Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
You're basing all of this off of the current situation of Valikorlia. Back when we voted for Omake to be manager, we had a playercount 2 or 3 times greater than the one we have now on our best days, even eclipsing UN every now and then. We also had a smaller staff team than we have now. So, no, most of the players were not staff members.
I'm pretty sure Val had a pop of ~40 then. And even during this time it was a very close playerbase.

Quote:
Also, just to reiterate, our playercount was considerably larger during that time, right up there with the current average playercounts of Zodiac and Era. So it can be done for 'medium-large' scale servers. The players simply have to know what they want and the people running for manager have to be able to deliver.
For some reason I doubt this, because I do not remember Val holding such a high playercount during this time period. I do remember the boost of players once the worldmap was re-done but I'm pretty sure Omake was manager then. Anyways, Valikorlia's playerbase was always very closed and I'm 100% sure the vast majority of those who took part in the election weren't clueless dolts. I'm quite confident a pretty big number of them have had staff experience and played the server for a while. Compare this to UN/Era/Zodiac's players and you'll see why an election system just wont work.

Staff positions aren't a democratic thing anyway. It's why you don't vote for your police chiefs, firemen, mcdonalds owners, etc.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
crono for mcdonalds owner.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
crono for mcdonalds owner.
free happy meal if u vote for me
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I'm pretty sure Val had a pop of ~40 then. And even during this time it was a very close playerbase.
Yes. The playercount was anywhere from 40-60 (about the same as UN and Era today -- not Zodiac, that was a mistake), as compared its pitiful 20-30 now (on its best days). That would make Valikorlia, at the time of elections, a 'medium'-sized server.

I don't know what you mean by 'close', though. If by close you mean we argued over masses, then yeah, we were all 'close'.

Quote:
For some reason I doubt this, because I do not remember Val holding such a high playercount during this time period.
I do.

Quote:
Anyways, Valikorlia's playerbase was always very closed and I'm 100% sure the vast majority of those who took part in the election weren't clueless dolts. I'm quite confident a pretty big number of them have had staff experience and played the server for a while. Compare this to UN/Era/Zodiac's players and you'll see why an election system just wont work.
It doesn't matter how close or how smart the players are. What matters is if the people running for manager are capable, reliable, responsible, etc. You should have a situation where the server would be just fine no matter who would be elected, where the election is just a matter of what direction the players want the server to go.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
It doesn't matter how close or how smart the players are. What matters is if the people running for manager are capable, reliable, responsible, etc. You should have a situation where the server would be just fine no matter who would be elected, where the election is just a matter of what direction the players want the server to go.
And I'm saying that on servers like UN/Zodiac/Era the majority of the players wouldn't know a "capable, reliable, responsible, etc" manager. It turns into a popularity contest instead. Valikorlians know better, if a complete **** person was running for manager he wouldn't get through.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
And I'm saying that on servers like UN/Zodiac/Era the majority of the players wouldn't know a "capable, reliable, responsible, etc" manager. It turns into a popularity contest instead. Valikorlians know better, if a complete **** person was running for manager he wouldn't get through.
I've been arguing under the assumption that PWAs wouldn't let complete nutjobs run for manager.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
free happy meal if u vote for me
I better get a nice toy like the one behind Ronald...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcdonalds.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	50884  
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
I've been arguing under the assumption that PWAs wouldn't let complete nutjobs run for manager.
who r teh pwa to decide who is good and bad?!?! LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE!!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
half agreed.

I demand a GraalOnline Global Council! Elections will be based on their knowledge and maturity! All votes for Managers and anything else, will be discussed within this council and decided on!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah! And I would have never been banned on Zodiac for nothing!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Pretty much one of the most stupid and reckless things that could ever be done to a Classic server.
This.