Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
It's not worth my time to try to convince someone so ill-minded and big-headed that they are wrong, you're incapable of comprehending such a thing. You'll realize one day that your skillful talent of Era PC really didn't do you much good, especially when you didn't be-friend anyone on the way, in-fact the complete opposite.

I don't think anyone is addressing the issue of guns anymore, yet you continue to dwell on the topic. We're talking about enjoyment now, get with the times William.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:02 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Not much about this game is enjoyable anymore. The PK scene is dumb (gun stats and player attitude are both ****) sparring is atrocious because of lag priority and getting money is too hard to be bothered with. Gangs have deteriorated into a lame war and who can run the best (Souls are probably the most guilty of this so "elite"). But hey it's not about the stats that's why every time mp5 navy becomes **** Wil begs for gun rights then changes it back to the best so he can get one and win again. The only fun part is my friends. Plain and simple.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:33 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Uh, here's an incentive: Get good, you suck. If you get good, the guns won't matter cause you'll be good, but since you're not good, they do. You tried to be good, it failed, so now you want incentives. But I tell you, keep trying, you'll still suck even with incentives.

Moral of the story? Get good, stop sucking and all problems dissipate. D. End.

Other newb who keeps whining about guns, you suck... you can't raid with an uzi, you can't even raid wth. Get good, and guns won't matter. You're not good, so they do. Stop being not good so we can stop hearing you whine. D. End.
you completely miss the point over and over again..seriously kid take the time to understand what we're talking about.
yes i understand if someone spent countless hours pking theyll achieve greatness and .05 freeze guns and .2 freeze guns wouldnt matter.

but we're addressing the fact that GANGS get soo much utility that its completely unfair to other players regardless of skill level. (i.e m107 was deleted from era public but its able to be purchased as a gang weapon, SMGPK, owen45, ...etc) and the fact that these weapons are better than the guns that are similar to tier 1 weapons in shop is just sad.

what we, the people of era, want, is a balanced playing field not biased in any way in the favor of gangs. tbh gang weapons should not be better than tier 2 weapons with no less than .15 freeze and no more than 2 gang weapons.

that is all
Old 12-25-2013, 08:24 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
To be honest Benny and I have spoken a lot about gang gun stats and none of them are as good statistically as tier 1 guns (or tier 3 idk which one is the top) but they're really close. Maybe a slower rate of fire or a smaller clip or high reload speed but in the chaos that is a successful raid those are pretty minuscule (apart from clip size). Anyways yeah gang guns are OP in my opinion but hey stats dont matter thats why mercenary always gets the best guns :afro:
Old 12-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Banned
In all honesty, William is a smart cookie due to his experience with the game but his big ego and his unbelievably stupid expectations are what make him so useless as a viable contribution. I mean honestly mate, get a better attitude towards people, It's cool that you're "the best" but why are you so egotistic because of it? In the end we're all just trying to get enjoyment out of the game again, something you're lacking as well, hence why you jump on the forums instigating arguments to prove your 2D dominance but what you lack is the skill to comprehend that we're all different and all want different things.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:21 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
but p2ks, some pl-9/spas mix, and mp5n clones are acceptable gang weapons..cmon now thats just stupid

BREAKING NEWS: STOKES GANG RECEIVE NEW GANG GUN AR-15.

seems pretty balanced if you ask me.

Last edited by ilovegirlzz; 12-25-2013 at 10:37 PM..
Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
Wil if you thinks stats mean nothing then 1v1 me you can use mp5 navy i use flak but there's a wall in between. Stats dont matter right
Old 12-26-2013, 09:16 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
raiding isn't fun. pking isn't fun. sparring isn't fun. why? because of the weapons. there are too many lame weapons and too many weapons with stats that can clearly out gun any lower tiered weapon.

- get rid of the shoot-over-wall weapons.
- reduce the amount of weapons.
- the less weapons there are, the easier they are to balance, so balance them accordingly.
- make them easily accessible. take the focus off of the economy and money and make it game play.

I would even argue that every time you log on you should choose a certain load out of any 3 guns. completely get rid of the entire "gun economy." it won't matter if players have access to every gun because skill will now be the ultimate factor in success. different guns will only be preference of play style.

after the weapon situation is resolved, just pump out tons of game play content. quests, events, raid bonuses, whatever. the game would be so much more fun under these conditions.

put yourself into the shoes of a new player who logs onto the server for the first time ever. do you honestly think you'd bother to log onto the game ever again after a few hours, even minutes, of playing? probably not. the expectations of new players are so ridiculously high. you have to spend countless hours grinding tedious jobs in order to earn enough money to buy a some what decent gun, and then you're expected to just "get good" at the game. really? is that the best we can do here?

people can't buy cheap uzis and "get good" and stand a chance against those with a vast arsenal of weapons. that's not how it works anymore unfortunately. these players are just going to get **** on. they are at an extreme disadvantage. the learning curve on this server requires you to have good weapons. then you have to ask yourself, why should people learn how to pk and spar with cheap weapons when they can spend that time making more money to afford something better? basically they're better off spending the first few weeks of playing this game just grinding cash to afford something good before even beginning to practice and get good at the game.

realistically how will the server ever draw in a new player base under these conditions? it seems like the focus is to keep current players happy and make them not want to leave instead of bringing in new players. that's why the player count gets smaller and smaller. even "high" player counts these days consist of 20% idlers and 20% staff/RCs.

