Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
What has changed on N-Pulse since you were manager?
You woulkd have to ask them that. I have nothing to do with it. All I know is they are planning something big, which has been posted on the forums, and it sounds good to me.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
You woulkd have to ask them that. I have nothing to do with it. All I know is they are planning something big, which has been posted on the forums, and it sounds good to me.
Everything sounds good to you!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Everything sounds good to you!
No, different ideas, getting away from classic, sounds good to me. People making a real effort to make something great, sounds good to me.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
No, different ideas, getting away from classic, sounds good to me. People making a real effort to make something great, sounds good to me.
Having 4 worlds that are going to be too big for any playercount sounds bad to me. I don't see how it sounds good to you and was hoping you'd tell me rather than just saying it sounds good.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Having 4 worlds that are going to be too big for any playercount sounds bad to me. I don't see how it sounds good to you and was hoping you'd tell me rather than just saying it sounds good.
Having 4 worlds, all different, but tied in together somehow, as long as that aren't ridiculously big, sounds good to me.
I don't know what they are doing with it, but it could be good if done right.
Look, what sounds good to me doesn't have to sound good to you. We are all different people, with different likes and dislikes. I can accept that.
It STILL sounds good to me....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Look, what sounds good to me doesn't have to sound good to you. We are all different people, with different likes and dislikes. I can accept that.
It STILL sounds good to me....
I wasn't trying to get you to change your opinion. I just didn't understand why you thought it sounded good. New things aren't always always good. I wonder if Bell's new rules would prevent N-Pulse from doing the Zodiac-clone update or ever coming back. We already have that style of gameplay and it is on one of the most popular servers around.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Quote:
I wasn't trying to get you to change your opinion. I just didn't understand why you thought it sounded good. New things aren't always always good. I wonder if Bell's new rules would prevent N-Pulse from doing the Zodiac-clone update or ever coming back. We already have that style of gameplay and it is on one of the most popular servers around.
Something can be similar, but a lot different. Someone can take an idea as a starting point, and add a total different spin to it.
I don't know, I guess we will just have to see what happens, and go from there.
I am just waiting for something totally different, and great.

And, yea I agree that different doesn't always mean good.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
The new rules won't automatically rule out servers that have similarities such as with N-Pulse/Zodiac. We will also be considering the differences as well. There will always be similar things in servers. If we became that nitpicky it would mean a complete halt of progression. Only one server with mining and farming, one with guild wars, one with skills and character creation. We wish to improve servers not halt their production completely.

Tig has suggested having 25 non graphically related differences for Hosted tab. I feel that may be overboard and think it may be too restrictive for servers just intending to give a preview of their server but I'm sure we'll work out those details with a little time.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM
AEON Manager
Hatred89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hatred89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
To me it just sounds redundant and I can imagine quantity over quality really playing a role there.
Eh, sorry I am going to have to correct you on that one. Trust me the reason we have been on the hosted tab longer then anyone else is because we have been constantly improving the quality of our work.

Also we are not far off from being ready to apply for classic tab once more and I do mean truly ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
It sounds fun but Stefan won't allow it to be 4 separate worlds. It has to be tied together as a past/present/future thing or basically they are just paying for one server in order to develop 4.

I'm not saying that is what they are doing. I'm just basically warning people who have their mental gears churning that this is not allowed.
Ah, Bell by the time you make your next visit a lot will have changed and it won't seem like four servers tossed into one. Everything will be linked together but I can't say anything more then that b/c I don't want to spoil anything.

Quote:
Having 4 worlds on 1 playerworld? Even the majority of the servers with high playercounts have single overworlds that are too big, 4 different worlds is stretching it.
Well I mean take a glance at Graal Kingdoms they have multiple gmaps. Plus the thing with other server is they are only targeting one audience and our server will target the majority of everyone who plays graal. So the multiple maps we have won't seem so big at all.

Anyhow the only reason we have been taking so long is because like I guess Bell said ealier alot of players on graal have ADD and we go from having everyone working to people taking a break sometimes but that has changed. Trust me people will be amazed once we release. We are working on a lot of new things that graal hasn't seen before. Just because we might have four different worlds with similar themes being already on the classic tab doesn't mean we are going in the exact direction as those servers.

