Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
You dont have an NAT? o____o

If you're that desperate, i'll help. Good lord, even I can script better than that and i've been in teaching for about a week..

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeiphon
Also, the bow always shoots upwards, you can warp into trees, and I have around 100k gralat from manipulating a weapon shop bug.
This 'bug' (the weapons shop one) turned out to be a corrupt staff member I beleive, and happened quite a while ago. However, I am checking logs, as it seems Raeiphon was jailed for "cheating" once, and later unjailed, by the same GP (it was before i made the auto un-jail feature) anyway, I have a hard time trusting you about her (who has never cheated/lied before) when you lied about the 'bugs'. Anyway, I'm checking all logs, and I will get to the bottom of this. Don't try to lie like that.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:43 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
If you read my PM, it explains what the bug was. And the 'cheating' ban was for overlapping boundries (which were non existant) in that jetski race thing. Tsurace i think it was. Some other dude got jailed along with me.

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:20 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Also, to know what state the server is in, you would have to play it, which Codein, I have not seen you do.
I've played it, for a short while. Personally, I steer clear from monstrosities.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein
I've played it, for a short while. Personally, I steer clear from monstrosities.
Whatever, if you don't like it fine, but this thread was meant for news on DR, and as usual, it turned out with some people voicing their bias oppinions, with little to no facts to back them up. If you have a problem with DR, and you don't like it for some reason, do the mature thing, and forum PM me your complaints. However, if your complaints have no backing, please refrain from putting them in the forums, or PMing me your crap. Thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 08:05 PM
jwd
Oh, okay. From your previous posts, I've been able to rack up that you don't use GS2. That's one reason. Change whilst you're ahead.

Number two, the levels are horrible. Anyone can see, provide a screenshot.

Number 3, your graphics are horrible. Same again, provide a screenshot so people can laugh.

In other words:
Your playerworld sucks. People have told you countless times practice, and you are getting better, but your attitude is getting worse. Why would anyone even want a business on Dark Rival? No one. The storlines are cliché aswell, which disables your server from sexual arousal.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned
Quote:
Oh, okay. From your previous posts, I've been able to rack up that you don't use GS2. That's one reason. Change whilst you're ahead.
Servers always ran on GS1 in the past, it's a good engine, it has it's flaws, but you can work around them, we will be making the swotch to GS2 though
Quote:
Number two, the levels are horrible. Anyone can see, provide a screenshot.
Actually, they are improving, and look quite nice, giving people the ability to easily move around, yet still look unique. However, I wil agree, some levels still need work
Quote:
Number 3, your graphics are horrible. Same again, provide a screenshot so people can laugh.
We have plenty of origional, and nice GFX, however, once again, we are making more
Quote:
In other words:
Your playerworld sucks. People have told you countless times practice, and you are getting better, but your attitude is getting worse.
Yes we are getting better, and thats why this thread was made, to show it's improvement over time. and my attitude? Well, I'm changing stuf aren't I? If my attitude is getting worse, it's from stupid little kids like you, complaining about a server because you for some odd reason, find it's very existance annoying,(which, like racism, normally comes from fear...) It's improving, it's gonna be big, and I'm not quitting, get over it.
Quote:
Why would anyone even want a business on Dark Rival? No one.
Because other servers don't allow it as much, and DR has a more realistic system for it, making DR have a more realistic feal, and allowing players to become more involved.
Quote:
The storlines are cliché aswell, which disables your server from sexual arousal.
First off, you shouldn't be getting sexualy aroused over a game, no matter what it is, and secondly, it is a VERY origional storyline, as you sill see if you PLAY the game, and it's prequel and sequel (not finished yetm however the foundation is set for they're creation). It will become more of a server than before, and allow players more choice in how they will play the game, how they will make money, when they will do certain quests (because there are different staratagies for it). DR's groing, and there's nothing you can say that would make me stop making it. So your best bet would be constructive critisisms, because your brand of critisism will get you no where, as well as your brand of logic.
And more on topit: We have a new business that sells new rare weapons, there is a limited supply, so you will have to buy them from other players if the store gets sold out. (All business that sell items will be like this)

Last edited by excaliber7388; 01-15-2006 at 12:31 AM..
Old 01-15-2006, 01:57 PM
jwd
Oh wow, explain the storyline again :P

The whole thing that annoys me is that you're treating DR as if it's something wonderful, which it isn't. You need to practice before you make threads like this. This thread wasn't to show improvement at all, but to try and show off your project as if it was something amazingly cool and original - which it isn't.

What's realistic about the business system at all? This is a 2D game which looks more like a cartoon more than real life. No one wants Bugs Bunny to be realistic.

And what's more. I didn't say people should get sexually aroused over the server. I was basically calling the whole thing a flop without a decent storyline :P Read.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:39 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I traded away my Trading System .
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned
okay, bug with trading the trading system is gone, there are now rare and powerfull weapons that would be good for trading on the server. We also now have a potrion on the Graal Bible, I hope that this will better explain where the server is going (please excuse the screen shots, I'm working opn getting more up to date ones). As for the story line, it's taking shape now, and I know now what will be done with the server. You're just going to have to play it to find out the twists (and I'm planning one that will not only change how you think of the server, but how graal is played thats gonna be fun XD ). So lpay the server to find out, because there's a lot coming to DR, and it would be a good idea to be a part of it The sites I have mentioned can be found in my sig. and yes, we are hiring
Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned
Working on finishing touches of the latest quest. It's very large, and inculdes a choice of one of the new RPG weapons (weapons that gain EXP and stats as they're used). I also have added a new camera system, which allows the player to use 3 different camera modes, the regular one, chase, and 'player' view (you see farther ahead of you than behind). Expect new weapons to come for the classes as well
Old 03-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Servers always ran on GS1 in the past,
And it's a miracle that they survived. If you are thinking what I mean by that, just be glad that you haven't seen Chrisz's scripting on Era.
Quote:
it's a good engine,
Actually, it's hideous, and is not easy to learn sensible ways to do things. It has to use #s(), #v() and #I() to distinguish between data types!
Quote:
it has it's flaws, but you can work around them,
By doing yourself, and your entire server, a favour by switching to the new engine. It is easier and more powerful, so stop hindering your server's development with the old engine.
Quote:
we will be making the swotch to GS2 though
I hope by this you mean "I actually plan to get GS2 enabled today and immediately start converting my scripts"!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned
Quote:
I hope by this you mean "I actually plan to get GS2 enabled today and immediately start converting my scripts"!
GS2 is enabled, and some scripts employ it. I am learning it as well, and once I've mastered it, ALL scripts will be in gs2.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
I learned GS2 on Era. <3
Old 03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned
I'm gonna miss the old format.
function onCreated is gonna get old fast
if (created) was better