Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Graal v5: Just add water (water not included)

Graal v5 shows potential, but I have a feeling that it should've been tested and gotten some opinion before you released it. I'm only going to talk about the things I've seen done, so stuff like Video capturing, that I've never done, won't be discussed.

New "Dockable Playerlist". The Dockable playerlist shows up above any and all screens you attempt to put in front of it, and lacks a minimize button. The dockable playerlist goes over everything; which ended up worse then I presumed. I figured that it would be set up, so when I was going on my firefox client, pressed the maximize size button, it would re-configure the window to fit perfectly with the dockable playerlist, without affecting what I was seeing in the window, which is not the case. There's something about it that looks more attractive though.

New Message System. I doubt the way it's done was changed much, except that now the messages (or PMs, respectively), show up on the graal client, instead of as seperate windows. This can be a good and a bad thing. It helps keep your graal PMs a bit more orderly (they're not seperate windows; take less space, I presume was the reason), but it also makes the whole idea of a dockable playerlist useless as well. I figured, hey, if it's a docakble playerlist, when I want to mass, I can just mass without having anything else on! This was already possible with off-screen windows popping up, but now I have to go on my client to talk in PMs or Mass Messages. Sure, it's less laggy for 7 year old XP, but I'd prefer to talk without my client, and just the way it used to be.

New Taskbar on Graal Client. A lot of people think this is stupid, but I thought it was great that I can go to Start -> Forums or Start -> Graalbible and not have to go through my real start on my XP task bar (which, is blocked out by my dockable playerlist, I might add), and also I can simply click worlds to go and pick a new server. I thought they might be able to put the GUIs in here too, but they have the same minimized GUI windows. perhaps that will come in a later date, as well as being able to toggle between servers in a single client with that nifty little task bar.

New RPG window (F2). It's just more attractive, less cluttered, and more professional. Nothing to complain about here.

New look of GUIs. They look a Little different, not enough to kill myself over, at least in my opinion. It's nice though. Nothing to complain about.

New Subscriptions. Call me crazy, but I thought it was a good idea to have the new separated subscriptions. When I bought the game, I tried out GK and didn't enjoy it, but I enjoy Zone. If this was out, it would've been great to just buy a Zone subscription. The lack of the lifetime classic subscription might be because of them losing money, but either way, $2 is not something too crazy to pay every month.

Graal v5 needs the water in it's instant package to flourish. It needs to fix its few bugs and try to read these opinions and see exactly what the players are most disappointed/happy about.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:40 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I sort of agree except for the playerlist part. What you are describing just seems like a small bug.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:03 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Yeah, I agree other than the playerlist thing.
And you forgot to mention video capture! ;o

I showed my friend irl, who once played Graal for about half a year and then quit, all the new features of Graal v5, and showed him some screen shots and a video I took and he's getting pretty interested in coming back now, which he never was before. See? Graal v5 is a blessing.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-15-2007, 05:17 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
New Subscriptions. Call me crazy, but I thought it was a good idea to have the new separated subscriptions. When I bought the game, I tried out GK and didn't enjoy it, but I enjoy Zone. If this was out, it would've been great to just buy a Zone subscription. The lack of the lifetime classic subscription might be because of them losing money, but either way, $2 is not something too crazy to pay every month[/QUOTE]

Everyone saying "a month" scares me, it's still the yearly payments right?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Rediculously inactive
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
New Subscriptions. Call me crazy, but I thought it was a good idea to have the new separated subscriptions. When I bought the game, I tried out GK and didn't enjoy it, but I enjoy Zone. If this was out, it would've been great to just buy a Zone subscription. The lack of the lifetime classic subscription might be because of them losing money, but either way, $2 is not something too crazy to pay every month

Everyone saying "a month" scares me, it's still the yearly payments right?
It is...but if you use simple math you can see that the price it is per month (which you pay all at once), is $2 (USD).
Old 07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
I am beginning to cringe at the thought of opening my stupid f7 list, it puts me out for like 3 seconds with a white screen and its just inconvenient.

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Rediculously inactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
I am beginning to cringe at the thought of opening my stupid f7 list, it puts me out for like 3 seconds with a white screen and its just inconvenient.
Mine opens up on starting of the graal client so I never get that :x
Old 07-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Forgive me if these have already been said, but I think we should be able to customize the start menu, and in the (F2) Menu there should be a toall log
Old 07-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
People still use toalls? :o
Old 07-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
on a few server, there is about 1 or 2 a day, averaged

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Rediculously inactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker180 View Post
on a few server, there is about 1 or 2 a day, averaged
Unholy Nation gets a decent some, lack of proper opening without using the minimap kills my idea of using them though.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
People still use toalls? :o
People on Classic do. We decided to use the chat system on Graal4 for a log, but the chat box on it was eye blinding.