Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
Health System Idea

Hello everyone, I would like to propose a new health system on Era. Please read about it and give me your feedback, thank you.

Adding a blood system in conjunction with the health system will make the game-play a little more dynamic. In this case, players will have 100% blood with their health. Let’s take this into an example with how this system can work.

Prior to the battle, Player A has 100 HP and 100% blood. After battle, Player A takes in a total damage of 50 HP and had lost 20% of his blood. Since Player A only has 80% of blood remaining, Player A can only regain back 80 out of his 100 HP (80% of his HP) and nothing more. If Player A wants to go back to battle with full health, Player A must regain back all of his blood in order to regenerate his entire HP back. Player A is obligated to go to the hospital or clinic to get a blood service that replenishes his blood back to 100%, and of course the hospital will charge Player A for additional blood. This will allow hospitals to collect any disposable income from players who are looking to replenish blood such as Player A. Every player will have 100% blood and will regain it back via blood service or being revived in the hospital. The hospital beds, HP replenishing items, or time will allow players to replenish their HP.
Damages taken from battle will not result in guaranteed blood lost for each and every bullet hit. Having an “open wound” can slowly deplete your blood.

The blood system is much like the wound system on Final Fantasy XIII-2 which serves as my base in forming this idea for Era. In my opinion, it will make the battles much more interesting and force players to form strategies when going into battles.

Wait a minute, what about Armor? With this idea, armor should not be implemented as additional HP to the player’s total HP. It should be implemented as equipment that helps reduce the chance of blood lost during battle. In Spars or any event, blood lost could be temporarily disabled to ease complications and players worrying about losing their armor and blood.

Your abilities to create wonder relies on your level of imagination.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I'm going to say no. My opinion is that this will give people yet another reason NOT to PK, and actually waste time between PK. Also, let's say gangs are finally worth being in again. A gang successfully defends their base, but they're badly beaten up. You'd expect them all to leave the base they just defended so well, go all the way to the hospital (where the gang they just defeated instantly teleported to upon death) for a blood top-up?
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Didn't read the whole thing and it already looks too complex. There's nothing wrong with Era's health system right now except that upgrades have gone out of check (some players have 150+ HP which wasn't intended).
Old 02-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Graal Developer
In a sense that Era must find a way to encourage more gunfights, I agree with your argument. I was forming this idea assuming gun fights were going to be rampant. I have no problem with Era's health system other than what Cbk argued. The health needs to be balanced out amongst the players again though.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArushenP2P View Post
In a sense that Era must find a way to encourage more gunfights, I agree with your argument. I was forming this idea assuming gun fights were going to be rampant. I have no problem with Era's health system other than what Cbk argued. The health needs to be balanced out amongst the players again though.
I like the fact that you're trying to think of a way to balance health, but your proposed idea would have worse consequences for those with lower hp than for those with higher hp.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:37 AM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I like the fact that you're trying to think of a way to balance health, but your proposed idea would have worse consequences for those with lower hp than for those with higher hp.
I haven't thought of any health improvement with that idea that's why lol. The idea would be that everyone starts out with the same HP for now.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArushenP2P View Post
I haven't thought of any health improvement with that idea that's why lol. The idea would be that everyone starts out with the same HP for now.
Wouldn't everyone having the same HP be enough to balance HP, without adding the blood system? XD
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not happy with the health system now because it is quite unfair to new players. I wonder about a system where only the kills you've gotten in the past 2 weeks or so are counted. The kill requirements wouldn't be nearly as high, of course, but it would mean that you would have to keep killing each week if you wanted to keep more than 100 health. That might help to keep promoting PKing.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I'm not happy with the health system now because it is quite unfair to new players. I wonder about a system where only the kills you've gotten in the past 2 weeks or so are counted. The kill requirements wouldn't be nearly as high, of course, but it would mean that you would have to keep killing each week if you wanted to keep more than 100 health. That might help to keep promoting PKing.
Nerfing people's health every week? sounds demoralizing rather than motivating.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Sounds like it would turn PKing a chore, and a negative effect in the long-term and even in the short term because you are doing a fairly significant nerf.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Doesn't really need to change atm. Only thing wrong with it as Chris said is the overpowered bonuses that give people a base 160hp x-x
Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
Doesn't really need to change atm. Only thing wrong with it as Chris said is the overpowered bonuses that give people a base 160hp x-x
Remove the boosted HP and leave the bonuses. At least, the ones that are gained via PKing (and the business side of it, Gelat Shop). Base 100HP (or more for those who part with their real cash to get the Gelat bonus), bonus HP earned by being top 5 Bounty Hunter of the week, in the top 5 gangs for the week, had the top 5 most kills out of every player in the week, etc etc. Obviously, each week you are reset back to base unless you met certain requirements for the previous week. Don't meet any of them, you're stuck at 100HP that week. Obviously the bonuses would stack so that someone who is in top 5 Bounty Hunters AND the top 5 gangs would gain 2 bonuses, although someone else in the gang who didn't get into the top 5 bounty hunters would only receive 1 bonus, and so on. How many bonuses max a person may have at one time earned could be limited, or just a set amount of bonus-adding activities existing.

All-in-all, want your bonus HP next week? PK in a variety of ways, but keep PKing and entice your gang members to join you in securing a spot each week.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Sounds like it would turn PKing a chore, and a negative effect in the long-term and even in the short term because you are doing a fairly significant nerf.
The thinking is that at the moment PKing is so much more laborious because of the constant significant health bonus that established players have over new players. By making that bonus only temporary it'd both encourage older players to keep PKing and make it easier for new players to get involved as well.

People will probably be upset about losing their advantage, but probably not enough to quit over it, and not enough to offset the benefit of making the game easier for new players.

IMO, health isn't that much of an issue. I can't even remember a time when I was fighting somebody and we both came to one hit from death and one of us survived because of a health advantage. Usually in that situation a player would just run. And I still think running is the biggest "barrier" to PKing on Era, despite all the improvements over the years.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It wouldn't necessarily be a significant nerf—within a few days you could be close to your original health.

I would like to do something with the health system, though. It was never intended to allow players to get above 140 health, but even if it's capped, that's not really a good solution.

Health wouldn't be reset every week, it would be on a rolling basis. Only the kills from the last 7 days (or maybe 14) would count. If you got a constant amount of kills per day, your health would stay the same.

Money from killing should also probably be increased. It seems like doubling or even tripling it would be a good thing, especially since you no longer get a bonus for killing other gang members (maybe this should be fixed?).
Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
It doesn't take many kills to gain 20 levels