¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Amazing!!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Hollow
Myomoto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myomoto Send a message via MSN to Myomoto
Looks really cool, how is it going to work for clothing, though?
Do you have to buy new clothes every time you want to change the color of a part of your outfit then?
Or do you buy a cloth item and then just change the colors of it like you want?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myomoto View Post
Looks really cool, how is it going to work for clothing, though?
Do you have to buy new clothes every time you want to change the color of a part of your outfit then?
Or do you buy a cloth item and then just change the colors of it like you want?
Each article of clothing has it's own color. Yes you have to obtain the clothes that you wear. I think doing this will be good for player to player trading and also make it so you can't just look however you want the moment you log in the server. It creates value for your appearance so that looking like you want to look actually holds some importance instead of. "I set my body to x # and colors to blah blah blah"

This will also prevent people from easily copying other people's looks.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Hollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
Each article of clothing has it's own color. Yes you have to obtain the clothes that you wear. I think doing this will be good for player to player trading and also make it so you can't just look however you want the moment you log in the server. It creates value for your appearance so that looking like you want to look actually holds some importance instead of. "I set my body to x # and colors to blah blah blah"

It makes more sense and value, I'll give you that.
You were just gonna have 64 fixed colors, or would it be possible to actually mix your own colors as a player? The latter would create quite a fuss at least considering trading, because you might be collecting clothes of a specific color, but you couldn't find clothes that matched each other in color because a few would be 'off' by a few scores in their RGB code.

If you're 'just' gonna have 64 colors, then it's no problem I guess

Edit: One more thing, are long sleeved shirts that cover the entire torso going to be segmented into sleeves and chest/torso in regards of color, or do your current system don't support mixing two different colors on one sprite?

For example, your own char featured in the picture, he's wearing a long sleeved orange shirt and a black vest, right? Not just one clothing article?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:

Have you checked your PM's lately? I have a question for you

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Old Bee
Right 64 colors as of now... If a unique enough color comes around then it can be added as a new color set.

The character in my signature is wearing a red tunic and a black sleeveless coat. There will be some clothing items that have more than one color, but it's mostly going to be one color per item... Since having like... a striped shirt of two colors would mean there would need to be like... 256 different color variations for just one single striped shirt... and that's WITHOUT different shades.

Each clothing item is treated like an individual item and piece of clothing on the character. These are the following clothing items possible. You can wear one of each of these:

Back Accessory
Belt
Coat
Ear Accessory
Face Acessory
Gloves
Hat
Neck Accessory
Shoes
Tunic (tunic is the clothing worn beneath the coat. This will also be the attribute slot for things such as pants/shorts)

There's also Shields which are both a visible accessory and useable object. They fall in the same category as swords.

Aside from those attributes, you can also change your skin color from eight different colors (so far), your hair style/color, your face/eye style and color, and also a face attribute such as a tattoo, scar, bruise... or whatever... which is actually on the face and not an item.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
sweat sweat
Old 02-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
What about making vials of dye available? could be possible to make a job out of it too.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Hollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
What about making vials of dye available? could be possible to make a job out of it too.
Yea, I was thinking of some large coloring shop with pots filled with dye all over the place, which you could then throw your clothes in, the darker the color, the longer they'd have to soak :P

Anyways, the amount char of customization sounds really sweet
Old 02-15-2007, 02:39 AM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
nice hair styles, keep up the good work . cant wait to play
Old 02-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Social Engineer
Personal Jesus is on a distinguished road
Head 26 hair?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myomoto View Post
Yea, I was thinking of some large coloring shop with pots filled with dye all over the place, which you could then throw your clothes in, the darker the color, the longer they'd have to soak :P

Anyways, the amount char of customization sounds really sweet
It's an interesting idea, but would kind of take away from having to hunt down the exact color clothing you're looking for. Also how exactly would the dying work? Could you dye any shirt any other color? Would there be a specific "colorless" set of clothing which you could dye? Could you only dye lighter colored shirts to a darker same color? I'd need more of an explanation of this idea before I could think about implementing it... =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal Jesus View Post
Head 26 hair?
I'd love to add it but right now there is the problem of the big red hair band thing that throws in the "two sets of color" problem. I can either:

a) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and leave the hairband red... or
b) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and adjust the hairband color/shade to compliment the hair color/shade... or
c) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and the hairband in all of the colors/shades as well... resulting in thousands of variations for one hairstyle... or
d) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and the hairband in all of the colors but only the normal color shade so it would be 3x less stuff to be made.

I'm thinking option d is the best bet... But still that would be like a set of multicolored hair for each color... meaning like 15-16 sets of the same hair.

As for possibly making the hairband into an item of some sort... that might be possible... but then I'd have to make a special hairband graphic for each hairstyle, and it would take away an attribute... meaning you might not be able to wear a hat or face accessory.

So I'm thinking something like option b or d.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Follower of Ultros
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's an interesting idea, but would kind of take away from having to hunt down the exact color clothing you're looking for. Also how exactly would the dying work? Could you dye any shirt any other color? Would there be a specific "colorless" set of clothing which you could dye? Could you only dye lighter colored shirts to a darker same color? I'd need more of an explanation of this idea before I could think about implementing it... =p

I'd love to add it but right now there is the problem of the big red hair band thing that throws in the "two sets of color" problem. I can either:

a) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and leave the hairband red... or
b) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and adjust the hairband color/shade to compliment the hair color/shade... or
c) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and the hairband in all of the colors/shades as well... resulting in thousands of variations for one hairstyle... or
d) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and the hairband in all of the colors but only the normal color shade so it would be 3x less stuff to be made.

I'm thinking option d is the best bet... But still that would be like a set of multicolored hair for each color... meaning like 15-16 sets of the same hair.

As for possibly making the hairband into an item of some sort... that might be possible... but then I'd have to make a special hairband graphic for each hairstyle, and it would take away an attribute... meaning you might not be able to wear a hat or face accessory.

So I'm thinking something like option b or d.
Just make the headband the basic colors. No variations, just yellow, blue, red, green, black, white, orange, purple, and pink.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:37 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
b) Add the hairstyle in all of the colors/shades and adjust the hairband color/shade to compliment the hair color/shade...
i like this one
Old 02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
sweat sweat
Don't drip everywhere

Nice addition koni.