Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Again with the lies Squirt. Don't worry we'll huddle up in your Mercy Guildhouse and let you lame our spar rate.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
We're definitely trying, Squirto. You guys don't see how much we've cut back on staff rights. There was a lot worse abuse going on other than warping (not that it vindicates it).
i know the cure for that
just hire me
Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM
molemen unite
RockPlant is an unknown quantity at this point
Un needs more women with more women we can get more sandwitches and beer. With this tool the men of un can come up with more ideas this is only phase one.

Phase two has to deal with brodem

phase three ?????

phase four profit.

Last edited by RockPlant; 09-22-2009 at 06:21 PM..
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPlant View Post
Un needs more women with more women we can get more sandwitches and beer. With this tool the men of un can come up with more ideas this is only phase one.

Phase two has to deal with brodem

phase three ?????

phase four profit.
there are no girls on the internet

good idea though
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
Again with the lies Squirt. Don't worry we'll huddle up in your Mercy Guildhouse and let you lame our spar rate.
I don't understand what you're saying when you say "again with the lies". I consider myself a fair person and I don't really care about too much. However, when a staff member abuses, and abuses me no less, I see it as a problem. Staff are supposed to be role models, and what you did was pure out abuse.

I don't remember laming peoples rate in Mercy GH, and you can even ask someone like Ares or something. My own rate was lamed from Mercy GH MULTIPLE times and when I confronted a GP they said that it didn't follow the basic spar room rules, so it, was legal. I don't see any correlation about this though and how you ABUSED me with your warp rights.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
More players.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
How shimmy how
Old 09-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
Firstly, I am aware it is none of my business and don't expect an answer if I was to ask why, hence why I won't. But how can taking away RC do ANYTHING for punishment, if this were the case, which is the only thing I can think to be for taking away such a right. You say you're in need of dev staff, in particular NAT's, yet you take away RC rights. SURELY this is completely counter-productive?

In accordance to staff rights being cut back on greatly, it is an option to cut corruption and abuse, but it's rather a contradictory idea in my opinion. If you allowed other staff to monitor how the other staff act, this wouldn't be a problem. That's where the admins come in and therefore need to be hired carefully rather than just hiring for the sake of it.

In response to the pet system, I take it that you've had countless people requesting it? Have you not thought they request this simply because it is something that has been said is going to be done and is something new? Personally, I can see it being released and then untouched after a few days.
I think the attitude needs to be switched from "I'm working on what I have spent time on." to "What will draw in players more and for a longer period of time?" Everything I mentioned I can foresee increasing player activity as it provides something to do and strive for. Personally, I can't see anything to do or anything that is worth while doing on UN at present. The only thing it relies on is an active events team and friends from what I can make out.
The key things UN also relies upon for doing is hat trading, NPC trading and swapping ep for gralats. I hardly see anybody mining, I hardly see anybody cutting trees, there's a few quests but have been no extra for years.

As for the spar rate laming and free kills. This is where I would section the spar areas into two sections. One ranked, and one unranked. Naturally, the ranked section would be for members only. There are other ways to prevent spar laming and free kills etc when a little thought is added, and to which I have applied some thought of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I don't understand what you're saying when you say "again with the lies". I consider myself a fair person and I don't really care about too much. However, when a staff member abuses, and abuses me no less, I see it as a problem. Staff are supposed to be role models, and what you did was pure out abuse.

I don't remember laming peoples rate in Mercy GH, and you can even ask someone like Ares or something. My own rate was lamed from Mercy GH MULTIPLE times and when I confronted a GP they said that it didn't follow the basic spar room rules, so it, was legal. I don't see any correlation about this though and how you ABUSED me with your warp rights.
/recall was the command, you know, some NPC.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 AM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
Kirble's right.

We need something to draw in and keep players. That's a reason i posted this thread.

The pet system is going to be like all the other systems that were released. Its gonna get a ton of hype when its released, then its going to stop being used. Its a pattern.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Again, I'm just going to say I'm not shaking or nodding at any of the things stated; I'm completely neutral right now. I just need to clear some things up.

Limiting rights on Unholy Nation isn't counter productive. We have a replica server (Unholy Dev) where all of the major development work is done prior to being transferred to UN. This gives us ("higher" authority) a chance to screen things first. There has been more than enough development right abuse. Level rights, and scripting rights in particular. I know you're referring to Shane when you talk about the GAT. If anything, he's currently freelance working. Once the projects that will need a GAT like him pick up (Halloween), he may very well be "signed" to the team and put to work right away.

I do agree sparrers need something, and will get what they deserve in due time. However, regardless of my "thinking", why would it be sensible to drop an entire project that a lot of hard work has gone into? You're talking about bringing fresh players to the server, boosting the server's count.. Well, we already have the majority of sparring/classic-style PKing players. If we want to draw new players, we want to release things that appeal to them. There's a reason servers like Era and Zodiac have done so good for themselves (in a sense).

Just to wrap up replying to your statements, staff monitoring staff is the way the server has been run for years. It's obviously not working as well as carefully selecting which people get which rights. Does that make sense? Shane is the only "staff" member without an RC, just an fyi.

I know I kind of hopped around, but it's late. I was going to wait till the morning to reply, but decided against it.

Side note: You're deducting things rather quickly, huh? Have you even been back for a full week? :P No offense intended.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
None taken.

I did speak to a fellow named Hiro who also doesn't have RC as far as I was made aware. But that's neither here nor there I suppose.
As for the staff monitoring staff reply, it has been done for years, and it did work well when staff hirings were carried out thoroughly and requirements had to be met and vetting of people's maturity was constant. There is obviously a certain amount of trust that needs to be had. Personally, I think Vicious would be a good candidate for this job due to his experience and maturity in various fields.

As for things that appeal to new people, how are you aware that new players would want to have pets? I relate Graal obviously to Zelda, which is it's base, and therefore the main effect drawing players was fighting en masse. Personally, I find the free nature of the development to be an attractive quality of the game, but that's just me.

I am simply noting things that REALLY should be done in the first instance. Classic has it down to a tee, but there does need to be a few more things thrown into the equasion, as to which UN has to offer, it's just lacking on the key aspects. Classic has a simple overworld, with VERY minimal lag and near perfect sparring and pk'ing setup.
UN has a laggy overworld due to vast amounts of NPC's that some may be poorly scripted but a lot are good ideas, and it's this that brings down the sparring and pk'ing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
there are no girls on the internet

good idea though
How uncool from you, I always thought you were...damn...
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ice_Cold View Post
How shimmy how
Use that retarded script Era uses where you can't jump servers once you're on UN.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
How uncool from you, I always thought you were...damn...
Ever heard of sarcasm?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto