Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Mythic Legends

Some of the following information are still rough ideas, and might be altered at any time.

Mythic isn't focused on any specific theme, as long as it makes some kind of sense, it's possible. In one place you might see the inhabitants relying on technology, while other places might focus on magic or even good ol' fashioned hard work. The general theme is simply referred to as "Fantasy" - mixing medieval and futuristic properties. You want a giant flood? Or would you rather visit an underwater city? Well just take your personal flying machine that also works as a submarine!

Each area will consist of their very own small/medium/big gmap, and that gmap links to surrounding areas. The positive thing about it, is that it's a lot easier to expand the current content by simply adding new links to a gmap - and it ensures that there's no "blank spots" left on the overworld.

You start playing by creating a character (you can have up to 6), and you'll have to choose basic stats, appearance, name and some misc. other information for it. In order to gain experience you need to quest, train your professions, or fight baddies. Most combat is completely randomized based on preset alternatives for that specific area, and take place in another level using Turn Based combat (ala Final Fantasy 4-6 style).

As you advance in levels, you get to spend more stat points, and will eventually gain new skills. Our rulesystem is based upon the FFRPG (Final Fantasy Role Playing Game) Third Edition Core Rules, which is a completely fan made RPG. I suggest you Google it if you want to know more about it.

Your actions related to quests and NPCs will change your alignment, which makes it impossible for you to "catch 'em all", and lets you focus more on how you want your character to behave and the results from your actions. There will be no pros or cons depending on what alignment you have, but it will modify your gameplay.

We want to create a world free of boundaries, that never get repetitive, and then fill it with life so the surroundings doesn't stop once there's no players. NPCs will all have their own "lives" and daily tasks, and towns will be filled with shopping crazy NPCs. You get the picture.

We want to make sure everyone can play the server, whether you're into questing, battling other players, grinding for ooooone more level, or even roleplaying. Our focus will however be the PvE part, and RP will be strongly encouraged (but not enforced).

This is how we look at it - if there's room for improvement, it has to be done.

We are constantly developing on the server, and to be honest, we could never get enough help. If you can create decent pixel art, or add that little extra to levels - then we'd love to have you around. Heck, even if you like to write stories or create concept art, there's a spot for ya! All staff gets the right to contribute to the actual gameplay and plot, we are constantly discussing it on a private part on our own forums.

You must be wondering why you should even consider helping us, right? Well, I can't speak for you, but we can offer you:
  • A friendly and mature staff team.
  • A chance to make a difference on the server as a whole.
  • A workplace where you won't have to wait for ages to Person #A to finish Task #3 in order for you to continue your work.

I believe that's most of it, for now anyways. The server is usually open for public, but will be closed to staff only the nearest couple of days. If you want to know anything else, or interested in lending a hand, feel free to contact me - you can find my contact information in my signature. And thanks for reading this far!

The following two levels are just rough mock ups without any decoration to fill up empty space - they are just here to prove that work is being done, if nothing else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219860129.png
Views:	239
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	45703   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219860154.png
Views:	260
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	45704   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219860234.png
Views:	286
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	45705  

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
I like the idea of how you plan to have the world still living on it's own even when your not near it. That's basically the big thing for the new FABLE! Can't wait for it to come out T_T
Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jazz up that town/level you have there, kinda plain.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Ziro, what about story? I offered to help, but got barely no response!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by farte6 View Post
Jazz up that town/level you have there, kinda plain.
Our main goal level-wise at the moment, is to fill up 100 levels (10x10 town) with buildings and misc. things located in a city (we have a plan designed for it, somewhat). Once that stage is done, which is about... one third completed, we'll start decorating it properly and infuse it with life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
I offered to help, but got barely no response!
To be honest, back then I was a WoW addict that idled on AIM while being tabbed into WoW and not noticing anything outside it. I don't play any game at the moment, I'm focused on Mythic, thus that not being a problem.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
In that case... I'd like to help out game design wise (make up everything that you people have to script :P )
Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Collige, virgo, rosas
RosesLove will become famous soon enough
ooo, I like it.

But I see a ton of tile errors and pillow shading there. ;x
Old 08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesLove View Post
But I see a ton of tile errors and pillow shading there. ;x
As stated, focus is on quantity over quality at this point, but I can assure you quality WILL be the main focus once this town is filled up. It takes a lot of time with only one LAT though, which is why I really hope someone will notice this thread and be interested in helping.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Collige, virgo, rosas
Okay, I can understand that since you're going for a large overworld, but those tile errors on the roof take 5 seconds to fix.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
but those tile errors on the roof take 5 seconds to fix.
I agree, they probably do - I don't know why Jer have overlooked it. Not that it's important at this moment.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Collige, virgo, rosas
Lol, I didn't even know Jer could LAT.

Anyway, good luck with your staff hiring.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Lol, I didn't even know Jer could LAT.
I hope you're talking about Jer as in geneticfrog, and not Jerret from Zodiac - most people mix the two of them up. But yes, Jer can LAT very well, he just needed a bit encouragement to get into it after I saw a very nice pics1 level made by him

Quote:
Anyway, good luck with your staff hiring.
Arigato!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Collige, virgo, rosas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I hope you're talking about Jer as in geneticfrog, and not Jerret from Zodiac - most people mix the two of them up. But yes, Jer can LAT very well, he just needed a bit encouragement to get into it after I saw a very nice pics1 level made by him

Arigato!

Uh, no, I know who Jer is.
In fact, he's the one who told me about Mythic Legends.

I just have only seen two of his levels and that was years ago when he was first trying to learn, so I was under the impression that he only does graphics still.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Uh, no, I know who Jer is.
Good.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Master of Puppets
The server is once again opened up to public, some major changes were made to the rulesystem behind it all, so all existing characters were deleted.

Three more submenus will be added to the selection screen within the nearest days, and those are:
  • Class and Job
  • Advantages and Disadvantages
  • Skills

Here are two screenshots showing the current stages of character creation!

And also, no level makers are interested?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219964300.png
Views:	183
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	45715   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219964326.png
Views:	181
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	45716