Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Why was once a day not enough? Why was twice a day also not enough?

What's your reasoning?
I do not know what you really want Pat. Was it bad giving the people an oppurtunity to enter the crypt more times a day and enjoy it? Why do I need a reason to make something on GK more enjoyable?
You should give me a reasoning here now.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-30-2013, 07:49 AM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I do not know what you really want Pat. Was it bad giving the people an oppurtunity to enter the crypt more times a day and enjoy it? Why do I need a reason to make something on GK more enjoyable?
You should give me a reasoning here now.
I don't see the point either. This update is a very good thing and I really enjoy PLAYING GK now, not just idling. There is no reason, to not lower the time between entries to crypt. Since Nico lowered the awesomenessrate of getting high end gear (like amadola in every 10th run), the market won't be flooded either.
And even if it would? I am tired of the times where there were only 1 pair of soccers or bord or whatever. Making items obtainable is the success to every good rp game and GK lacked this for years. Very good updates here nico imo.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXKajalXx View Post
Making items obtainable is the success to every good rp game and GK lacked this for years.
Agreed, 100 percent.

Every other MMO I've played doesn't do the whole 'one-of-a-kind' or limited release items. They control their rarity through the actual game mechanics, and it's never just 'everyone wearing the same thing' because they put out a variety of endgame things, as opposed to just one high-tier set of items.

Games are a lot more fun when you can set goals for the stuff you want, then work hard to achieve them. Waiting for someone who has a very rare item to log on so you can try to pry it from their clutches is not 'hard work.' It's a waiting game and leads to people circumventing the difficulty of obtaining such items by just buying them straight-out for actual cash, which is unfair and undesirable. Things like crafting involve actual work, because the time spent is usually equal to the reward.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Why was once a day not enough? Why was twice a day also not enough?
Is there something overtly wrong with this? I mean, for example, we introduce several different colours of the easter bunny suit during the Easter Holiday and no one asked, "but why?".
Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Is there something overtly wrong with this? I mean, for example, we introduce several different colours of the easter bunny suit during the Easter Holiday and no one asked, "but why?".
This made me chuckle, so I have to ask... But why?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Within a span of mere days you changed your mind about your own update. Can we expect no time in between crypt entries soon?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Within a span of mere days you changed your mind about your own update. Can we expect no time in between crypt entries soon?
Trial and error.

Maybe, maybe not. I definitely prefer 8 hours over 12. Not because I can do crypt more, but because I'm more flexible with the actual times I decide to do crypt if I want to get 2 runs done a day.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Trial and error.

Maybe, maybe not. I definitely prefer 8 hours over 12. Not because I can do crypt more, but because I'm more flexible with the actual times I decide to do crypt if I want to get 2 runs done a day.
Right, or if I want to do it with a group of friends that plays in an entirely different time zone, I now have the option of doing it with more than that one group?

Maybe if you yourself played, you wouldn't have to ask why...
Old 08-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
God above -- have mercy. Would hate to imagine that the development team on GK is making a series of tweaks to improve gameplay. Maybe you should take Torankusu's advice... play more, speculate less.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Sorry to say this but:
  1. You are not even part of the community anymore.
  2. We are testing the crypt live with a higher playerbase to tweek around and find the perfect options and rates for the crypt
  3. Why you even bother with the update at all? Is it effecting you in any way or are you just bored and want to annoy us?

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3
Sorry if I came off like a douche. I just enjoy reading update reasoning. I still consider myself a part of the community.
The reason for the update is likely because a new 'group chest' system was installed, and probably needs to be thoroughly tested, plus it encourages players to log on more times than one every day if they want to run the crypt multiple times.

Also, because a lot of people have requested it, and Nico decided to actually implement it.

Reason enough for you?

Last edited by NicoX; 08-31-2013 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Removed Off-Topic
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
What's annoying is he's helping the server and people still cry.

Nice work Nico
Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 PM
luke10050 is an unknown quantity at this point
Crypt seems fine right now, drops need to be edited but i love that its 8hours.
First of all replace the silver/gold helmets/chest with stuff like plat or diamonds.
GK has many currencys use them as rewards T_T

Although i do love that GK is getting updates, especially updates regarding ways of getting items. GJ Nico.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
I played a bit today. Pretty cool things. Should probably change the name of the xmas dungeon but that's not too crucial. (It's not Christmas. ICE CAVE. FROZEN CAVERN)

Cool ****.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Frozen Cavern like a boss.