Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If I ever ran a server I'd probably log all chat and have it for reference in case anyone ever claimed someone had been harassing them or such.
I kept a clientside array of the last 5 chats, and then if swearing was detected, would send the last 5, and the next 5 after the swearing.

Did not report to RC though, would be far too much spam.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
and so did Zodiac
Things have changed...my filter just said like, "maybe you shouldn't use <insert bad word>" when you tried to type it. It was a quick and temporary solution to widespread racism that actually lasted a while. Doubt it's there now.

My last method involved being able to add a filter to abusive players. Basically, you were free to say whatever unless you've been found to be extremely harassing/abusive in which case you got this wicked filter added. It didn't let you say much and it had an auto-timer to it.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Hey, that sounds good, Twinny. I'd probably add it, however, so that anyone who harasses/breaks the rules with language gets muted. Not being allowed to chat at all for so much time.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
In regard to that "they're just words" post:
I think racism is worse than foul language. Foul language can be used to a point where people don't find it detrimental or aimed at their race or background, and it tends to just fizzle out of peoples interest. On the other hand, racism targets those points, and is highly unacceptable when the words being used are meant to single out a person, or persons, in particular, and should definitely be filtered. As far as I'm concerned, racism should be filtered, no questions, but a filter for swear words should be up to a playerworld to take action on. Even here, on the forums, while the words '****' (F word) and '****' (C word for vagina) are censored, the words 'pissed' and 'ass / arse' aren't, which is acceptable in my opinion, while all racism is censored.

The problem with filters on a server is that with the number pad and symbols, aside from the letters making up the filtered word, there's always going to be ways to imply/replicate the word originally censored. I could put a word as simple as "duck" and given that it fit in with a conversation I was having, it would be obvious I meant the F word, and no one is about to censor the word 'duck'.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Aimee + PWA = bad idea, possibly.
I've seen her corrupt her powers just as a GP, I've seen her get staff on Zodiac and UN add tons of items to her, seen her harass her 'friends'.

I can only imagine what should would do with the power she's gotten her friends corrupt for her...
Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
The only issue I've had with Aimee involved those pm message codes in UN when they were just realized by the general public. I used a few and was jailed. Apparently it was the easiest solution as message codes confused the poor UNers . I figured it was the easiest and she never actually sought a method to resolve the problem that didn't result in screwing people over.

Soon as Nas got on, I got out and was able to 'fix' the problem in 3 seconds and was promptly released with apologies. Now when you try to use message codes on UN, you get the message saying they are not allowed! Inbuilt chat filter! Simple! Lack of discussion with her peers

Other than that, I haven't heard any real bad things about Aimee.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Hello, it's me.
Aimee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
I've seen her corrupt her powers just as a GP, I've seen her get staff on Zodiac and UN add tons of items to her, seen her harass her 'friends'.

I can only imagine what should would do with the power she's gotten her friends corrupt for her...
Right, so let me get this straight.. I'm corrupt, and i've had items added to me on Zodiac and UN? Prove this and i'll give you a pat on the back. I don't re-call being corrupt at any stage. I don't re-call getting others to add items to be on Zodiac or UN. I however, will admit to having items given to me - However, they were not asked for, and the majority of them were for testing if I can remember correctly. If you have heard any of this from someone else, then perhaps you should re-think your 'sufficent' resources. They don't seem to know what they're talking about. All I can say is that I have not ever been corrupt, harrassed anyone or forced anyone to give me anything. It's basically my word against yours.

I have never harrassed any of my friends, I value my friends greatly. Nor would I ever think twice about becoming corrupt at all, I value this game very much and would hate to jepopardise any of my chances of being successful and succeeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
The only issue I've had with Aimee involved those pm message codes in UN when they were just realized by the general public. I used a few and was jailed. Apparently it was the easiest solution as message codes confused the poor UNers . I figured it was the easiest and she never actually sought a method to resolve the problem that didn't result in screwing people over.

Soon as Nas got on, I got out and was able to 'fix' the problem in 3 seconds and was promptly released with apologies. Now when you try to use message codes on UN, you get the message saying they are not allowed! Inbuilt chat filter! Simple! Lack of discussion with her peers

Other than that, I haven't heard any real bad things about Aimee.
Twinny, I do apologise - I take full responsibility for that. I'm not sure if I have apologised to you about this before, so I will take the time to do so now. Sorry.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned
Banditz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post

Yeah thats why some servers offerd her a job... And yeah give proof or dont post whats not ture.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
No, of course you have never abused.

No one ever thinks they themselves are corrupt ...
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'm terribly corrupt.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
No, of course you have never abused.

No one ever thinks they themselves are corrupt ...
Except she doesn't.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I don't know Aimee, though the only thing I could possibly say is I don't like your grammar and spelling! Recall is a word without the dash, and jepopardise is spelled jeopardize. The same goes for apologised, which is spelled apologized. I may have missed some, only read that last post.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Spelling and grammar should have nothing to do with getting this job.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:36 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I know, I was just stating those.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:18 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Spelling and grammar should have nothing to do with getting this job.
You'd think that ...

However, if you make mistakes on a real application, they just throw your application away.

It's best to put as much effort into an application as possible to show how interested you are. To me it sounds like English may not be her first language, if that's the case, that's totally different.