Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 03:20 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You have complete control over what data you pass to it, instead of checking for how many parameters you pass to a certain function, write a function to take exactly how many parameters you need.

I.e:

PHP Code:
function getDist2(temp.x1temp.x2) {

// code for just two points here

I kinda did that to save lines, but I get ya. I still have the whole problem of not being able to send the correct param array
Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
I kinda did that to save lines, but I get ya. I still have the whole problem of not being able to send the correct param array
Saving lines is almost never an excuse in programming. Do it the way that makes the most sense.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new v6 beta version (v5.317) has been released for Windows at http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip:
- fixed some problems with gani script initialization (onPlayerEnters when re-entering a level)
- fixed update problems of gui graphics with grids
- for avoiding problems with the new particle engine you can specify emitter.particle.uniqueparticle = true; which will disable the optimized rendering and allow different text and images for each particle

Last edited by Admins; 01-30-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
The issue where on-screen/layer over 3 displays from level NPCs being hidden when the parent npc is off screen which was (seemingly) previously fixed has returned.

A potentially big problem I've noticed with this latest version is that the clientside dir variables of npcs are -sometimes- not setting properly for all npcs within an entire level which is happening within each npc onCreated, I have no idea why though, it's only happening some of the time, I reconnect and enter these levels again and they work fine, can't really find a common condition for it to occur.

Freezing bug for when closing the client is still occuring, any information on such things like specs that could possibly be of interest?

Also may want to remove the ":" from the end of the downlink link .
Old 02-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Anyone experienced problems or has questions about the latest Windows release?

When pressing escape in fullscreen mode it will switch back to window mode (like on Mac). This is scripted so we could change it if it's not wanted.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
A potentially big problem I've noticed with this latest version is that the clientside dir variables of npcs are -sometimes- not setting properly for all npcs within an entire level which is happening within each npc onCreated, I have no idea why though, it's only happening some of the time, I reconnect and enter these levels again and they work fine, can't really find a common condition for it to occur.
After further testing I've realised this is happening as a result of rapidly entering a level for the first time and then exiting, which ofcourse is a well known cause of problems, this specific problem doesn't occur in previous versions however, plus I always have the script as "this.dir" so with the correct scope.

Also not related to V6 but I think you may need to take a look at this:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...21#post1627521

Last edited by ffcmike; 02-03-2011 at 05:40 AM..
Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
When ever you show an image that hasn't been uploaded to the server it give you the correct error in the log 'File download: foo.png not found'. Then when you do upload the file to server, it doesn't bother to try to download it. Reopening Graal fixes this though.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
When ever you show an image that hasn't been uploaded to the server it give you the correct error in the log 'File download: foo.png not found'. Then when you do upload the file to server, it doesn't bother to try to download it. Reopening Graal fixes this though.
Could probably be fixed with a script like this. My function names are off though but the main idea is there.

PHP Code:
function onLevelFileUpdated() {

temp.filename extractfilename(params[0]);
  for (
aallplayersa.triggerclient(this.nametemp.filename);
}

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onLogMessage() {
  if (
logmessage.starts("File download: ")) {

this.failed.add(filename);
  }
}

function 
onActionClientSide() {
  if (
params[0] == "fileuploaded") {
    if (
params[1in this.failed) {

downloadfile(params[1]);

this.failed.remove(params[1]);
    }
  }

or something similar if it's really that big of issue.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 AM
One More Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Could probably be fixed with a script like this. My function names are off though but the main idea is there.

PHP Code:
function onLevelFileUpdated() {

temp.filename extractfilename(params[0]);
  for (
aallplayersa.triggerclient(this.nametemp.filename);
}

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onLogMessage() {
  if (
logmessage.starts("File download: ")) {

this.failed.add(filename);
  }
}

function 
onActionClientSide() {
  if (
params[0] == "fileuploaded") {
    if (
params[1in this.failed) {

downloadfile(params[1]);

this.failed.remove(params[1]);
    }
  }

or something similar if it's really that big of issue.
That is basically the worked around I'm using, just would like to see the game not give up and never try again. xP
Old 02-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
I don't know if anybody has reported this, but I don't feel like reading through 59 pages.

No matter what server I am on I am getting lag spurts. I'll be running around, even within the same level, and all of a sudden the client will freeze up for a couple of seconds and it is rather annoying.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Old 02-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Haha, Tig told me about this bug the other day as it bugged the **** outta him. Guess he didn't fix it after all.
One of a few reasons I'm waiting for a more stable release

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I have a couple of other similar graphical issues with tiles, like this

Old 02-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Yeah and when I go from the UN gmap to the mining caves it does not load the tileset inside the caves. I have to close the entire client and reload it to get it to switch between the tilesets.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
Which level name (F5)?

Tags
graal v6, windows