Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 AM
jkool666, Ex-Zone God ;)
Tainted_Love is on a distinguished road
Catastrophic Suggestion, Perhaps

To begin, I’m jkool666. Don’t bother posting if your not going to read my entire post. I also apologize if I act like a “know it all” anywhere, I’m just giving my opinion.

Over the past few years there have been a lot of mistakes made on Zone.

-Removing trials ability to use Guild Tags
This effected both Gold and Trial users, and I’d say this is the first of Zones biggest mistakes. Trials, obviously could no longer participate in Guild Activity, and Gold users could no longer effectively create guilds (on Zone anyway). Guilds were created, but never as successfully as the original ones.

When I think back on those days, there was a LOT of guild activity, 3 large active guilds (Hayashi, Lost Soulds and The Alliance), but I also think that there was NOTHING to do with the guilds. Now we have all these ET commands to manipulate the game but no guilds to do so with. This also took a blow onto the community as well, which is extremely vital in the success of Zone.

I believe the local guild idea would mend this mistake:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=82657

-The release of to many weapons and non-class-specific weapons
Zone doesn’t need as many weapons as it has, especially ones of such power. When I look back now, its obvious a lot of weapons were introduced with very little thought put into them with hopes that they’d keep players (which they did). But then it got a little ridiculous, how many “Insert Colour/Fancy Name” Rifles do we need?

Secondly, the manner in which they are added onto the player is ridiculous. Why even have classes if you’re going to release all the most powerful weapons to ALL classes? It destroys nearly all strategy in picking different classes. Weapons were originally placed into appropriate classes for a reason, balance.

A lot of people won’t like my idea of mending this issue, but here we go… Make a list of every single weapon, gather all the knowledgeable players you can find, have a discussion on what weapons to completely remove from gameplay.
Weapons that should be removed/altered (in my opinion):
-AssaultPistol (remove)
-Chainsaw (remove)
-Greenrifle (remove)
-HeavyLaser (remove)
-Laserforce (remove)
-MetalicRifle (remove)
-Photon (remove)
-Plasmagun (remove)
-Redrifle (remove)
-ScifiPistol (remove)
-Redpistole (remove)
-Bluepistole (remove)
-Stormrifle (remove)
-Streamer (remove)
-Goopistol (remove)
-Flamepistol (remove)
-Dartgun (remove)
-GravityHammer (remove)
-Silencer (remove, but perhaps the silent feature could be added to another weapon)
-BlueRifle (alter the name, perhaps something to do with a more powerful Plasmarifle?)
-SniperRifle (needs to be modified as it doesn’t fit with any other Zone Weapon)
-Holiday Items (should all be modified so they can only be used during holiday times)

That would balance gameplay, weapon wise anyway. Now finally, there has to NEVER be an instance where a weapon is added to ALL classes again. Remaining classless weapons should be placed fairly taking class speed + how many weapons they currently have in them into consideration.

-Strong Push for Events
For a while there was a hard push for more events, with the introduction of an Events Team Admin especially. This is definitely my fault as well unfortunately, but I was working with the things that were being developed. Zone had become an events based server where the community rely'd on seeing a lot of events hosted off to be content with the gameplay.

Zone shouldn’t have ever been a server where nearly everyone had life-time event weapons. Additionally, it shouldn’t have been a server where events were hosted extremely often, but with a time limit on the weapons. The majority of events on Zone SHOULD be Guild Related in some way, to help build a bonding between the community. Encourage guild creation through events.

Events such as Snowrace, Jumprace, Barrel Wars and LavaEvent shouldn’t be hosted off more then once or twice a day. For prizes no higher then 25 Grenades of some type.
Events such as WeaponSpecific Showdown or Spar Tourney you should only see once every month and a half to two months, no more then that. These events would be for prizes of permanent event weapons (which would also be class specific).
Events that can incorporate guilds and teams should be hosted off a lot during the weekends. Again, encourages guild creation and builds a community. If there’s fun things for guilds to do during the weekends, people will want to create guilds.

