Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
wow contego LOL

Unholy Nation IS Classic, and both are Graal <--- *****

5. And make a hat economy like UN offers. Place random hats, and give out hats of anyones choosing as a sign on bonus, limit 5.

that suggestion is just dumb 0_0 classic do not need to look like UN
Hat economy is better than Trading Cards.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
Hat economy is better than Trading Cards.
card game is a huge fail
Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 PM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
If you're trying to make Classic into Unholy Nation, then I don't know why you're not just trying to get Unholy Nation to improve itself.
Unholy Nation is fine the way it is, and classic would be fine as a basic server but everyone keeps mentioning new dev. Well the best way to dev for classic would be to gather ideas other servers currently have, especially if they have been successful. I highly doubt hes saying turn classic into UN, hes just saying what they have done has worked and it would get people to come to classic as well as give the players more to do.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Well the best way to dev for classic would be to gather ideas other servers currently have, especially if they have been successful. I highly doubt hes saying turn classic into UN, hes just saying what they have done has worked and it would get people to come to classic as well as give the players more to do.
Copying saturated and uninspired ideas will not place Classic at a competitive advantage.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
known
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
wow contego LOL

Unholy Nation IS Classic, and both are Graal <--- *****

5. And make a hat economy like UN offers. Place random hats, and give out hats of anyones choosing as a sign on bonus, limit 5.

that suggestion is just dumb 0_0 classic do not need to look like UN
are you ever going to reply with good input or just put downs? I don't see you pitching 1 idea...and you're not giving any constructive input on others ideas...

It's not about looking like UN. You people need to put your grudges against people who play other servers down. Certainly not contributing in any way to this thread or classic. Besides, kind of hypocritical of a lot of classic players anyway since i see them on UN all the time.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM
known
Quote:
Copying saturated and uninspired ideas will not place Classic at a competitive advantage.
saturated and uninspired? a hat system is part of every server really, and its a way to have an economy, so thats not copying. as far as classic npcs go, I'm not saying copy UN's, I'm saying to create your own and bring back some old school ones.

Adding content that can be traded and bought will bring players and keep people busy.

What would you want to see on classic for an economy and npcs?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
saturated and uninspired? a hat system is part of every server really, and its a way to have an economy, so thats not copying.
You've just answered your own question.

Quote:
What would you want to see on classic for an economy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
In old Classic there used to be quite a lot of uses for gelats and there was never an economy behind it. Items such as the trident was sold for gelats at pretty high prices, and we didn't all have access to massive fundings like we do now so they were pretty hard to get. We also had upgrades to buy such as skins for the rat form and bird shot, food that healed such as burger refuge burgers, ice creams, we have boots now that are pretty high priced and the possibilities are quite high. There was a use for cutting down bushes and gaining gelats, but this wasn't a part of an economy, it was a part of the game lore. With more players you end up gaining less event wins and therefore less tickets. There does need to be a revision in the GC prizes, and the selection could do with a few more useful items, but again this doesn't require an economy like the one most people think of.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
saturated and uninspired? a hat system is part of every server really, and its a way to have an economy, so thats not copying. as far as classic npcs go, I'm not saying copy UN's, I'm saying to create your own and bring back some old school ones.

Adding content that can be traded and bought will bring players and keep people busy.

What would you want to see on classic for an economy and npcs?
For one, a more improved sparring and events economy.

Example, wins and losses ratio.

PM the server 'top 20' for results. This is the direction Classic should have taken.

It's what Classic only knew once you completed the quests but we never took development in that direction.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Quote:
For one, a more improved sparring and events economy.

Example, wins and losses ratio.

PM the server 'top 20' for results. This is the direction Classic should have taken.
"/rank spar"
"/rank pk"
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Quote:
"/rank spar"
"/rank pk"
Mhm, I said a more improved. Please read the above examples.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Mhm, I said a more improved. Please read the above examples.
I don't see how what you suggested is anything different from what we already have?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
Quote:
I don't see how what you suggested is anything different from what we already have?
Let me copy paste for you.

"Example, wins and losses ratio.

PM the server 'top 20' for results. This is the direction Classic should have taken."
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
In old Classic there used to be quite a lot of uses for gelats and there was never an economy behind it. Items such as the trident was sold for gelats at pretty high prices, and we didn't all have access to massive fundings like we do now so they were pretty hard to get. We also had upgrades to buy such as skins for the rat form and bird shot, food that healed such as burger refuge burgers, ice creams, we have boots now that are pretty high priced and the possibilities are quite high. There was a use for cutting down bushes and gaining gelats, but this wasn't a part of an economy, it was a part of the game lore. With more players you end up gaining less event wins and therefore less tickets. There does need to be a revision in the GC prizes, and the selection could do with a few more useful items, but again this doesn't require an economy like the one most people think of.
Yeah I would love to see old NPCs like trident, rat form, bruges bird, birdshot all come back but they seem like quest items. I think quests with a good storyline, and also integrate possible npcs you get from achieving a quest, to follow up with the next quest or side quests. (ex: you get rat form from a quest and youre hinted to go somewhere to use it, and if you find this place theres a hidden incentive) <thats just thinking a bit outside I guess.

Gralats on classic are somewhat easy to come by, so if they could be traded for tickets, they should be pricey, as well as npcs bought with gralats should be pricey. Just because you can go and chop bushes of course :P

The main issue with classics economy will be pricing. As far as it not requiring an economy regardless of what kind it is, it does need one.

Hats
NPCs
Tickets
Possible other ways of making money (ex: mining)
An events, sparring and possibly pking rank system WITH INCENTIVE, possible reward at the end of each month. Even an overall ranking system of all time would be nice.
Also, a guild warring system in place would be awesome, mainly for use for public guilds at any time, but also could be integrated into an event. (ex: 2 guilds, even teams, no npcs, 3 hearts, kill counter) they would fight til a guild has reached the kill limit.

Theres endless possibilites towards new development on graal, we just have to put our minds together and figure them out
Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I think he meant something like how what Ibo had in his old spar.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
known
I also would like to add that just the discussion of improving classic has seemed to have some effect on classics player count lately. A lot of the people I talked to said they would love a change of scenery from their current servers and that feel of classic. Hit detection is still the main issue from what I have heard from them, but even like contego said, putting default HD in a lot of main areas would be effective temporarily. Especially if it could be integrated server wide. If possible, a toggle for the hit detection would be awesome, then people who actually like the current one could use it freely, but I am sure this would cause many problems, if even possible. Just a thought though...