Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:52 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I don't think whether you understand it or not is relevant - there are people willing to create the playerworlds on a dead end platform. No one is asking you or anyone higher up to do the work for them, just to have the tools and mediums available to them so they can launch their potential failures/successes.

If people like Thor or Cloud are willing to take the risk of putting a ton of work into a flop, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for the present infrastructure be made available to them.
I understand- I'm setting expectations. I just wonder why people aren't aiming big.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I understand- I'm setting expectations. I just wonder why people aren't aiming big.
fair point
Old 11-11-2016, 04:36 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
are four digit live numbers big for mobile games?

I was under the impression that iPhone games that "aimed big" had live players in the millions.

like, if you look at how many people are playing candy crush or bejeweled right now, it's the population of a small country

iclassic is like the population of a mall on a saturday
Old 11-11-2016, 08:40 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Ok.... well if you're happy to create a player world with just five players on at a prime time, go for it. Good luck getting it signed off
Old 11-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Oh nice, the same topic from 2010. Glad I didn't miss a lot.

The first link on the Graalonline website sends you to the page of a player-word that ceased to exist two years ago. Do you think a month of forum inactivity is really the stand-out issue for this games management?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ok.... well if you're happy to create a player world with just five players on at a prime time, go for it. Good luck getting it signed off
i feel like getting a playerworld up on PC should just be easy. at this point, why not? let the few people who are left developing get stuff up, not like anyone will care. :P
Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Good luck getting it signed off
That's the point of the contention. There is no real obstacle preventing a server that will only be played by 5 people from being hosted except the fabricated obstacle of people higher up saying "no one will play it, why bother".
Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
i dont know the last time i found a game because of their website
Old 11-12-2016, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That's the point of the contention. There is no real obstacle preventing a server that will only be played by 5 people from being hosted except the fabricated obstacle of people higher up saying "no one will play it, why bother".
Why would anybody invest in a server with a potential player count of 30 (I'm being generous here). I'm sure the cost of a server has an impact.

By the looks of this there are no developers aspiring to develop an iOS game. If I were an investor I wouldn't invest. Why would you?
Old 11-12-2016, 01:49 AM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Why would anybody invest in a server with a potential player count of 30 (I'm being generous here). I'm sure the cost of a server has an impact.

By the looks of this there are no developers aspiring to develop an iOS game. If I were an investor I wouldn't invest. Why would you?
Just step aside man, you're not apart of PC community anymore
Old 11-12-2016, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara112 View Post
Just step aside man, you're not apart of PC community anymore
Yes, you're right. I guess after a length of time you realise the direction Graal is heading, I just hope it's not too late. If you want to develop an iOS server let me know.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:47 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
List of things they said could never happen:

graal era
iphone graal
death of UN
Stefan would get fired
Graal2001 return to playerworld list

List of things they still say will never happen:

playercount on PC graal
Classic return to playerworld list
iphone mobile game fad finally dies
Graal on Steam or other relevant plaftorm (Nintendo Switch?)

Ohhhhhh man I cannot wait to prove you wrong some more.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
i dont know the last time i found a game because of their website
steam ftw
Old 11-12-2016, 04:16 AM
CupOfJoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Thor is the type of person who will get thrashed, then apologize to the person who did it to him.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:37 AM
LAT & Graphics
xiaoguard will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupOfJoe View Post
Thor is the type of person who will get thrashed, then apologize to the person who did it to him.
Have you ever met Thor?
[14/08/2016 10:11:40 PM] Mike: Don't poke the bee's nest and you won't get stung.
Closed Thread