Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #106  
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
MiniOne MiniOne is offline
SomeOne
MiniOne's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,145
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Though I disagree with the ideal candidate part, I could agree that it may be hard balancing all the responsibilities.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
The pistols look like they have cancer, reduce the big buboe shaped thing's size.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
pooper200000 pooper200000 is offline
The Blackswan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Asylum
Posts: 5,060
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
In response to the abbreviations rule, it was because of multiple instances of it being abused. It wasn't just words like QFT, much like Frankie said. There were a lot of abbreviations being used at the time, and some people were even taking those abbreviations (Such as QFT) as harassment because they thought it was a personal attack on them because of the differing definitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Yeah, but have you actually listened to these problems? Apparently not (from what I'm reading). Listening is a good skill to have for this job, you know...
Yes, I've listened to the problems and I've addressed them. These are things I'm taking into consideration that I'm going to work on since these seem to be problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
I'm sure they would have to read it if it was pasted in front of their faces every minute they're in game. Willfully? Doubtful.
When you login, you will see the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Your arrogance is silly. Good writers make mistakes. Bad writers refuse to see these mistakes.
So we all make mistakes?

I am not being arrogant. I am saying that I won't mess up because I care about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - if your side was correct then would most of the people in this thread be arguing with you? "You're wrong because I'm right" isn't going to cut it. You have to present reason. Assuming that the everyone else in here is stupid isn't helping
I'm not assuming everyone else here is stupid. Only you seem to think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Read what I said above. Think really hard. Repeat, if necessary
This is a forum. People are going to say what they want irregardless of wether or not they like you
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - People will say what they want, but they read this thread. Those same people will most likely read the news.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
This is a forum. If threads on here have any considerable amount of activity to them people are going to flock to them like moths to a lamp. The majority of posts that I'm seeing here are replies to your arguments. If you've been here for a while you'd know that this is nothing special in this forum.
You're not really listening to what I'm saying anyways so I'll make this short- Why am I going to read your news if I don't like you? Simple: I'm not going to read your news if I don't trust you. Slander, bias, sources, etc. Can I take your word? Prove to me that I can trust you when you've proven to be two-faced.
I have been here for a while. This thread has had considerable of activity.
The majority of the posts are responses to my explanations.

You can take my word. Lets look at my moderation comments. I've said that if you have a problem with what I'm doing to forum PM me. I replied to their comments when they made them. I haven't gone on for days as I'm sure some of them would have liked, but I follow through with my word and commitments. Try looking at the Zone staff who have posted. They know I'm reliable and consistent and if I say I'm going to do something, I do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
If your to do a good job reporting news then you have to be able to get staff to fully cooperate and be willing to help you get the story.
Therefore you have to BE LIKED. Its got everything to do with doing the job properly. You cant force news out of people if they dont want to help you.
You don't have to be liked to do the job. It helps, but you don't have to be liked. You do have to get staff to cooperate and be willing to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
It would seem that your role now is more then enough for you.
My role right now isn't more than enough for me otherwise I wouldn't have applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
Right but therefore he is not the ideal candidate for the position. Particularly if others are going to have an easier time doing it (not to mention his other responsibilities).
Others might have an easier time gathering news, but they may not have as much success in writing the news. My other responsibilities only help me by giving me continued experience to allow me to improve in the news administrator position.
__________________
Always Watching!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Ravenblade1979 Ravenblade1979 is offline
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 3,151
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
@SN: I wasn't just talking about your directed negativity at me or Dan. There was some towards jesse too.

Otherwise SN actually is responsible in his duties on zone and does do them well and I have had no problem with him as a moderator. Although me and him have a semi-dislike relationship he would still do a good job.
__________________
If love can be funny then why can it write bad jokes?
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:01 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
The news does depend who is writing it. Some people have different perspectives, and some news may be more interesting because of the writer's style. The person's name does not matter.
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.

If you get the job, all you're meant to do is condense a server's news down to a paragraph and take a screenshot, because most people aren't going to give more than a passing glance before double-clicking the server they play on. If UN gets a new spar arena, you say that UN got a new spar arena. The importance of originality is little to none, and it's a huge waste of time.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.

If you get the job, all you're meant to do is condense a server's news down to a paragraph and take a screenshot, because most people aren't going to give more than a passing glance before double-clicking the server they play on. If UN gets a new spar arena, you say that UN got a new spar arena. The importance of originality is little to none, and it's a huge waste of time.
News needs to be entertaining and informative though, especially on a game. I agree it needs some level of consistency however.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
News needs to be entertaining and informative though, especially on a game. I agree it needs some level of consistency however.
The news appearing on the Login server needs to be short and concise. Originality and entertainment are best saved for reviews and advertisements. If this application is any indication of what's to be expected for news articles, then I think that it's a huge waste of time.

News articles are best kept like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://graal.net/index.php/News#February
Unholy Nation: CS



Unholy Nation is in the middle of a long-term developmental projects. We're going to be releasing some small term activities for the players to interact with while it's being worked on. Come on and check them out:


  • We'll be hosting a level competition that will go hand-in-hand with the "re-stock" of the hat shop. Come around to get details.
  • "CS" - CS is an old gun game customized to UN is brought back with new levels, arenas and style of game play. Check it out north of Town Center in the Auction house's old building
  • Swear filter is now toggle-able. It was a controversial subject, and if you don't mind seeing the swears you can toggle it on or off accordingly.
  • Seaport is the long term dev project that was never finished. We plan on finishing it soon for release, it will incorporate a new quest for you all to play though. We're going to take a different approach, however.
Though, considering I don't ever read the news on Graal, my opinion may be skewed.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
The news appearing on the Login server needs to be short and concise. Originality and entertainment are best saved for reviews and advertisements. If this application is any indication of what's to be expected for news articles, then I think that it's a huge waste of time.

News articles are best kept like this:



Though, considering I don't ever read the news on Graal, my opinion may be skewed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
The news appearing on the Login server needs to be short and concise. Originality and entertainment are best saved for reviews and advertisements. If this application is any indication of what's to be expected for news articles, then I think that it's a huge waste of time.

Then news need to be appealing and almost artistic. The point of the news is to draw attention to the server. A bland, cut and paste overview of some update isn't going to draw in crowds.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Then news need to be appealing and almost artistic. The point of the news is to draw attention to the server. A bland, cut and paste overview of some update isn't going to draw in crowds.
News on a client that you have download isn't going to draw in crowds, either. Instead of focusing on news, why not focus on reviews, advertisements, testimonials, etc?
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-15-2009, 07:00 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
News on a client that you have download isn't going to draw in crowds, either. Instead of focusing on news, why not focus on reviews, advertisements, testimonials, etc?
While I could baselessly point out that that's probably what the News position is going to dribble down too, I'm going to go back to your post, which you quoted from the news: That was an advertisement.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
While I could baselessly point out that that's probably what the News position is going to dribble down too, I'm going to go back to your post, which you quoted from the news: That was an advertisement.
It's not what it should 'dribble down' to. I watch CNN Morning for the news, and I watch Countdown with Keith Olberman for the commentary. It's best if the two are separated.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
It's not what it should 'dribble down' to. I watch CNN Morning for the news, and I watch Countdown with Keith Olberman for the commentary. It's best if the two are separated.
Do you really think Graal's news will be comparable with CNN?
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-15-2009, 07:59 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Do you really think Graal's news will be comparable with CNN?
I'm not going through this whole analogy argument again.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Then quit using analogies that don't fit in with the situation.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
James James is offline
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,132
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Epic fail. Your posts make me feel like I'm retarded.
__________________

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS


“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player




Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.