Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Professional Rebel
Messiah will become famous soon enough
Open mobile servers or open-source

One of these needs to happen for PC to survive. This game has been dead for far too long. Either mobile servers need to be open to PC players or this game needs to go open source. Honestly either would benefit greatly.

Doubt Stefan or whoever owns this now even cares since mobile is making a killing, but who knows..
Old 02-06-2016, 03:31 AM
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
that is too much work, graal itself has no incentive for players to keep playing.

you can play ios servers on your pc via facebook or html link

http://classic.graalonline.com
http://era.graalonline.com
http://zone.graalonline.com
Old 02-06-2016, 06:16 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
One of these needs to happen for PC to survive. This game has been dead for far too long. Either mobile servers need to be open to PC players or this game needs to go open source. Honestly either would benefit greatly.

Doubt Stefan or whoever owns this now even cares since mobile is making a killing, but who knows..
I'm pretty sure if PC even had access to mobile servers, Graal PC wouldn't thrive. The client is even dead, and it took some serious skillful players to create a new RC with MUCH needed options and upgrades. The game just needs updating on multiple servers that can't be done unless tons of script is upgraded, which takes time and money unfortunately.

Open source MIGHT help the game but then you'd need to find players that want to spend time learning how to script and are actively going to help build servers.

Stefan is no longer in the picture. He went on to create a new game with NicoX which is a whole different story in itself. Unixmad is the sole owner of Graal Online and Graal Mobile.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Era iPhone PRA
Anero is an unknown quantity at this point
The FB-client is horrible, that's a fact.

Since I am staff on Era iPhone/Ol' West, I can play through the client and I have zero issues. The game is so much smoother.

I don't know why the iServers aren't open to everyone on PC, I'm sure it would attract a lot of the remaining PC-players.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anero View Post
I don't know why the iServers aren't open to everyone on PC, I'm sure it would attract a lot of the remaining PC-players.
I've been saying this for a long time now. I think the FB client was preferred because of the way you can network with other players and get all them FB likes, but it's silly not to allow the PC client in.

At most some GUI changes would be nice but not required.