I can't be the only one that realizes the current system isn't working anymore. it needs to be changed. try something new for ****s sake.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I agree to a certain extent, but if you're going to change everything about the game, you might as well make a new game.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:46 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I agree to a certain extent, but if you're going to change everything about the game, you might as well make a new game.
the only thing that would be changing is how guns are distributed. that's it really. instead of making players grind jobs for money to buy guns, why not put everyone on an even playing field from the very beginning? the core structure of the game will still be the same with a focus on pking, but players will be able to jump right into the action.

in my opinion the economy takes away from the potential of the game to be fun.

there can still be an economy of rare items, collectibles, and maybe introduce novelty weapons that aren't as good as the main group of weapons. this way players can still have a sense of "I have this and you don't." there can even be weapon skins that are limited in availability but the skin doesn't affect the stats of the gun.

I understand players like to collect things. this type of economy wouldn't interfere with the core game play in any way though. there will be players who like to collect rare items but then there will be players who don't care about that sort of stuff but will still get to enjoy the game. you get the best of both worlds.

anyone who opposes this idea would probably just be bitter towards the fact that they would lose their fortune of good weapons. with that kind of attitude you're just going to have a fancy inventory on an empty server. there's no fun in that. I'm sure players who have a lot of weaponry can be compensated in some way as well. keep an open mind.

Last edited by Frankie; 12-27-2013 at 01:00 AM..
Old 12-27-2013, 01:28 AM
So, assuming you have access to any weapon you want from the beginning, and all there is to do is kill people, what keeps people playing? I know I get bored just killing people. Without the aspect of accumulating wealth, what system or mechanic gives people a sense of progression?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
One point after the first reset wasn't there only a few guns? Handgun, Uzi, Shotgun, AK47 and Neo Rifle?
Old 12-27-2013, 03:23 AM
Banned
Your concept of completely shifting the game to a kill only concept is nothing but flawed.

I mean, let's put away the fact that 10% of Era nearly never die because they have played for 5+ years and have mastered the game to become an "Elite" and that's the only reason they keep playing (Because they excel against others) but let's say a new player joins, he faces off against people who aren't elite but play near every day, he will still have a very bad experience from dying over and over and will see the game as unbalanced and pointless but don't think I'm totally against it, I don't think Era could get any worse than it currently is from the pick-up and play aspect, right now it doesn't cater to the new players at all.

I could be wrong though, I mean I know when I first play a game and I'm not the best at it I try to advance and excel so maybe that might happen and we will see a large increase in player activity and subscriptions bought.

I love the idea of; Every time you log on, you switch to a set of 3 weapons you can use and they are all hotkeyed into; "Main, Secondary and Pistol/Third" but I think they should make it so you can switch this at any time during the game via a menu system or something.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again; If you want to revolve the game around PKing and becoming a more PK related game, you need to delete over half the current guns. The range of weapons now is too large to cater to unique stats for every weapon/set of weapons If you were to go with the idea above from Frankie.

You would need to delete down to about 15-25 guns (3-5 for each slot) then give each gun a unique stat, e.g Mp5 Navy = 13 damage low freeze high fire-rate and low reload but AK47 = 20 damage, medium freeze, medium fire-rate and high reload etc.

Also going with Frankies idea will basically just make Era a 2D version of TF2 but without the "class" aspect of being able to do different things just using different guns and all having an equal playing field, which isn't totally a bad idea. I mean if people want to become a top-merchant etc they can still own novelty items, hats, etc.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 AM
I'm just going to point out that TF2 has a lot more than 15-25 weapons, yet retains balance and uniqueness among them.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:35 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I'm just going to point out that TF2 has a lot more than 15-25 weapons, yet retains balance and uniqueness among them.
Not at all, I only recently started playing TF2 again after first trying it when there was no additional weapons and I can easily say that there is a big disadvantage to the original weapons compared to the additional but that's a whole different game and a whole different topic. The weapons are all based off of the original guns and are replaceable not extra-usable. Which is why they are so balanced, you can't use 2 of the same class, e.g 2 ak47s and 1 glock or something of the same, with Frankies class system it would be; 1 ak47, 1 pbp and 1 glock, so if there is any balanced format in TF2 (Which I'm still yet to find from replaying the game) its based off of the principle of only getting to replace guns and not use 2 of the same type.
Closed Thread