Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2015, 10:30 PM
JohnnyChimpo is on a distinguished road
SQLite

Please update the SQLite version in Graal. Is there a particular reason why it is so far behind? The current version is from 2009-03-31 (3.6.12).

Running the query:

SELECT sqlite_version() AS 'SQLite Version';

Produces: 3.6.12

Last edited by JohnnyChimpo; 03-16-2015 at 10:58 PM..
Old 03-17-2015, 12:49 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Out of curiosity, what new things are you hoping to use?
Old 03-17-2015, 12:52 AM
http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html

I would like to use triggers and foreign keys to improve referential integrity of the data.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
hard copies is where it's at if you want 2 retain integrity. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+spiral+notebook+amazon
Old 03-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
hard copies is where it's at if you want 2 retain integrity. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+spiral+notebook+amazon
Either you don't understand the concept of referential integrity, or you do not understand the importance of keeping packages up to date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referential_integrity.

On a side note, trolling a well intentioned post makes you look foolish.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
or you do not understand the importance of keeping packages up to date.
Actually, there is such a thing as upgrading to soon. You don't wanna be the person testing an unstable release. Also some versions of software seem to have butter zones where there not as vulnerable. Take these forums for example, you notice they are out dated and if you look up exploits you won't find any. There are however exploits to both before and after versions of VBB. Also, there is some importance keeping older software to help prevent deprecated functions or fully removed for that matter.

Also, which feature of SQLite achieves what you desire that cannot be done in the current version? I wouldn't go as far as cubes and hand write all my dada out but having backup copy of the data is usually highly recommended.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Actually, there is such a thing as upgrading to soon. You don't wanna be the person testing an unstable release. Also some versions of software seem to have butter zones where there not as vulnerable. Take these forums for example, you notice they are out dated and if you look up exploits you won't find any. There are however exploits to both before and after versions of VBB. Also, there is some importance keeping older software to help prevent deprecated functions or fully removed for that matter.

Also, which feature of SQLite achieves what you desire that cannot be done in the current version? I wouldn't go as far as cubes and hand write all my dada out but having backup copy of the data is usually highly recommended.
I have to agree that you must be cautious when updating packages, but that shouldn't restrict one from doing it. However it does depend on the circumstance and one must weigh the risk. Additionally, when creating new releases in software, a lot of care is taken to not produce breaking changes. And if it is absolutely necessary than it is commented, in a professional environment. Furthermore, I would have to agree that backing up mission critical data is in general a good practice. Just so we are not misunderstood, it isn't backing up of data I am concerned about. I interested in making in more convenient to maintain the data as well countless bug fixes, memory optimizations. I am not going to list everything that we are missing out on, I linked the release notes above. You do bring up some great points, and I appreciate the concerns, but I think that the development team should definitely do an evaluation at some point in the near future.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Bump
Old 04-04-2015, 01:19 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get your hopes up.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Don't get your hopes up.
Nor should we accept that as an end all be all statement.