Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Point proven. you want to know why Eurocenter stopped putting time in this game? Because of people like you who would develop for them. Where did that get you?
Ya, I guess we just helped Graal too much. I mean, who wouldn't take advantage of our being too helpful?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Side note: Looks like they updated from the ugly blue thing it used to be, I guess they could afford better web developers now.
it's still ugly though...
Old 03-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's funny to see people complaining that "graal is dieing" but once we get some players the same people say "They scam us" (ok they were doing that before too).
We are trying to hire people from the Graal player base and also create ways for devs to make money by creating or managing servers, this is a work in progress.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It's funny to see people complaining that "graal is dieing" but once we get some players the same people say "They scam us" (ok they were doing that before too).
We are trying to hire people from the Graal player base and also create ways for devs to make money by creating or managing servers, this is a work in progress.
Great to hear
Old 03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Well, If that's true then if you need a gani artist, thinktank, or just a kind public figure, just let me know for I have an open calendar.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No one is saying you're scamming them. I think it's a matter of appreciation, or the lack of.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Where are these players? They certainly aren't on PC graal. And what makes you think that Facebook graal will be a hit? This isn't 2001 anymore, there are THOUSANDS of other games like graal - with better graphics, support, and communities.

If you new anything at all about running a business, you would know that communication with your clients is essential. It's great you and Uni decided to drop by this week, but what about next week or the week after? You shouldn't be an impossible person to reach. Imagine if the Obama administration just went silent. The U.S. would be in the dark and I am sure much conspiracies and chaos would arise. The same is happening here. Want people to think Graal is alive? Give us an update once in a while, or heres one we can all agree on - Answer the ****ing question in the thread you post in. All to many times you ignore the main question of a topic. (Someone called Uni out on that earlier in this thread.) Use those things between your legs and people will begin to respect you once more.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Where are these players? They certainly aren't on PC graal. And what makes you think that Facebook graal will be a hit? This isn't 2001 anymore, there are THOUSANDS of other games like graal - with better graphics, support, and communities.
If Angry Birds, Farmville, other "crappy" flash games can be hits. I believe Graal is just as able especially considering a lot of Graal's success is related to the social aspect of it and basically one of the only reasons it's still around today.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
This is news. I look forward to hearing more about this.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think it's less about payment and more about the fact you're so detached from the developing community. You don't work with them as fellow Graal developers. You're not always here seeing what's being worked on and helping to push it along with your authority or giving them any sort of real help, there's no constantly being around to see what sort of things they need and what type of updates they - the lifeblood of Graal - prioritize. And then when updates like this come around, there's not even so much as a nod in the direction of the people who are really responsible, the ones who have been keeping Graal playable for nothing while you were off seeing how best to milk it.

You manage it like an already finished developing platform that no longer needs updates and marketing it like a kiddie, time-wasting game.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
I guess I'll wait for this to be implemented before I start working on my server then.

If I can earn even just $100 a day from Graal that'll probably be enough to get me to quit my current job and work on a server full time.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I guess I'll wait for this to be implemented before I start working on my server then.

If I can earn even just $100 a day from Graal that'll probably be enough to get me to quit my current job and work on a server full time.
LOL. $100 a day? That's a hell of a lot of money, and the way you're so casual about it... LOL. "I'd be happy with only $100 a day. I could buy bread with that. Stale bread, but bread."

LOL.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
LOL. $100 a day? That's a hell of a lot of money, and the way you're so casual about it... LOL. "I'd be happy with only $100 a day. I could buy bread with that. Stale bread, but bread."

LOL.
A server with 1000 players per day would only need 1/3 of those players to spend $1 per day for a 30% cut to make about $100 a day.
If you're managing/developing full time (8 hours a day) 7 days a week then $700 a week only works out to be about $12.50 an hour.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Devs receive money for their help, or devs receive gelats for their help?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
A server with 1000 players per day would only need 1/3 of those players to spend $1 per day for a 30% cut to make about $100 a day.
If you're managing/developing full time (8 hours a day) 7 days a week then $700 a week only works out to be about $12.50 an hour.
Are you seriously developing 8 hours a day though? Also, you gotta think about server upkeep and other expenses on their end, and then the fact that you have a whole staff team too.
Closed Thread