Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Memitim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Memitim
Bara Hirings

Bara Is Looking for GAT/GANI

Bara Online was founded by Memitim Xanadu on June 10, 2011.
In the Japanese language; Bara means "Rose" and as a Rose, our goal at Bara Online is to continue to grow into something beautiful that will overwealm your senses into a marvelous experience.

Sadly, our Key GAT and beloved Admin has ran out of gelats and since Stefan and Unixmad are more focused on income then allowing players to develop on servers for free.... He is no longer capable of helping us out... So we need to find a decent replacement for him, unless Stefan or Unixmad would be so kind as to lift that restriction (highly doubt it but its worth mentioning)

A Screen shot sample:

If you would like to apply or have any questions feel free to send them to:
[email protected]

Some Requirements for our staff:
-MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 15 (We don't care about School Drama)
-Must be honest and dedicated to their work
-Must be able to work with other people
-Must be able to keep their mouth shut on projects
-Must have some basic understanding and comprehension of the English Language

If you want to apply for GAT just copy and paste this app into an Email with your answers and sample work:

Servers Worked On: (Iphones dont count)
Ever Been Band:
Why do you want to work here:
Prefer to work on:
Hate to work on:

Attach 2-3 samples of your work, please do not include:
-Classic Heads
-Classic Shields
-Classic Swords
-Classic Bodies

If you want to apply for Gani just copy and paste this app into an Email with your answers and sample work:

Servers Worked On: (Iphones dont count)
Ever Been Banned:
Why do you want to work here:
Prefer to work on:
Hate to work on:

Attach 2-3 Samples of your work, Please dont include:
-Basic crap (sit, idle, dead etc)

Thank you for your time

-Bara Management

Last edited by Memitim; 07-06-2011 at 04:31 AM..
Old 07-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Twilikari is on a distinguished road
You guys should apply! good luck to whoever does!

Btw, Bob is a terrible LATA. Tell Mem to make Tak LATA >:o
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
Hey mem I hope you find someone to help out. I will be home in a few days. I will try my best to catch up the GAT/GANI fields of development as soon as I get home.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 AM
@ Twili Bob is more of a man then you ever will be

@ Racycle take your time You and I have already talked lol
Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
To all of you that are interested in applying but aren't sure let me tell you a few things. Bara has a lot of potential IMO, not just saying that because I work there. If you application is accepted you will not be hassled to get your work done instantly, simply because we want Bara to "continue to grow into something beautiful" as Memitim stated. Not only will you have the enjoyment of working on something we hope will "ooooo and aaaah" players but you be a part a great staff team as well. I really hope to see some decent applicants and the best of luck to all of you who apply.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
So... What is the server gonna be about? I see a simple tileset and no game design plans at all. RPG? Classic? What?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
So... What is the server gonna be about? I see a simple tileset and no game design plans at all. RPG? Classic? What?
To say that there is no game design plans at all is just idiotic and a bit rash to state. If you would like more information on a server please request it in a civilized manner instead of making your self appear as a lazy slob who lacks the capacity to do a little research .The information you are requesting is in no way relevant to the job hiring. Based off the screen shot; an average educated human being should be able to use some conductive reasoning to figure out the style that will be used and some generic ganis that will be used as well. This is a 2nd hiring thread; most of the information can be located on the last hiring thread or if you spent all two seconds logging on you would be able to locate the information for your self. But once again I will restate it.

" Welcome, to Bara online!
In the Japanese language; Bara means "Rose" and as a Rose, our goal at Bara Online is to continue to grow into something beautiful that will overwhelm your senses into a marvelous experience.

