Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Regarding the "Testbed Server - Open once again!" news entry...

I like how whomever made it is sending people to Tig, Chompy and Aeko. Tig has not spent more than a minute at a time once a week or so on Testbed for countless of months, Chompy doesn't even play Graal and Aeko isn't really ever there either. Why not actually help people and direct them to the one person with enough rights who actually spend hours on Testbed a day - Mallard (DrakilorP2P)?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by xXziroXx; 12-12-2010 at 07:06 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
You can probably also reach some people with rights at the #graaldt IRC channel. I don't remember all of them but I can post a list when the server hosting Testbed stops being down and I can read serveroptions.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Chompy, is around still and can be contacted VIA MSN. Dusty is also very active with the rights to add people although I think his RC there is bugged. And Tig is faithfully on a Public aim where just about any player can contact him.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My RC won't show the staff in serveroptions anymore. It just shows a blank line so I can't actually add staff. I mean I could possibly use scripted-RC, though.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I still actively read emails and forum PMs and I add people to testbed on a weekly basis. It isn't difficult to contact me, and as MysticalDragon said, you know as well as everybody else that I am the only global who still puts up with having a public AIM for this community because I firmly believe that paying customers should have fast access to support in case of an emergency (Ben might have a public one, I'm not sure). I don't understand how I could be more helpful than that, please direct me.

Regardless, Testbed is down right now. I will update the login message next time I see it online to include Drakilor_P2P.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 12-12-2010 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I still actively read emails and forum PMs and I add people to testbed on a weekly basis. It isn't difficult to contact me, and as MysticalDragon said, you know as well as everybody else that I am the only global who still puts up with having a public AIM for this community because I firmly believe that paying customers should have fast access to support in case of an emergency (Ben might have a public one, I'm not sure). I don't understand how I could be more helpful than that, please direct me.

Regardless, Testbed is down right now. I will update the login message next time I see it online to include Drakilor_P2P.
My point is that I doubt new players wanting access to testbed will go through the effort of contacting people through AIM/MSN/email/forum PM for access to Testbed. All they do is PM literally everyone online asking if they can have RC, and there's only one guy that's around to help them with that - Mallard.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
My point is that I doubt new players wanting access to testbed will go through the effort of contacting people through AIM/MSN/email/forum PM for access to Testbed. All they do is PM literally everyone online asking if they can have RC, and there's only one guy that's around to help them with that - Mallard.
I understand, but if they cannot follow directions to apply for Testbed, then they obviously do not need it badly enough. I cannot really force people to apply to Testbed if they need to use it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
i'd say, clean the rc access to people who haven't been on for a month or so, because as it was in the beginning with that GUI that you could signup to testbed, most people just applied and never came back to testbed ever again, witch i find is a critical issue, people having access that doesn't even log on makes a mess on testbed in my opinion.
and a lot of those probably doesn't have gold anymore.
i'm going to have to say that, people are begin scared away of using testbed because of all the cluttered scripts that fills the NC lists.

i can see that, cleaning testbed out now and then could cause problems for those who isn't on testbed all the time, but does use it, but i can't see any other way to clear testbed out so that new users who does want to use it, can use it without begin scared of all those scripts that you can't read anyway.
I'm not sure how this is on topic. Maybe you can post it in the other thread and include an example or two of people who left Testbed because they were scared of script clutter.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
i'd say, clean the rc access to people who haven't been on for a month or so, because as it was in the beginning with that GUI that you could signup to testbed, most people just applied and never came back to testbed ever again, witch i find is a critical issue, people having access that doesn't even log on makes a mess on testbed in my opinion.
i'm going to have to say that, people are begin scared away of using testbed because of all the cluttered scripts that fills the NC lists.

i can see that, cleaning testbed out now and then could cause problems for those who isn't on testbed all the time, but does use it, but i can't see any other way to clear testbed out so that new users who does want to use it, can use it without begin scared of all those scripts that you can't read anyway.
If people can't take a few seconds to figure out how everything is structured on Testbed then they're probably not going to be a very good coder anyways.

I'd be less inclined to use Testbed if I came back after a month-long vacation to find that my work was deleted so that people wouldn't be afraid of a long list of files (lol?).
Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:

or just make them watch

Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Chris Vimes super-duper tutorials
Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't hurt to purge Testbed of people (and their scripts) who haven't logged in for a couple months without any kind of notice.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:18 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Wouldn't hurt to purge Testbed of people (and their scripts) who haven't logged in for a couple months without any kind of notice.
It would hurt the scripters. I've used Testbed a lot, and sometimes I just don't feel like scripting for a few months... then I do and I go to testbed. I'd be pretty mad to see my scripts suddenly missing. I mean ya, you should keep backups of anything important but I don't see a reason to start purging if there's no need.

Testbed is going to be messy regardless of how well you clean it up, it comes with the territory.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
It's not even really "messy" imo. Yeah there's a lot of files, but there's still some kind of organization to it all.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:57 AM
My only gripe is that the prefixes can obscure quite a bit(which was very problematic in the earlier Scripted-RC since you couldn't resize the left panel of the weapons window). It would be good if RC hid weapons you didn't have access to.