Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 AM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Exclamation GK's Monthly Prize System

Okay, I started this thread only because of I've noticed that GK's Monthly Prize System has not been as successful and effective as it was when it was first brought into the economy. I do believe as of now that it is meaningless to continue on with this prize system. I've been online most of this month and have participated every event the EM has hosted. The Em's struggle significantly to get 5 people to every event they host... It's been horrible this whole month even today the Event's Master gave 1 Event Coin to each player who joined? Is GK honestly that desperate? Stephen and Tig both want to get rid of Ec and now it's 1 Ec to just join the event? Most of the time the events are being cancelled because we don't really have 5 people on GK they're just idlers. GK has only 2 real events that 4-5 people will really join and those events are: Musical Chairs and Lucky Altars, Obviously the luck based events. I honestly ask the EM who hosts twice a day If he will host a spar, keep alive, bow spar etc. The reply I get every time Is ''No, You'll win only trials are participating'' So does that mean I'm wasting real life money for nothing? Or is this Monthly Prize System specifically only for trials? Does gold get no benefits? That's what it's been like the past 3 weeks... Everyday I log in both times of the events 2100-2200 and 0000-01000 I wait patiently for an event to be hosted but as I said before (MOST OF THE TIME THE EVENTS ARE CANCELLED) so I'm also wasting my time when really they're cancelled. What I'm saying is there's absolutely no point in continuing on with this system. If we happen to really continue this system it will really be one-sided.

Anyway if you have any thoughts or comments please feel free to share them.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Not big enough playerbase to support it.

Lack of variation when it comes to actual events and an outdated ec shop gives no incentive to play.

I honestly don't think any content updates could possibly bring players back to GK.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.

Last edited by Stephen; 08-14-2012 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: vulgarity is not necessary
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
We are currently working on few updates and hopefully will release them soon.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM
The Nuke
Nuke_for_you will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
I honestly don't think any content updates could possibly bring players back to GK. But it seems to be a good place for the Vimes crew to idle and tug their meat so whatevs
stop making me sad D:
Old 08-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
The way I see it content like events/new areas/whatever isn't really the issue at this point. Most players who are active today have been playing on and off for at least a few years. With the recent updates (past 2 years ish) the power creep of gear level and exp level has been ridiculous.

GK doesn't have much besides the crazy exp curve and stat/gear maxing. The exp power creep started when easter maps were released and continued when Xmas dungeon was released. Both were obviously unbalanced in terms of exp gain.

Gear power creep has been going on since german kru were mobbin it up but it skyrocketed last christmas and easter. Since stats are soft capped at 30 and hard capped at 33~ any gear piece that 1-ups the last one will make 30 30 30 more realistically attainable. Since xmas and easter 1 upped or introduced pieces with equal stats to previously rare items it caused an influx of players with capped or close to capped melee and caster stats.

What happens when people beat the only form of end-game the server has to offer? People get bored. Then they leave.

Making higher end leveling and gearing too easy effectively cut a good year or two off GK's lifespan (inb4 hurr graal pc will die sooner dan dat bro).

My opinion brody. Agree or disagree idgaf. Posted from my commodore64 so i didnt proof read
Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
rawr
Vartas has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeh, Dripz is right i also pay for this game so i would like to get something from it and what i get?
srsly nothing...
Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
The way I see it content like events/new areas/whatever isn't really the issue at this point. Most players who are active today have been playing on and off for at least a few years. With the recent updates (past 2 years ish) the power creep of gear level and exp level has been ridiculous.

GK doesn't have much besides the crazy exp curve and stat/gear maxing. The exp power creep started when easter maps were released and continued when Xmas dungeon was released. Both were obviously unbalanced in terms of exp gain.

Gear power creep has been going on since german kru were mobbin it up but it skyrocketed last christmas and easter. Since stats are soft capped at 30 and hard capped at 33~ any gear piece that 1-ups the last one will make 30 30 30 more realistically attainable. Since xmas and easter 1 upped or introduced pieces with equal stats to previously rare items it caused an influx of players with capped or close to capped melee and caster stats.

What happens when people beat the only form of end-game the server has to offer? People get bored. Then they leave.

Making higher end leveling and gearing too easy effectively cut a good year or two off GK's lifespan (inb4 hurr graal pc will die sooner dan dat bro).

My opinion brody. Agree or disagree idgaf. Posted from my commodore64 so i didnt proof read
Yeap. I'm still not really sure how to approach the ceiling of the game.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Shmoo
upsilon is on a distinguished road
I agree with all of it. I don't think any sort of event improvements are going to effect player count or overall quality of play in a significant way. It takes about a month of hardcore play to effectively reach end game now-a-days. The incentive to keep grinding away at anything (dungeons, alchemy, what have you) beyond this are minimal. If you don't enjoy bsing in trade, or casual play, you're done for until some new holiday content comes around.

