Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 AM
MunkyPuff is on a distinguished road
Talking Offline Tileset Solution

For two days straight I tried and tried to get my stupid tileset to work offline on the editor. Everytime I got thoes friggen black lines across the screen! I know many others had this problem because I scoured the forums looking for a solution and found that others had the same issue. (some due to other problems such as wrong img format, wrong script, ect. ) but this was different.

After trial and error I found out that the editor couldn't find my file! THAT'S IT! I couldn't believe it..

What I did was when your in the editor and you have your script open that should look similar to this:

//#CLIENTSIDE
if (created) {
removetiledefs;
addtiledef myrtileset.png,,1;
}

On the top of the script box where it allows you to browse for an image, I browsed for my tileset and loaded it up, which is going to turn your script into your tile, then deleted it, then removed tile defs, and tried it again.
And Voila! So simple...yet so obnoxious =P

Hope this may of helped some ppl!

-Pea
Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I seriously appreciate you posting this for people. Usually people just post asking for help.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
++ rep good job.

Sticky please.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
You could also put your offline tileset in a folder where you saved the level that your using the offline tileset from.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
MunkyPuff is on a distinguished road
Yup it worked! that makes it much easier! Thanks!!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Erm, there's an even simpler solution to this error - delete FILENAMESCACHE.txt, restart editor, and tadaa!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-13-2008, 12:00 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. Until I do my own tutorials I'll keep this in the tutorial sticky from haunter.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:56 AM
RIP Darkcloud_PK
weeway will become famous soon enough
Haha same think allways happends to me I reinstalled edited and everything still broke my friend told me to put a script in and TADA
Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Coder
GoDoT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoDoT
Hate to bump this old thread, but hey its better to annoy everyone and start a new one. I am trying to make some era levels, I have the tileset image, I need the NPC code, the file name is: era_tileset-summer-online.png. If someone could help me with this, thanks.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDoT View Post
Hate to bump this old thread, but hey its better to annoy everyone and start a new one. I am trying to make some era levels, I have the tileset image, I need the NPC code, the file name is: era_tileset-summer-online.png. If someone could help me with this, thanks.
PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
if (created) {

removetiledefs;

addtiledef era_tileset-summer-online.png,,1;

You could also download Era's development kit from the server, it includes the tileset code along with the offline tileset. It's useful if you're planning on making levels for the PC or iPhone version of Era

Good luck!

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 08-14-2012, 12:58 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The online version of Era's tileset probably won't work. Do as Alfonso said and download the development kit; I recently updated it.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
To Elaborate on the syntax:

To remove all tile def's for current server and/or offline:
PHP Code:
  removetiledefs
To Add:
PHP Code:
  addtiledef TILESET,LEVEL PREFIX,TYPE
Tileset this is the tileset image.

Level Prefix starting prefix for the level. EX: mylevel_anything.nw, where "mylevel" is the prefix.

Type I believe this should be set as 0 by default, 1 if you are using tileset similar to how ERA is layed out.