an era copy face the facts:
-when you hold down q on era you get the q menu. When you release it the menu hides, same on noctorious -_-
-The map pretty much uses the same idea except done without a transparent background and lack of icons.
-shell digging

Theres some other stuff but thats just highly controversial so Ill stay clear of that.

However you do have fishing which era doesnt so good on you for that
The text is so you know where to go. We don't even have shell fishing, and you tell me what server donse't use Q as the menu option. It is common on all servers, not just era. Please explain how we use their map concept as well? Because im sure if I made another map you would say the exact same thing. You can't login into a server and say this and that is era. Every modern server has modern features such as, vehicles,business, houses, a city map. Yes we included shoveling but that dosen't mean we logged into era and said hey lets do shoveling. Just because they had it first dosen't mean the own the title to having simple jobs and a modern style server. Also you take the time to list only the downside of things instead of the other features we have. You left out 4 other jobs fishing, Zombie hunting, bank robbing, and crate delivery. Just because it has one or 2 features that era has dosen't make it an era remake.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Huesy is on a distinguished road
I really like what you have going here, nice looking tileset and the activities are easy enough to get the hang of.

Some constructive criticism:
* It's too hard for newbies (me) to find things even via the map. I highly recommend placing icons on the building that you can hover over. Or even descriptive icons such as a fishing rod/hook for the fishing shop, gun for the armoury and so on...
* You need something about the number menus in the beginning tutorial. I found the '4' menu very helpful once I stumbled upon it.
* Having to open your inventory to equip the ATM card to use an ATM is a big hassle. Maybe just check to see that they have the item when 'A' is pressed.
* The roads feel too unplanned which I also find annoying about Era. Need to hire a city planner
* setbody / sethead also failed when I tried, perhaps also some tutorial information on changing appearance too.

And I highly recommend removing that NPC that says they just got a gun shipment in from Era. It's not helping your case against the Era faithful.

Good luck with the rest of the development! It's looking great so far!

- Delph
Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I was more criticizing you for using q in exactly the same way as era, you hold down q menu and u have to keep it depressed other wise it disappears, same thing is on noctorious o.0 However since you knocked over my other point I find it hard arguing over one thing so I'll stop, and just so you know I didnt complain about cars being on both servers since its a pretty general idea, its kinda hard to avoid as a server feature. However why just cars, you can have motor bikes, scooters and a whole lot of public transport including buses, ferries,trams and taxis. I dont see era doing any of this public transport apart from there helicopter, how ever the door is open to originality in this particular instance!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Huesy is on a distinguished road
And the 'Q' menu / item dropping for Era was inspired by the original Graal Kingdoms menu. I know this because it was me who made it :P

If something works well, why try re-invent the wheel?

- Delph

EDIT: To clarify, I made the original item menu in Era. It has changed since then, but the original functionality still exists.

Last edited by Huesy; 05-03-2011 at 09:35 AM..