So I guess my suggestion to mend this would be host events as I am suggesting.

-The Gelat Shop
Perhaps the worst addition to Zone. Allowing players to pay with IRL currency to obtain weapons was a bad idea. All this did was piss off a lot of paying customers. Sure for a little while it made some money, but look at the end result… Not to mention when someone pays to subscribe for a game, they expect to receive all of what that game offers, not pay X amount more for this and that.

My suggestion, keep the shop with some weapons (again, class specific of course), but only for trials to rent out for X days. Gold players automatically receive all Shop Weapons upon upgrading. This would also give more incentive to upgrade as well.

-Trials
Short and sweet, they shouldn’t be allowed to save their stats. Every 3 months their stats should be reset (but their weapons they have rented out shouldn‘t be removed). Again, more incentive to upgrade to Gold.

-*Insert your idea here*

Finally… A reset... These changes would bring Zone back to what it was, but improved. But unfortunately to implement them a player reset is needed, and yes, this means EVERYTHING except Online hours.

Now ask yourselves:
-How often have you complained about overpowered weapons
-How several weapons on Zone basically do the exact same thing with a speed/look variation
-How often have you wished to play these “team games” with actual organized teams to their full potential
-How often do you currently play Zone now, would losing certain items and statistics really bother you? If you don’t play (which no one really does anymore) I can’t see why they would

A player-reset on a server that has no players doesn't do much harm. Especially if your willing to offer the players your resetting new mixed with old, fun, balanced gameplay.

Additionally to all this, a few new things need to be developed and released all at once, incentive to do something else other then killing sprees, for example. There will need to be a period of time where Zone is closed from the public and re-released of course, but I think the re-release will prove most successful.

Well that’s it, if you’re still reading, thanks! I hope I didn’t miss anything, I had a lot I was thinking about. Please add your ideas/discuss.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Cool idea hommie. LOL. *Wishes he posted it on this account* xD
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
bahamutstevetff
Nightmare is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive read everything there. I dont se a single bad idea, except, why remove RPs and BPs? they are event weapons, and with the even suggestion, they shouldnt be a problem if you put them with a balanced class. And btw, nice account name jesse, thats a good song. If these changed were implemented asap on zone you would see a major increase of players.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:56 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted_Love View Post
Gold players automatically receive all Shop Weapons upon upgrading
I dissagree, i think that you should buy them in the ingame shop, just like it used to be, and since trials can now safe( i think?) Trials just shouldn't be able to buy weapons, but only rent them or something like you said.

That's the only thing i dissagree with tho, and i liked the rest.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Why remove the metalic rifle D: it sucks.

Also to add to the -*Insert your idea here*
I know most people have said this before, but there should be more perks from when you go up a class level, maybe 2 or 5 more hp, more heads, could hold more heals, a little more energy, anything. But just having a plasmasword changing colors is pretty lame.

Last edited by Donark; 07-10-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Old 07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Some pretty solid ideas here for the most part, I do agree that there needs to be local guilds and I believe we'll be implementing a local guild system soon (Stefan had Tig work on a big guild system that does just about everything that the guilds do on the Graal website and I think Stefan wanted to have that implemented on Zone).

I also think Stefan wants to push for a new gun system all together which would eliminate most of the excess of weapons and bring Zone back to a basic state with regards to weapons to increase the chance of battles being decided based on skill rather than weapons.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambet View Post
to increase the chance of battles being decided based on skill rather than weapons.
yes!!! I will rule zone again!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
I know most people have said this before, but there should be more perks from when you go up a class level, maybe 2 or 5 more hp, more heads, could hold more heals, a little more energy, anything. But just having a plasmasword changing colors is pretty lame.
I agree there should be perks, but there should be no kind of perk that increases a players talent, know what I mean? Perhaps being given Gold Weapons at a certain rank and new outfits is a great idea too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Ive read everything there. I dont se a single bad idea, except, why remove RPs and BPs? they are event weapons,
If you keep them, then change the names of each weapon. I just don't think that many prizes are needed for the amount of events there SHOULD be. Reapers, Twinblade and Doubleshot are still solid Event Prizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
If these changed were implemented asap on zone you would see a major increase of players.
I agree, especially if the server went down for a bit and MEGA advertised that major updates were coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
i think that you should buy them in the ingame shop, just like it used to be,
Items such as Jetpack and holliday items would still be in-game shop items. As long as no weapons go into all classes, and we don't release duplicates of the same weapons that look a little different.