I know I am a bit late to posting but I don't read the forums that often.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Quote:
I'll forward our hate mail to you when people start getting turned down for hosted and servers start disappearing of tabs for development inactivity
Will you guys finally remove these servers at "Classics" who doesn't even needs to be there? Because they have like 0 players online. Max 10. Even my server I bought yesterday has that many players online... Even more.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
I'll forward our hate mail to you when people start getting turned down for hosted and servers start disappearing of tabs for development inactivity
This is bit late, but describe 'development inactivity' in regards to a situations like Valikorlia's.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Live to Laugh
Desear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desear Send a message via MSN to Desear
Don't know what exactly has been said, but I agree with the too many player worlds, and such with Bells' post, but also a reason why player count is down, is because school has started back up, and a lot of players may not have time to play, or can't.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
This is bit late, but describe 'development inactivity' in regards to a situations like Valikorlia's.
Each server will receive a review to determine exactly what its particular issue is. We will then discuss it and decide on an appropriate course of action and if there is anything in particular the PWA may be able to do to help. Not every case will be the same naturally and individual guidelines haven't been set yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desear View Post
Don't know what exactly has been said, but I agree with the too many player worlds, and such with Bells' post, but also a reason why player count is down, is because school has started back up, and a lot of players may not have time to play, or can't.
That will naturally be considered but is usually temporary. When school starts or there are final exams all servers have a lull at the same time. The servers we'll be reviewing already have a long term problem that isn't related to school.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Each server will receive a review to determine exactly what its particular issue is. We will then discuss it and decide on an appropriate course of action and if there is anything in particular the PWA may be able to do to help. Not every case will be the same naturally and individual guidelines haven't been set yet.

That will naturally be considered but is usually temporary. When school starts or there are final exams all servers have a lull at the same time. The servers we'll be reviewing already have a long term problem that isn't related to school.
But how will you guys be addressing the lack of development being done right now? The problem is indeed outdated content, but also the lack of new content being created. I am making slow progress trying to make my server, most primarily because I dont really trust anyone else to make the plans that me and my team (consisting of Codein and Steve) come into reality.

Of course, there is a certain group of renowned developers (Forum users seems to be a synonym here) that I would trust with working on my project, but all of these people have visions of their own, and even though I try to help them out, I find myself unable to keep my attention at their projects for long. I name Ziro, because initially I was into quite some design for Maloria.

The thing is, attention fades when its content being made by gamers, and it sometimes disturbs me, and I think I can be honest if I say that I speak for a majority of the graal players, that the people who spearhead all of Graal, the PWA team and Stefan, haven't taken credit or shown any of the work that is being done.

Instead of clearing outdated content, we should rather replace if with new stuff. The PWA's often develop, right? Tig, TSA, and although your field of expertise is unknown to me, Bell, I believe that every single PWA team member can do a lot to help out the graal community with stuff.
This has to be my smartest post ever.
I am not trying to diss you guys, because I have seen a lot of stuff that has been progressing in the past two months, on all kinds of projects, and I hope that this creativity will soar still as it does. (Puppetmaster, Maloria, N-Pulse) But right now I am wandering what you will doing to push development, rather then pull it.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
RozenMaiden is on a distinguished road
So "downsizing" huh?

Well I agree there are too few players for the servers. So you try to change that by letting playercount drop even more?

4 servers in one? Oh come on, who would do that, even one server with some mobs lags enough...

Imho the problem with most servers is that they don't work out their ideas, that why they fail. It's always the same
"modern typed server" "guns" "better than era"
"rpg" "crafting" "jobs"

the crafting and jobs are usually more boring than useless, but both of that at the same time. They have to put some creative, fun and useful elements into their timesinks. And they need to work out their story and other stuff before they start. Honestly, I like scripting but I loose interest fast if it's like "hey we need jobs, make some". And when you ask for details its like "dunno, mining maybe, just use <stolen image from some other serv>, we'll replace that later"