If there was some constant incentive to engage in pvp, (like some on going kingdom conflict, or something) maybe this would be a little different. But as it is, no such incentive exists. People gear for pvp, but there is no good reason to go outside and get your butt kicked/kick butt.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Removing the hard stat cap (30) and changing the way stats scale. Probably not possible with the lib stuff but it would be neat. If stats scaled more linearly it'd be in a much better place imo. Also the speed stat is way overpowered to put on all these random ass items. They should be tradeoffs for other stats n not freebies on every xmas/easter item... Would be interesting if speed was removed from every piece but boots... People rockin 6.0+ speed and capped stats are beyond op

Leveling is a minor issue compared to the gear situation but that's also something that would have been neat to tinker with. Levels similar to Era's mining level (not sure if they still use this).. Levels that aren't tied to your base level but more like something to do alongside normal leveling. Grinds that give your character very minor boosts to either combat or crafting. People love to customize their characters even when it's arbitrary **** like that.

Also stuff like clothes, masks and haircuts awarded for reaching higher levels. Visual effects and +1 hp all these nerds go nuts 4 dem e-boosts
Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Not big enough playerbase to support it.

Lack of variation when it comes to actual events and an outdated ec shop gives no incentive to play.

I honestly don't think any content updates could possibly bring players back to GK.
You're right but the staff has been planning to release the new Ec shop although there has been constant delays.

Anything is possible maybe once GK IPhone releases it might attract players to GK pc, or maybe even upcoming updates as Nico was saying
Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Removing the hard stat cap (30) and changing the way stats scale. Probably not possible with the lib stuff but it would be neat. If stats scaled more linearly it'd be in a much better place imo. Also the speed stat is way overpowered to put on all these random ass items. They should be tradeoffs for other stats n not freebies on every xmas/easter item... Would be interesting if speed was removed from every piece but boots... People rockin 6.0+ speed and capped stats are beyond op

Leveling is a minor issue compared to the gear situation but that's also something that would have been neat to tinker with. Levels similar to Era's mining level (not sure if they still use this).. Levels that aren't tied to your base level but more like something to do alongside normal leveling. Grinds that give your character very minor boosts to either combat or crafting. People love to customize their characters even when it's arbitrary **** like that.

Also stuff like clothes, masks and haircuts awarded for reaching higher levels. Visual effects and +1 hp all these nerds go nuts 4 dem e-boosts
For all intensive purposes, it's safe to assume stats and maxes cannot be changed. That would all require Stefan open up the lib which is currently proprietary C++
Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:

You're honestly right the new Easter and Christmas items are far to overpowered The exp for both holidays have been outrageous. Though in general there's just nothing to do that catches the players attention any more. However when the new monthly prize system was first brought into the economy it had a lot of people motivated and intrested after 2 months the player count just went back downhill. Personally I believe that just every month is just far to much most people cannot get on twice for 2 hours everyday. I'm almost sure a great percentage of people would rather bi-weekly or monthly events instead of this prize system.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

I do appreciate the work time and effort that you staff have put into GK to try and bring it's player count back up.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
I still do appreciate the work time and effort you staff have put to bring GK back.
Yes, in my opinion the XMas Dungeons and Easter Dungeons have to go. So people do crypts again and go leveling in the samurai dungeons. It was much more fun when you had to fight for a leveling spot when all the spots were blocked already.

But yeah, the Items are way to overpowered. The Green Easter shield for example has almost the same stats then an ASoD, and is like 10ec, whcih is ridicilous..

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Yes, in my opinion the XMas Dungeons and Easter Dungeons have to go. So people do crypts again and go leveling in the samurai dungeons. It was much more fun when you had to fight for a leveling spot when all the spots were blocked already.

But yeah, the Items are way to overpowered. The Green Easter shield for example has almost the same stats then an ASoD, and is like 10ec, whcih is ridicilous..
Those item designers bro. So gud. they done 10x more than any other item designer..

I don't think removing content is the right way to go though honestly. Balancing the content is a much better alternative. People don't want to be forced into vanirs because the better alternatives were closed off. I'd rather see the different instances balanced around currency drops and pretty equal exp. Vanir essences used to craft certain items? (Not the ridic HEY 4000 VANIR ESSECNE FOR THIS SUB PAR CASTER CHEST @EC SHOP) More like a few vanir essences (or any variation of currency), and a few other new currency items? Eggs from easter dungeon, whatever from xmas dungeon (pls not xmas tokens..). Make people explore all sorts of dungeons in order to craft whatev they need.

Currency items 4 account bound too..
Quote:
Closed Thread