Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Samurai
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Conqueror Conqueror is offline
Da conq
Conqueror's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 363
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Obviously it's more for some people than others, and I don't see them bashing your interests.
Hey bud,

You'd probably have to play Kingdoms more to understand what's actually going on. Basically one kingdom is pressuring another kingdom into war, saying that the loser must give up the rights to their kingdom. The other kingdom doesn't want to participate in a war that imposes such a gamble.

Sly was simply implying what's the point in causing unnecessary drama when it doesn't need to happen, because it's just a game.

I understand that you probably read it out of context and don't really understand the full picture-- but your comment is definitely (and probably unintentionally) out of place, bro.

Cheers
__________________
_________________________________________

  #47  
Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Geno Geno is offline
Prinking Droblem
Geno's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,013
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Have a war where nobody loses their kingdom all together...perhaps the losing kingdom must appoint a Vice Councillor from the winning kingdom into their ranks...Giving them a little power but not the ultimate power???
  #48  
Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Conqueror Conqueror is offline
Da conq
Conqueror's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 363
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Have a war where nobody loses their kingdom all together...perhaps the losing kingdom must appoint a Vice Councilor from the winning kingdom into their ranks...Giving them a little power but not the ultimate power???
Interesting, but highly doubtful anyone would ever go for that; because technically the newly appointed "Vice Councilor" would be under the command of the enemies leadership. A pretty lame prize.

I do agree that it's nice to receive some sort of incentive (other than pride) for the winner of a war. However, demanding ownership rights of the Kingdom shouldn't be a requirement for a war to happen. Especially when a kingdom gets handed over to those who haven't been active members of the Graal Kingdoms community in years (Not a personal attack Drk, just speaking honest words).

They really need to bring back honor points for kingdom core, and implement it into some sort of shop system where the kingdom leader can choose an item to event off to his kingdom when enough points are accumulated.
__________________
_________________________________________

  #49  
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 AM
DrkXFactr DrkXFactr is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 186
DrkXFactr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DrkXFactr Send a message via Yahoo to DrkXFactr
Sounds personal. Just because someone has took a break doesn't mean they don't have the qualities, requirements, or ability to run a kingdom well.
__________________
Imagine accepting the truth.

Live for the moment.
  #50  
Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 AM
Conqueror Conqueror is offline
Da conq
Conqueror's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 363
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkXFactr View Post
Sounds personal. Just because someone has took a break doesn't mean they don't have the qualities, requirements, or ability to run a kingdom well.
If you want to take it as personal, that's your own decision! I don't question your ability to lead a kingdom at all, in fact you've already made a great impression upon GK with your massive event a few weekends ago. No one can change what happened with the Zormite vs Samurai war. What's done is done now.

However, I strongly oppose accepting this "kingdom gamble practice" as the new normal. To "forcefully" challenge an opposing kingdom into such terms by getting staff involved (what Kale did to Essence) is a sinister move.

Generally, kingdom followers work themselves up the ranks and earn their positions over time through some form of faithful service. Over time when the leader decides to step down, he then hands the kingdom over to the next in line. This is a correct form of balancing power within a kingdom. Appointing an individual who hasn't been involved in the Graal Kingdom community in over 4 years is unfair to other players.

Once again I repeat, what's done is done-- and this isn't personal by any means, to either you (Drk) OR Kale. But pressuring kingdom leaders by getting staff to agree to these terms needs to stop. (Not saying that you are doing this.) Let people play the game how they feel.

Just Conq's two cents
__________________
_________________________________________

  #51  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Seeya Seeya is offline
ω
Seeya's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zormite
Posts: 1,905
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
However, I strongly oppose accepting this "kingdom gamble practice" as the new normal. To "forcefully" challenge an opposing kingdom into such terms by getting staff involved (what Kale did to Essence) is a sinister move.
Focusing on the bolded part of the quote, I don't know what makes you, or anyone else think that I got staff involved in the War. I challenged Essence to war, we both together, via PM, decided that we'd have a war for our Kingdom. Only then did I speak with Tig to see if it'd be okay, and there was no staff intervention in giving Samurai to Drk. Essence added drk, gave him the Kingdom, and left.

I completely agree that -every- war should not be for Kingdom's, and it should not be the common practice, but I don't want dominance to your Kingdom.

I've assured myself long ago that Zormite was dominant towards Dustari when we conquered Samurai. The same people who were in Samurai are in Dustari today- I don't want to war you for laughs. I want to take your home from you, you take ME to war, wanting MY Kingdom, and as soon as we annihilated your last kingdom you flee to Crescent Pirates or Dustari. I feel that my next step would be to take your homeland from you.

To my knowledge, Pat is the reason we went to war for Kingdoms. He was pushing Essence to dominate Zormite to take over my Kingdom, and when he loses Samurai he gallantly takes his leadership of Dustari, no loss for him. He only made Samurai lose their bloodline they've been holding for 4+ years.

It's simple- I don't want to dominate every Kingdom, I want peace to be honest. I loved giving Samurai an entirely new point of view by awarding leadership to Drk for his effort in war and leadership skills. He's doing better than Essence was doing, and that's undoubtable.

I warned Crescent Pirates if they allowed their pirates to leave in war, to help our enemy, that they would be next. They added us as enemies the next day, and allied our enemies. It's simple logic, we aren't bloodthirsty dustarians. We want peace. Dustari doesn't allow that, as you saw Bosh' post, they're constantly going out of there way to kill us aggressively. Blocking us in crypt, harassing us, we are completely defensive.

Not much more I want to say, that's just an idea of the current situation. I didn't want to stay too silent on the matter
__________________
Kale Vimes

  #52  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:00 AM
BigBear3 BigBear3 is offline
Zormite
BigBear3's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lynn, MA
Posts: 2,551
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
you take ME to war, wanting MY Kingdom
I'm pretty sure you asked Essence, and not the other way around.
Quote:
To my knowledge, Pat is the reason we went to war for Kingdoms
Not only was I not taking over as leader of Zormite if Samurai had won, I tried to talk Essence out of it. But when he found out that he didn't have to do it from Tigairius, it was after you two had already spoken and felt it too late to back down. Essence was being a man of his word and was honoring the deal. You should have some respect for him for this.
Quote:
I want peace to be honest. I loved giving Samurai an entirely new point of view by awarding leadership to Drk for his effort in war and leadership skills.
I want peace too. Even though, one of your loyalists himself told me that this Samurai vs. Dustari war is "Kale's War" and that you were the one pushing for it. I'm not trying to go to war with anyone. I'm fine with Drk in charge. I've got nothing but respect for the guy. You were my successor and are obviously doing a fine job. It was the right choice. And the leadership circle in CP are some of my closest friends.
Quote:
He's doing better than Essence was doing, and that's undoubtable.
May be true. Might not. But this is clearly nothing other than taking a shot at Essence. A guy who personally has done nothing toward you other than try to defend his kingdom.

Quote:
They added us as enemies the next day, and allied our enemies
CP is only our ally because Felix is one of my best friends on Graal Kingdoms. There are very few people I trust as much as him.

Last edited by BigBear3; 06-20-2011 at 05:19 AM..
  #53  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Seeya Seeya is offline
ω
Seeya's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zormite
Posts: 1,905
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Drk and I are allies. We make decisions together, but for his Kingdom, his word is final. If he did not want to war you he wouldn't have challenged you to it.

Essence only gets as much respect as he earns. He was seriously harassing me before the Zormite - Samurai war, and when we won, he was still disrespectful.

I wrote a lot more, but I hit backspace and it sent me to the main page of the forums and erased it on me .
__________________
Kale Vimes

  #54  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:39 AM
BigBear3 BigBear3 is offline
Zormite
BigBear3's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lynn, MA
Posts: 2,551
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Drk and I are allies. We make decisions together, but for his Kingdom, his word is final. If he did not want to war you he wouldn't have challenged you to it.

Essence only gets as much respect as he earns. He was seriously harassing me before the Zormite - Samurai war, and when we won, he was still disrespectful.

I wrote a lot more, but I hit backspace and it sent me to the main page of the forums and erased it on me .

You ignored most of my post. I still have no idea what happened between us but I'm not out to get anyone.
  #55  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Seeya Seeya is offline
ω
Seeya's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zormite
Posts: 1,905
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I don't remember saying you were... I'm just saying, your people are refugees from the Zormite-Samurai war, that being said, they are my enemies. Your people are my enemies. If they started acting respectful after losing the war then I'd have no problem with them, but they're the same people who were there before.

