Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you like a Remote Control iPhone application ?
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES 43 54.43%
No (LOOOOOOSER) 36 45.57%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Or just focus on developing for Mac?
Mac and Linux users are disadvantaged in development for graal as they don't have many of the same development tools as Windows users. I guess Linux is a little less disadvantaged than Mac as they have an external remote control already but still lacks other development tools. This will probably get better soon with the increase of internal development tools using GS2 making the tools capable for all platforms which comes to another possibility. Using the client remote control as an example, it may be possible to incorporate the remote control into a separate application without having to login to the graal client to use the remote control, essentially turning the client remote control into an external one. This could be used on the iPhone as a remote control and may be easier to implement than a remote control that isn't using GS2 as a basis. Although this is just a thought and I don't know how possible it would be to implement.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Voted yea but I'll just say that Stefan is fail @ business. I won't elaborate because nothing will come from it, it's been over a decade now right. If you look at Graal and it's development as a journey how far has it gone? Imo it has sat down for a few years, gotten scared and confused and backtracked, then went off course.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Voted yea but I'll just say that Stefan is fail @ business. I won't elaborate because nothing will come from it, it's been over a decade now right. If you look at Graal and it's development as a journey how far has it gone? Imo it has sat down for a few years, gotten scared and confused and backtracked, then went off course.
Just saying i believe its unixmad that you wanna pin your blame at if anyone.

stefan is an authority i suppose on this **** but unixmad controls the entire thing.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
sounds ok, focus on pc client first plx
Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Sorry to boom topic off course, but I have to partially disagree - and it's not because I hold any good-will towards Stefan.

They have created an engine (and a process) which slip-streams iPhone development down to practically nothing. That's a pretty impressive feat. The nicest thing is the new game engine makes it possible to publish ubiquitously across mobile platforms... and that, my wee little e-friend, is kick ass.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Aside from it having questionable uses, how would it be distributed? Wouldn't you have to jailbreak your iPhone? It's not exactly something that can be published through iTunes.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
It's not exactly something that can be published through iTunes.
I think that maybe the existing Classic Graal for iPhone app is using the guts of v6. So maybe it already is published through iTunes?
Old 01-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I think that maybe the existing Classic Graal for iPhone app is using the guts of v6. So maybe it already is published through iTunes?
His point is though that iTune apps are available to everyone, much like in a store. Graal can go there because it's being marketted as a game. However, RC, a tool, will be odd because everyone can browse and see it in the store, but they'll have no clue what it's for.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
His point is though that iTune apps are available to everyone, much like in a store. Graal can go there because it's being marketted as a game. However, RC, a tool, will be odd because everyone can browse and see it in the store, but they'll have no clue what it's for.
I thought v6 was using scripted RC only? And if the current iPhone app uses v6 then it would also support the current iteration of the scripted RC?

So they could just add the option to "Log in as RC" to the current iPhone app?

I can't see it being done any other way. Stefan definitely won't re-script the RC, he has said for years that he's not updating the current stand-alone RC because it's going scripted only. And in order to use the scripted RC on the iPhone it would need to be packaged with the bones of the client anyway, so they might as well include it in the existing app?
Old 01-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
You can issue test versions of software to up to 100 users - would probably be perfect for RC on iPhone.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I hate typing on the iphone enough as it is. So other than that, I wouldn't have any use of it.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Yeah... I can imagine myself doing what clockworks signature is doing but with a big frown and ya know.... Not looking like a girl.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Wink Xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I'd have to say yes, not directly for the reason of the iPhone. As Chris said in another thread it would help the development for a Mac Remote Control which would be a big plus for many users.
MAC COMPUTERS DON'T HAVE REMOTE CONTROL?!? haha fail

One more reason why this is true:

PC > MAC

Mac Users ==> <== Mac Users

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe after developing is actually on the iPhone.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
PC > MAC
Cali V2