Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:18 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
will the new client support flying technology
Old 07-28-2016, 09:03 PM
samich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to samich
Been a long time since I've posted, but it was kind of nice to hear something is happening. Although, anytime stuff pops up on these forums about "new thing coming soon," I have to catch myself and remember how things have gone for the past 3 years in terms of progress.

I hop on to read these forums every so often, and it has always been a fading light that someday things will get better. To offer my two cents on the unity news, I've never been too fond of the whole 3D gameplay aspect of graal. I know there is a crowd out there that enjoys it, but I'm primarily a 2D developer. It would be relieving to hear that a classic style server is still possible, as others have mentioned here. If there was any other question you could answer Unix, at least tell me we're getting the whole platform converted, instead of a half-baked 3D re-release of the game.

Unity is the way to go, though, so bravo on choosing something modern that could get a lot of devs back on board for building content for servers. As a Java and C# backend developer, I'll happily try out any dev stuff that stems from the Unity build (assuming there will still be some form of script/plugin capabilities -- please no more gscript).
Old 07-28-2016, 10:15 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzative View Post
I'd still love to see a classic server to play in the mean time whilst N-Pulse is being worked on. I think GTA should just get a full release on Playerworlds and onto Facebook.
I'm pretty sure every cognizant sane individual in the graalosphere concurs wholeheartedly. The problem here is that the two out of one thousand people who consistently fail to understand the glaring logic in such a notion happen to be in charge of Graal. It's just common sense to take advantage of an extremely well designed and playable server, especially in a time when there aren't any other ones of those lying around.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I'm pretty sure every cognizant sane individual in the graalosphere concurs wholeheartedly. The problem here is that the two out of one thousand people who consistently fail to understand the glaring logic in such a notion happen to be in charge of Graal. It's just common sense to take advantage of an extremely well designed and playable server, especially in a time when there aren't any other ones of those lying around.
Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm just hoping since unixmad is on this thread that he see's the demand for a Classic server on client and allows the release of GTA, there is no doubt I believe GTA would get a higher playercount than the majority of the current playerworld servers...I just don't see what the problem is.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
We don't drop the PC client at all.

We are working on a completely new client based on unity, the first project using this new client is a 3d version of Era. The new client will include new development tools, like a 3d map editor compatible with tablets.

In the meantime I don't see reasons to spend time on releasing a new client, we don't have any major bug: the disconnection bug have been fixed long time ago and was server side.
Would be great to see ongoing previews of this. Keep the interest flowing!
Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
We don't drop the PC client at all.

We are working on a completely new client based on unity, the first project using this new client is a 3d version of Era. The new client will include new development tools, like a 3d map editor compatible with tablets.

In the meantime I don't see reasons to spend time on releasing a new client, we don't have any major bug: the disconnection bug have been fixed long time ago and was server side.
Unity + Steam Early access... let the money flow in. Even if it's underwhelming it'll still print money.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:30 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
we don't have any major bug
For Graal v6:
-significantly slow startup time on windows 10 only
-game will randomly crash when switching servers on windows 10
-hackers still running rampant, stefan used to say that v5 -> v6 would help fix it but it didnt

level editor needs to use fowlplay4's workaround or it doesn't work on windows 10.

owell
Old 08-02-2016, 05:42 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
3d era

the future is coming
Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Nah nah, 3D Era once its released will be outdated already. We need VR Era in 4K
Old 08-06-2016, 06:51 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Development on the PC servers may be dead- but it's not on the iOS servers. We use in game tools to design levels and gani's. (Staff can use external if they want, but they don't)

I've never crashed using Graal 6 on the iOS servers. I believe it's a server issue which is causing the crashing? Have you tried reconnecting several times to hosted servers to test your theory on it crashing? If yes, I stand corrected.
---Just tried logging on Era PC server, I crashed. Runs slow too - never had this lag on iEra.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Development on the PC servers may be dead- but it's not on the iOS servers. We use in game tools to design levels and gani's. (Staff can use external if they want, but they don't)

I've never crashed using Graal 6 on the iOS servers. I believe it's a server issue which is causing the crashing? Have you tried reconnecting several times to hosted servers to test your theory on it crashing? If yes, I stand corrected.
---Just tried logging on Era PC server, I crashed. Runs slow too - never had this lag on iEra.
Classic > Era
Old 08-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Distorted has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Distorted Send a message via AIM to Distorted
snake is just jealous of the client because his server has the worst community overall
Old 08-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
snake is just jealous of the client because his server has the worst community overall
Who calls him 'snake'?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:00 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
Who calls him 'snake'?
ssssnk
Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
ssssnk
Closed Thread