And risky war is fun.
__________________
Kale Vimes

  #56  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:47 AM
BigBear3 BigBear3 is offline
Zormite
BigBear3's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lynn, MA
Posts: 2,551
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Again.
  #57  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:48 AM
MajinDragon MajinDragon is offline
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom, England
Posts: 2,148
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
It's simple logic, we aren't bloodthirsty dustarians. We want peace. Dustari doesn't allow that, as you saw Bosh' post, they're constantly going out of there way to kill us aggressively. Blocking us in crypt, harassing us, we are completely defensive.
This is completely ridiculous, how you're trying to paint yourselves as passive defenders of peace when the reality is that you guys PK just as much as we do, only we do it without discretion and without gang tactics.
__________________
  #58  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:48 AM
SlyRemixed SlyRemixed is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
SlyRemixed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
I warned Crescent Pirates if they allowed their pirates to leave in war, to help our enemy, that they would be next. They added us as enemies the next day, and allied our enemies.
You can't blame me (as one of the CP members that joined old Samurais in the Zormites-Samurais war) of being loyal. Most of my friends used to be Samurai members and i wanted to help, you didn't have allied kingdoms or many members because many old players in charge of the other kingdoms disliked you (I'm sure CP allied with Samurai because of that).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
...we aren't bloodthirsty dustarians. We want peace. Dustari doesn't allow that, as you saw Bosh' post, they're constantly going out of there way to kill us aggressively. Blocking us in crypt, harassing us, we are completely defensive.
Jeez, now that's hypocrite. ¿how many times you chased me with holy words as a hotkey when i was Bile, waiting outside trade center to lame me or looking for me at crypt while i was killing Zombies?, this is not only me, i've had many friends complaining of the way you attack (and you say it's just PK fun) i'm sure you've "aggressively" attack other players a lot more than the old Samurai members have attack new Samurais and Zormites; this new players that like you.

It's PK fun when it's convenient for you, but it's a personal attack (or a reason for war) when it isn't.

Last edited by SlyRemixed; 06-20-2011 at 07:05 AM..
  #59  
Old 06-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Seeya Seeya is offline
ω
Seeya's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zormite
Posts: 1,905
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRemixed View Post
Jeez, now that's hypocrite. ¿how many times you chased me with holy words as a hotkey when i was Bile, waiting outside trade center to lame me or looking for me at crypt while i was killing Zombies?
The only times I specifically hunted you was when I was going to war with Samurai and you hopped ship. (with this being said, I haven't hunted you or PKed you in the past month. Not once.)

You say that I can't blame you, I blame Crescent Pirates for letting you leave their Kingdom to aid my enemy. It's the same as them going to war with me. It's ridiculous that I'd ever allow their soldiers to come fight against me and go back to homeland Crescent Pirates to be safe, never to worry about their Kingdom... because you guys don't want war!
__________________
Kale Vimes

  #60  
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM
SlyRemixed SlyRemixed is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
SlyRemixed is on a distinguished road
You can skip all the arguments you want Kale (you did it with Pat already, you had a convenient lecture and selected the thing most suited your "defense").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
The only times I specifically hunted you was when I was going to war with Samurai and you hopped ship. (with this being said, I haven't hunted you or PKed you in the past month. Not once.)
No, that's a lie, you used to "hunt" me (or i should call it lame) WAY before you and Essence were planning to make a war. No attacks in a month you say? You started attacking me at crypt a couple of weeks ago, when i got your hp less than half you told Bosh to attack me and then you started to lame with bullets while Bosh was trying to slay me (obviously i ran away, it was just unfair).

But as i say, this not about me (only), it's about more players you've done the same; THEN you come here and write about "aggressiveness" and "unjustified attacks" (lol).

"It's PK fun when it's convenient for you, but it's a personal attack (or a reason for war) when it isn't."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
You say that I can't blame you, I blame Crescent Pirates for letting you leave their Kingdom to aid my enemy. It's the same as them going to war with me. It's ridiculous that I'd ever allow their soldiers to come fight against me and go back to homeland Crescent Pirates to be safe, never to worry about their Kingdom... because you guys don't want war!
No, again we were their allies, we wouldn't be responding as allies if we wouldn't help them, if you would have an allied kingdom you would have done the same... but you didn't have any because, again, many old players in charge of the other kingdoms disliked you.

Last edited by SlyRemixed; 06-20-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.