Bara Online takes place in a small island hidden in the far west of the Graal Online World. You will experience a lot of Japanese themed content on this server and have a chance to start your own dynasty, battle foes, play events, and write your name into the scrolls of destiny that will be told from generation to generation. "
Old 07-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memitim View Post
To say that there is no game design plans at all is just idiotic and a bit rash to state. If you would like more information on a server please request it in a civilized manner instead of making your self appear as a lazy slob who lacks the capacity to do a little research .The information you are requesting is in no way relevant to the job hiring. Based off the screen shot; an average educated human being should be able to use some conductive reasoning to figure out the style that will be used and some generic ganis that will be used as well. This is a 2nd hiring thread; most of the information can be located on the last hiring thread or if you spent all two seconds logging on you would be able to locate the information for your self. But once again I will restate it.

" Welcome, to Bara online!
In the Japanese language; Bara means "Rose" and as a Rose, our goal at Bara Online is to continue to grow into something beautiful that will overwhelm your senses into a marvelous experience.

Bara Online takes place in a small island hidden in the far west of the Graal Online World. You will experience a lot of Japanese themed content on this server and have a chance to start your own dynasty, battle foes, play events, and write your name into the scrolls of destiny that will be told from generation to generation. "
Ok... Wow... I didn't punch you in the face or anything, man. I was asking what the game was about. Still, with your response I don't see what it is about.

"Battle foes" In what way is this? Will it be JRPG like Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger?

Start a Dynasty? How would this work?

And saying that it is in no way relevant to the job hiring, I suggest you look at this thread: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134261109

The example thread clearly shows some information about gameplay, because just a screenshot doesn't get people interested.

I was just curious, but with your overreaction to my query, I don't even want to know anymore. Calling me an idiot because I just looked at your thread and didn't see anything that would show me what the server would play like? Really? Calm the heck down, man.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
If you would like more information on a server please request it in a civilized manner instead of making your self appear as a lazy slob who lacks the capacity to do a little research
But its perfectly fine to reply in a non-civilized manner?

Quote:
The information you are requesting is in no way relevant to the job hiring. Based off the screen shot; an average educated human being should be able to use some conductive reasoning to figure out the style that will be used and some generic ganis that will be used as well.
How is information on a server irrelevant to a job posting?
I'm definitely not going to blindly sign onto a server without knowing anything about it.

You come off as being quick to insult, and quick to become angry from a simple question that had no bad intentions behind it. Not a good way to put yourself out there.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:58 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
This server is going to be RPG Based. It will be PVP/PVE of course with the ability to toggle until a certain level (Battle Foes). Mobs are included with the "Battle Foes" as well.

Starting a "Dynasty" (AKA Clan/Guild) will require a certain amount of "Honor", that can be gained by doing quest and pking. Honor can also be lost by pking and losing the we will say "fight". After you have enough Honor you will be capable of creating your own "Dynasty", which in turn will allow you to gain control over different towns on the server. There will be certain requirements before you will be able to control a town, but that will be explained at a different time.

I hope that I covered most of your questions and that there are no hard feelings. If you do have anymore questions please feel free to ask them and we will explain as much as we can.

P.S.
We are not typically this way but there have been a few more issues then just a Developer loss and statements were simply taken the wrong way. You have the apologies of the Bara Management and we hope you accept that apology.

Last edited by Darlene159; 07-08-2011 at 04:40 AM..
Old 07-07-2011, 05:27 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I would suggest adding a text shadow effect to your GUI text and choosing brighter colors for your health and energy bar.

Good luck with your server endeavor.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
This is semi-off-topic, but the Japanese symbols next to "Yen" actually stand for "husband" (夫), not yen (円).
Old 07-07-2011, 05:54 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
This is semi-off-topic, but the Japanese symbols next to "Yen" actually stand for "husband" (夫), not yen (円).
Good catch, I am not sure if the GFX person actually knew what that meant or if he was just putting some symbol there. Thanks for letting me know so I can get that fixed.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:32 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
For those of you that what to actually see the server I have opened up a couple of the test levels for you all to view. Please feel free to stop by and check them out.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Drizzy will become famous soon enough
took a look on the server and saw these errors

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...310019892.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...310019975.png/

Good luck to the server and hope to see better improvements in the future.

Last edited by Darlene159; 07-07-2011 at 09:28 PM..