FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 10:17 PM
God-Emperor of Era
cheesemanfred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
You used an extremely key word there...

As PoJo posted somewhere else I was just reading 'Theoretically pigs can evolve to the point where they can achieve flight' which makes your point extremely weak...

The general rule of thumb for Graal is 'If it looks good on paper, it probably won't work'.

Mixing things around with random price values and hoping things will even themselves out is not how you fix the problem. At this point they need to take actions and preparations to manually fix the problem themselves. The whole 'pawn shop' idea could theoretically cause as many [or more] problems as it solves.
I agree, but this is just one way that they're attempting to avoid a reset (or so I would think). Personally, I have no problem with a reset, most of the players who have anything on Era haven't worked to get it anyway, and it would screw over anyone who sells items for real currency, which makes me happy just to think about.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemanfred View Post
I agree, but this is just one way that they're attempting to avoid a reset (or so I would think). Personally, I have no problem with a reset, most of the players who have anything on Era haven't worked to get it anyway, and it would screw over anyone who sells items for real currency, which makes me happy just to think about.
I agree with you there completely
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
why reset?? there are also people who worked loads and r rich..insane mining levels
i think a reset would just kill the server cuz loads of ppl would quit
Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 PM
God-Emperor of Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
why reset?? there are also people who worked loads and r rich..insane mining levels
How many people have worked hard to become rich? Very few. If there were a reset, and they worked as hard as they do now, they would be the rewarded by becoming the richest players on the server. As compared to now, where even if you work very hard, you can't become nearly as wealthy as someone like you. You have millions of dollars worth of items, yet you have a mining level less than 10, and I bet you haven't spent more than 5 hours digging shells. It's not a personal attack, it's just an example of how unfairly the wealth is distributed.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemanfred View Post
How many people have worked hard to become rich? Very few. If there were a reset, and they worked as hard as they do now, they would be the rewarded by becoming the richest players on the server. As compared to now, where even if you work very hard, you can't become nearly as wealthy as someone like you. You have millions of dollars worth of items, yet you have a mining level less than 10, and I bet you haven't spent more than 5 hours digging shells. It's not a personal attack, it's just an example of how unfairly the wealth is distributed.
honestly i only worked after era reset and from then i merched..plus i got 2flaks+bow with ecs
merching is the most effective way of making money on era and itll always be, even if it resets
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
unless ecs and items from ecs become untradable.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:52 PM
God-Emperor of Era
Quote:
honestly i only worked after era reset and from then i merched..plus i got 2flaks+bow with ecs
merching is the most effective way of making money on era and itll always be, even if it resets
Well, EC items is a totally different issue, but buying and selling guns wouldn't make nearly as much money if there were a pawn system from the beginning of the reset. Obviously, prices would have to be adjusted periodically after a reset to keep up with inflation.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Most players with a mining level above 30 (Cecil, Reece, Danny, Suki, Catbert, John, etc?) ALREADY quit BECAUSE they worked so hard to realize they were just as poor as everyone else because the economy is so broken. I've personally talked to all of them, and that is at least one of the contributing reasons.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
why does era even need an economy? just make it strictly pking and I bet you more people will start playing than quitting. I talk to players about it on the iPhone all the time and they always say that PC Era guns are too expensive and they just quit after being killed a few times.

If you're just starting era without any graal experience or friends on the server it's almost impossible to get anywhere.

And if there's a reset no body would quit, but there will always be economy problems no matter what, that's why it should be turned more into the iPhone server (in the sense that ALL guns are easy to obtain.)
Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Era Iphone PlayerRelation
DDynasty is on a distinguished road
I agree with donark, why have a controlled economy? Release every gun in a shop for an LOW price and problem solved. I think more people would play era for pking if everyone had the same guns. Keep the weight system on there so that way noone can carry over 100 guns or so, but keep it just for pking not merchanting and yadayada, just keep it for pking with all the guns released, even though it wont happen its a GOOD idea.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
why does era even need an economy? just make it strictly pking and I bet you more people will start playing than quitting. I talk to players about it on the iPhone all the time and they always say that PC Era guns are too expensive and they just quit after being killed a few times.

If you're just starting era without any graal experience or friends on the server it's almost impossible to get anywhere.

And if there's a reset no body would quit, but there will always be economy problems no matter what, that's why it should be turned more into the iPhone server (in the sense that ALL guns are easy to obtain.)

i would quit, and so would any other ppl

but nich i can assure u that id become rich again if i wanted to, i did it before reset, after reset and when i came back ans my stuff in total was under 200k...pawn system or not lmao
Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i would quit, and so would any other ppl

but nich i can assure u that id become rich again if i wanted to, i did it before reset, after reset and when i came back ans my stuff in total was under 200k...pawn system or not lmao
You're contradicting yourself.
If you could make it again so easily after a reset, why would you quit then?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDynasty View Post
I agree with donark, why have a controlled economy? Release every gun in a shop for an LOW price and problem solved. I think more people would play era for pking if everyone had the same guns. Keep the weight system on there so that way noone can carry over 100 guns or so, but keep it just for pking not merchanting and yadayada, just keep it for pking with all the guns released, even though it wont happen its a GOOD idea.
I agree that short-term it is a great idea. However, long-term you need to have weapons of a variety of prices. Look at games such as Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, etc, what they have in common is stuff you need to work towards. Better weapons, a higher rank (prestige 15), and what not. While Era can go about finding new ways of keeping players attention (possibly have a ranking system on Era?), items is a good way to keep users interested.

HOWEVER, what Era does wrong is that, all your hard work doesn't pay off. If I work hard on COD, i can get a high rank and unlock some new stuff. On Era though, thats not true. Weapons are limited, so you may have to wait months to find a player with a gun, or a friend of yours might just get a spawned/cst weapon after just starting the other day.

In my opinion, the Gun admin needs to sit down and actually figure out a pricing system, and then to keep the gun within that range, make sure their is constant supply of them, and that they are in the pawnshop.

With prices fixed, it will also be better for new players. The hardest thing on Era is figuring out how much a gun is worth (IMO). Especially when you new, people just try to scam you. Unfortunately this would make merching very difficult, but this is where player jobs make their comeback. Open more player shops, add more npc jobs (farming, fishing, etc) and players can make money the way it was intended.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
kane90247 is on a distinguished road
I lol'd how the ACR is a Desert Raven+MP5. Whoever the current guns admin must be a retard.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I'd kill to work for guns, combines needed skill towards better guns. One could mine for a year and make a million dollars but suck at pking and resorts to lame technics with their shiny new pbp or, nowadays, ACR.