Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which kingdom(s) do you think should be removed?
Dustari 8 14.04%
Zormite 26 45.61%
Samurai 21 36.84%
Forest 28 49.12%
Pirates 11 19.30%
None, I think our kingdoms are fine. 10 17.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Snitch Snitch is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Snitch is on a distinguished road
This poll is completely pointless. People in one kingdom are going to ask other members to vote for a certain kingdom just to get rid it and so their kingdom is secured.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Tigairius Tigairius is offline
The Cat
Tigairius's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,240
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitch View Post
This poll is completely pointless. People in one kingdom are going to ask other members to vote for a certain kingdom just to get rid it and so their kingdom is secured.
Actually, the results are pretty much the same as I expected, so I don't really see how that can be true.
__________________


“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 PM
REW_darklink200 REW_darklink200 is offline
The Wanderer
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Castanea, PA
Posts: 73
REW_darklink200 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to REW_darklink200 Send a message via Yahoo to REW_darklink200
Hmm

I try to be active, but recently it has been hard. I pop on now and then when I can due to my work schedule, but that doesn't mean I'm inactive at this point. And referring to Daya's idea, it would be good to use that, a 3x3 grid for islands.
__________________
Life is a statement, make it a meaning.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:58 PM
ReBorn_Spirit ReBorn_Spirit is offline
Tįri o Taurė
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Dakota, USA
Posts: 1,060
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by REW_darklink200 View Post
I try to be active, but recently it has been hard. I pop on now and then when I can due to my work schedule, but that doesn't mean I'm inactive at this point. And referring to Daya's idea, it would be good to use that, a 3x3 grid for islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
...
Tig I've had suggestions before that are possible to actually do and would make more then enough land available for future development. Suppose like everyone else though you don't wish to think outwards for GK development though.
Many people have before suggested that we simple add in smaller surrounding islands.

I myself have posted a few times that the islands should be put into a logical grid cluster so that we could add in new gmap levels even if they were to be filled with just water until they were developed.

a 5x5 gmap grid could contain all the current gmaps

also a 5x5 grid could very easily be expanded to 6x6 or even 7x7 to double the available maps to work on or add to. Instead of removing content that keeps the few players around we do have, This would add in additional content and exploration opportunities and roleplay availabilities. Not to mention the countless events that could be done with a few more gmaps connected together in grid.

My idea was officially rejected because I believe it was Bjorn didnt feel it was necessary, or that it was a little too much work. Even though it would entittle perhaps editing a few levels on the warplinks. It would be an extremely easy task that is only adding in blank water maps for now.
__________________
Daya (Developer)
Tįri Daya Mar Sana (Forest)
Queen of Forest
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Felix_Xenophobe Felix_Xenophobe is offline
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: punchin yer nuts iphone era
Posts: 1,810
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
Many people have before suggested that we simple add in smaller surrounding islands.

I myself have posted a few times that the islands should be put into a logical grid cluster so that we could add in new gmap levels even if they were to be filled with just water until they were developed.

a 5x5 gmap grid could contain all the current gmaps

also a 5x5 grid could very easily be expanded to 6x6 or even 7x7 to double the available maps to work on or add to. Instead of removing content that keeps the few players around we do have, This would add in additional content and exploration opportunities and roleplay availabilities. Not to mention the countless events that could be done with a few more gmaps connected together in grid.

My idea was officially rejected because I believe it was Bjorn didnt feel it was necessary, or that it was a little too much work. Even though it would entittle perhaps editing a few levels on the warplinks. It would be an extremely easy task that is only adding in blank water maps for now.
It's not just a space issue. It's also about kingdom activity.

What you're suggesting solves the space issue but not kingdom activity.
__________________
KARTRACE
REIGNING CHAMPION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
ReBorn_Spirit ReBorn_Spirit is offline
Tįri o Taurė
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Dakota, USA
Posts: 1,060
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
It's not just a space issue. It's also about kingdom activity.

What you're suggesting solves the space issue but not kingdom activity.
I must point out that in every attempt to add in new content, it has brought back more players to GK.
__________________
Daya (Developer)
Tįri Daya Mar Sana (Forest)
Queen of Forest
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Felix_Xenophobe Felix_Xenophobe is offline
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: punchin yer nuts iphone era
Posts: 1,810
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
I must point out that in every attempt to add in new content, it has brought back more players to GK.
For how long?
__________________
KARTRACE
REIGNING CHAMPION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:04 PM
ReBorn_Spirit ReBorn_Spirit is offline
Tįri o Taurė
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Dakota, USA
Posts: 1,060
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
For how long?
That is the question now isn't it. After every small update it seems to have lasted a few days. But in larger updates upwards of months have been seen. Even holiday events have brought us back some players.
__________________
Daya (Developer)
Tįri Daya Mar Sana (Forest)
Queen of Forest
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Snitch Snitch is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Snitch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Actually, the results are pretty much the same as I expected, so I don't really see how that can be true.
I would think its because those kingdoms are the least active therefor they have hardly anyone to vote for the other kingdoms and defend themselves?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Felix_Xenophobe Felix_Xenophobe is offline
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: punchin yer nuts iphone era
Posts: 1,810
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitch View Post
I would think its because those kingdoms are the least active therefor they have hardly anyone to vote for the other kingdoms and defend themselves?
Working as intended, no?
__________________
KARTRACE
REIGNING CHAMPION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Googi Googi is offline
A Serious Epidemic
Googi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 18,866
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitch View Post
I would think its because those kingdoms are the least active therefor they have hardly anyone to vote for the other kingdoms and defend themselves?
At least some of the Zormite members had the magnanimosity to vote that no kingdoms should be removed rather than participate in this race to the bottom.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Snitch Snitch is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Snitch is on a distinguished road
I guess I kinda worded that wrong. :3
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 PM
ReBorn_Spirit ReBorn_Spirit is offline
Tįri o Taurė
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Dakota, USA
Posts: 1,060
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
At least some of the Zormite members had the magnanimosity to vote that no kingdoms should be removed rather than participate in this race to the bottom.
Actually I also voted that other kingdoms do not need to be removed.
All these kingdoms have history that goes back rather far... its hard to remove something like that without reprecussions.
__________________
Daya (Developer)
Tįri Daya Mar Sana (Forest)
Queen of Forest
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Craigus Craigus is offline
Registered User
Craigus's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England, Isle Of Wight
Posts: 510
Craigus will become famous soon enough
I voted for the final option because i feel all the kingdoms are apart of GK history which is something i feel should be protected, however if one kingdom was to go in my opinion it should be forest.

1. Forest has been around for the least amount of time
2. It hasn't really much of a history in my mind i can't think of many major events it's been involved in.
3. Never really been active.
4. Was only added because the server was very popular at the time and there was room for another kingdom.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
a/s/l
Elizabeth's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,018
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
cool story.

so what do you suggest?
i suggest that graal kingdoms is taken off of the playerlist, has improvements done to it, and in 6-12 months, it's put back up. with the fact that it's been off so long, people start to miss it. when it finally does come back, they start to play it and grow attached to it.


__________________
<3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.