Quote:
and since trials can now safe( i think?)
Quote:
Short and sweet, they shouldn’t be allowed to save their stats.
Trials shouldn't be able to save their stats for more then 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
I also think Stefan wants to push for a new gun system all together which would eliminate most of the excess of weapons
I'm very glad to hear Stefan and I both believe that ;P. If major work on this ever needs to be done I'd offer assitance where I can. I can't develop anything, but I have good ideas and can pick out bad ones, I think lol.

Last edited by jkool666; 07-11-2009 at 03:10 AM..
Old 07-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
To begin, I’m jkool666. Don’t bother posting if your not going to read my entire post.
Did not read the rest of the post, just wanted to let you know that you do not get to tell me what to do, yo.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
A reset? No thank you...

Many people spended a lot of their time in the game, If you reset them now you will probally lose a ****load of players. Also some people spended money on gelat weapons (stronger weapons) to get better stats, which they would also lose..
Old 07-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
Don't touch my stats!

*inseert your Idea*

Get a better anti hacking system and make the server faster.

I agree with Jesse on much things, especially the one that tells that Gold players should get all waepons and Trial players can by them.

But the most important thing I think that should be done is this:

Close the server for +- a month and get much people working on it and make some great updates.

Then advertise for a release day ( host event and make it a great day.) I expeet that there will be much players on the realease day, and if its nice enough much players will stay at Zone and start to play it again.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
. Also some people spended money on gelat weapons (stronger weapons) to get better stats,
Which they didn't really deserve then, atleast that's my opinion.

Most of the people who have reached high ranks such as legend, don't play anymore,
if we get a completely new system where you rank actually means anything, it wouldn't be fair if they start out with their old ranks, they should have to earn them again.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
Errm first off.
Quote:
A player-reset on a server that has no players doesn't do much harm. Especially if your willing to offer the players your resetting new mixed with old, fun, balanced gameplay.
Quote:
Many people spended a lot of their time in the game, If you reset them now you will probally lose a ****load of players.
Zone's playercount never reaches 10. What players are you talking about? And the introduction of the Gelat Shop and SEVERAL overpowered boring, unthoughtout weapons did much more damage to the playercount.

Quote:
Also some people spended money on gelat weapons (stronger weapons) to get better stats, which they would also lose..
The release of the Gelat Shop/Those Weapons was an obvious mistake. Unfortunately a reset is needed upon removeing those systems. As people would have kills with guns that don't exist.

A LOT of Graal servers reset every couple or few years (Kingdoms, Era, Maloria, Zodiac, UnholyNation, Ect). Zone hasn't had a reset ever since it went Gold. If people want Zone fixed, their going to have to accept that a reset is going to happen no matter what.

Quote:
Which they didn't really deserve then, atleast that's my opinion.
Exactly, people earned stats by standing infront of bases with weapons that are 4 or 5 hit kills and lamed. Those aren't fair stats.

Last edited by jkool666; 07-11-2009 at 06:08 PM..
Old 07-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I support all of your ideas except for the weapons part...

perhaps add a few like the sabre and stormrifle, gradually once you achive new ranks, you can buy those weapons in the zone money shop for a certian price...

just a suggestion...
Old 07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
I support everything aswell.

My request: Remove some weapons, add them to a shop where they could only be bought with Game Award points. Each different planet's Game Award points won't be the same. So in Koth's GA points shop, they would be different weapons than Iricia's Point shop.