Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
We don't drop the PC client at all.

We are working on a completely new client based on unity, the first project using this new client is a 3d version of Era. The new client will include new development tools, like a 3d map editor compatible with tablets.

In the meantime I don't see reasons to spend time on releasing a new client, we don't have any major bug: the disconnection bug have been fixed long time ago and was server side.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:35 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post

We are working on a completely new client based on unity, the first project using this new client is a 3d version of Era. The new client will include new development tools, like a 3d map editor compatible with tablets.
Very good to hear this from you! Unity is a good choice I think. Is there any chance of releasing Graal on Steam? Also many developers are not interested in making a 3D server, or tablet compatibility, so will support remain for classic-style worlds?
Old 07-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
But there is more that could be done to increase exposure to the PC client no? A lot of which could be assisted by members of the community if given some faith & backing.

Quote:
In the meantime I don't see reasons to spend time on releasing a new client, we don't have any major bug: the disconnection bug have been fixed long time ago and was server side.
I was still experiencing this bug as of a few weeks ago. There are also quite a lot of un-fixed bugs within the current client's release thread, some of which are simple to fix.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Do we known if someone has experienced the disconnection bug on Mac or only on windows?

I think Rob sent me a script last year to trigger the bug, it was a script randomly changing the levels very quickly, are some of you experienced a way to replicate the bug?

I did trace the client some time ago and it look like the bug has something to do with the zib libraries randomly bugging, when a wrong packet is received the client is just disconnecting without trying to recover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
But there is more that could be done to increase exposure to the PC client no? A lot of which could be assisted by members of the community if given some faith & backing.

I was still experiencing this bug as of a few weeks ago. There are also quite a lot of un-fixed bugs within the current client's release thread, some of which are simple to fix.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:16 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Do we known if someone has experienced the disconnection bug on Mac or only on windows?

I think Rob sent me a script last year to trigger the bug, it was a script randomly changing the levels very quickly, are some of you experienced a way to replicate the bug?

I did trace the client some time ago and it look like the bug has something to do with the zib libraries randomly bugging, when a wrong packet is received the client is just disconnecting without trying to recover...

I'm not exactly sure what most of this means, but Kingdoms has the disconnect bug and it really does cause players to quit. I know I've stopped playing lately simply because I can't handle the disconnects.

This bug is NOT fixed, and we've been trying to fix it for years, but nobody wants to help....
Old 07-26-2016, 08:28 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Happens on Zodiac sometimes. Random reconnects, but it's been rare for me.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:

ahh so thats why the job opening for a programmer required unity skills :P!

oh man, cant wait to start making lowpoly 3d models wooooo

Old 07-26-2016, 10:38 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Cant wait to see what happens. Graal needs a big change. I have enjoyed some games using unity.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-26-2016, 02:57 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Ahh, this is so awesome! but, but what's going to happen to my wonderful GS2?
Old 07-27-2016, 02:34 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
Ahh, this is so awesome! but, but what's going to happen to my wonderful GS2?
Will hopefully die. GScript sucks.

On another note, though, glad to hear things are being worked on. Please don't **** this up.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Will hopefully die. GScript sucks.

On another note, though, glad to hear things are being worked on. Please don't **** this up.
I have a hard time understanding how Graal can continue to be Graal without actually being Graal. Sounds to me like they are just going to make a new game. That's why I was hoping Unix could answer my question instead of talking about some disconnect bug.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
While the potential benefits of a new client are clear, this raises more questions than answers and in the absence of detailed information does little to provide re-assurances over the future of current Graal on this platform.

In the mean time, what is going to be done to reverse the current downward spiral?

• Global playercount is slowly but surely dropping

The summer holidays have for the first time as far as I'm aware not produced an increase in playercount, even Zodiac (which has been a beacon of stability for several years) currently finds itself in a slump.

• There is no longer a listed traditional sword server

Although many could argue that the removal of Unholy Nation was on the cards, this would not have happened had it not been for the combined failure in Graal's security capabilities and the compromise of a global staff member, it was essentially scapegoated. Meanwhile control of a poor-mans Unholy Nation in the form of Npulse has been given to a team of developers with no history on the server, whereas CloudStrife was refused access to Graal2001 (which he does have history on) and provided with an excuse of "I'm not in to reviving servers".

An offer to construct a spar only server has fallen on deaf ears.

The agreement to port Graal the Adventure to Facebook/Web has not been honored. In previous years there were echos of Facebook/Web accessibility becoming the way forward for PC servers, one such official announcement being here, but this has not come to fruition.

I also offered to have GtA listed temporarily for the summer, but Carlito put it bluntly that he would not co-operate with me because of his personal differences (had he have been more transparent on the previous point instead of keeping me in the dark all that time, perhaps I'd have been less critical towards him).

• The Graal website is out-dated both in terms of its development and content

With it previously being acknowledged that the Graal website could do with a shake-up, for all I know maybe an individual/team has already been assembled to deal with this. But being a professional full-stack web developer I had hoped my offers to redevelop it free of charge would at least be returned with a "no thank you" or "non merci".

Even without renovating the website there are some relatively simple changes that could be beneficial:

- Add a client download button in plain sight which detects which OS you are using

- Replace (vastly out-dated) news archives with Facebook feeds. Can be done through official JS widgets if bespoke is not desired

- Remove references to Pay to Play & Trial Mode. Whether it's intended for players to still have to upgrade to Gold in order to obtain a Community Name I do not know, but this should be reflected on the Subscription Centre, though that seems unfair given that people in-the-know can seemingly request an account name from a global

- Add link to the new Support Centre

- Remove Graal Zone's inner pages and link the Zone section of the home page to its web app instead

- The link to this forum only works if the user is logged in and has Gold subscription. Would it not be desirable to allow the forums to be found purely for reading purposes? Even then these forums do not actually require Gold, but just a Community Name

- Although this could be classed as an addition, the Graal website does not provide any information on server renting or how to "create your own world", or what exactly dispensing with the €49/€79 fee provides you with. Maybe more people would be willing to rent a server if they were provided with some enticement? Otherwise it's pretty much relying on just word of mouth. I would suggest the addition of both a shorter and longer dev subscription period as well.

• Small things which can be fixed by editing login server scripts

- Client RC doesn't list new body colours

- Make PlayerList Show On First Login

- Mass Message Option Stuck

- In-game GUIs still reflect the old subscription policy. For example the trial bar is still visible (though some servers hide it via script)

(there are probably others, these are just things I've posted)

Last edited by ffcmike; 07-27-2016 at 07:40 PM..
Old 07-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
I'd still love to see a classic server to play in the mean time whilst N-Pulse is being worked on. I think GTA should just get a full release on Playerworlds and onto Facebook.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
dont worry, i'm here to save the day. i will host an onlinestartlocal.graal for u all.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
dont worry, i'm here to save the day. i will host an onlinestartlocal.graal for u all.
uhh sorry i only enter .zelda levels