Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
-"Full screen resolution" option in F3 doesn't save your choice anymore. Other F3 options seem to change and retain fine.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 01-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
  • When moving (on all defined movement controls) if you Alt and Tab out of the window your character won't stop moving in the direction you were heading in. Much like the Ctrl/Alt bug I mentioned earlier with IJKL movement.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Something like this should only open for Staff imo.
I sometimes use it to copy/paste the level name I'm in... though such a thing could probably be better implemented by servers themselves as staff tools than a window that is pretty much otherwise useless.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
On the note of character's not being read properly, I notice this in the Game Messages & Engine Log:

Quote:
Couldn't open C:Windowsfonts empsitc.ttf for writing!
File download: head983.gif (size: 3978) done
File download: microsoft sans serif.ttf not found
File download: idle.gani (size: 7988) done
File download: segoe uibd.ttf not found
File download: segoe ui.ttf not found
File download: tempsitcbd.ttf not found
File download: ariali.ttf not found
File download: arialit.ttf not found
Notice the first entry, it doesn't have any backslashes, so it's not finding the path to the fonts folder by the looks of it.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Playerlist:
  • When a member of staff sends out a mass message on tag, their PM bubble is just blue like a regular mass. Only the bubble that is on the top of the playerlist tab displays red.
  • When a player or member of staff sends a message/guild message, their heads are hidden when the bubble 'animation' is playing. Shouldn't their heads show when the PM bubble isn't flashing, instead of it just being blank?
  • Players who you select to PM go to the top of the list of players and it doesn't seem right.
I'll try to fix these soon. The second one is actually a problem stefan may have to fix with the "flickering" boolean.

Quote:
  • There is a pretty large delay (a good 30 seconds) in the playerlist displaying guild tags once set. This also applies for moving the person into the guild tab, and for those who are unsetting their tags.
  • People who have removed their guild tags still remain in the guild list.
Alright, I have improved the time it takes to update but it should never have been 30 seconds, the timer was on 2 seconds. Perhaps you mean that the playerlist wasn't updating but that's a bug that's already on the main page (guitextlistctrls not updating).

Quote:
Profiles:
  • Profile labels are being cut because of the input boxes.
  • The "Favorite Quote" part of the profile isn't wrapping.
Are you sure you're using the profile system from "Login 2"? I remember fixing both of those things.

Make sure you're using the profile and playerlist system from Login 2.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 01-09-2010 at 06:54 AM..
Old 01-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Forum Moderator
Hmm, not sure if this is fixed with your login2 stuff or not, Tig. I've mostly been using the login2, but just noticed one thing without them:

-F2 messages (sendRPGMessage(); ) do not update unless the F2 window is already open. Noticed this while levelling on GK and using /skills
Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Hmm, not sure if this is fixed with your login2 stuff or not, Tig. I've mostly been using the login2, but just noticed one thing without them:

-F2 messages (sendRPGMessage(); ) do not update unless the F2 window is already open. Noticed this while levelling on GK and using /skills
Yes, I've noticed that too, I think the problem with that is that it's not logging messages unless you open it at least once (then you can close it again and experience no problems). Maybe I can get that fixed.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:12 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Playerlist:
  • When a member of staff sends out a mass message on tag, their PM bubble is just blue like a regular mass. Only the bubble that is on the top of the playerlist tab displays red.
  • Players who you select to PM go to the top of the list of players and it doesn't seem right.
These are fixed now (on Login 2 only).

Old 01-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Forum Moderator
I noticed something on GK with the boats where the script is trying to update the players location in relation to the boat but it doesn't seem to be working in v6. Perhaps there's a slight downfall in support for this. As with 90% of my bug reports, here's a short video to show you the bug in action:

As usual, if you get An error occurred. Please try again later, check back again after 5 or so minutes. The video may not be "Live" yet.
Also, sorry about the MSN and Trillian sounds in the background!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
All I see is the captain wanting his booty. Yes, I really just did that.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Something like this should only open for Staff imo.
i disagree, it can be used by players to report bugs on a level and other stuffs.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
+ Login privileged scripts can't seem to read from the main graal folder anymore but they can write to the main graal folder.
That is not new and not a bug. Scripts are not meant to be able to read from the root Graal folder.

Quote:
+ There is also no task bar icon, it's just a blank 16x16 open spot: Attachment 50173
~ Reminder: Don't forget to pack the icons!
Delete your FILENAMECACHE.txt.

Quote:
+ When you drag external windows across the screen, it quits drawing the main Graal window. It would be nice if it continued to update other windows instead of doing this while you're dragging a window (Note: winXP and lower only): ...
That is Windows-specific, Windows is freezing the process. The only way to solve that would be to create another process for the player list, but that would be too complex and not really worth the effort. So it is not planned to add that anytime soon. In newer generations of Windows it is fixed.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
[*]The default "font height" on both the Graal 5 and Graal 6 clients is "24" but there is a notable difference in size. In addition to this, the text in the Graal 6 client isn't in bold like the other previous versions. [Graal 5] [Graal 6]
The font rendering has been changed, but that particialy problems seems to be more that specific font. Tempus Sans somehow displays different, will check sometime if that can be improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
-Trying to edit in Client RC causes the client to not respond, and inevitably crash once you click a script to edit.
Sounds similar to a problem we had on Mac before. It would be good if someone could reproduce the error and check if it has to do with the recreation of the RC window - connecting to a different server and then opening the RC again or so.

About F5: it's now a scripted window (-Serverlist_LoadLevel) and can be improved to display more stuff or so. It's meant as quick way to see the current position and can sometimes be helpful.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
About F5: it's now a scripted window (-Serverlist_LoadLevel) and can be improved to display more stuff or so. It's meant as quick way to see the current position and can sometimes be helpful.
The scripted F5 window always bugged me. Way too large for the tiny information it displays.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Are you sure you're using the profile system from "Login 2"? I remember fixing both of those things.

Make sure you're using the profile and playerlist system from Login 2.
Yeah, I was using the login1 playerlist because I didn't see the updated opening post, so forget the profile errors. Here are some bugs on this one though:
  • The ability to see your buddies/guild members online that aren't on the same server seems to be absent, but it does work in the login1 playerlist.
    Update: I see the option is unchecked in my playerlist options, but I can't seem to check it? Along with other options.
  • The guild tab (second along) doesn't display people online and on tag that are in the guilds once you've expanded them, even when refreshing. One person showed when I didn't have their guild expanded, and another was always there but at the bottom of the list when I hadn't expanded any guilds.
  • When you open up the server tab (third one along) and expand some servers, the players don't appear under the server that they're from, they just list at the bottom.
  • If I scroll to the bottom of both the guild and the server lists (using page down or arrow keys) it will open a PM for the last person on it.

BTW..

Quote:
+ When you drag external windows across the screen, it quits drawing the main Graal window. It would be nice if it continued to update other windows instead of doing this while you're dragging a window (Note: winXP and lower only)
This also happened to me when I first started playing with the client (told Skyld) but I can't replicate it anymore. I'm on Windows 7.

Last edited by Rufus; 01-09-2010 at 08:59 PM..

Tags
graal v6, windows