Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
no
devil_lord2 tl;dr bro, give me some cliffnotes

The more important things were highlighted in red, as Mattkan graciously requests in the past. :]

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It'd be nicer if people focused on creating (and open-sourcing) content that could help multiple servers and/or Graal in general.

I.e: Generic RPG Systems, Updated/Beautiful Tilesets (Looking at you Delteria), etc.

UC servers would look and run a lot nicer (and may even succeed in the long run) if they didn't have to re-invent the wheel every time and had solid bases to work from.
Are you suggesting we drop our current project to donate our images to graal? If that's the case why don't you donate that Nice ass Instance System your working on for iZodiac?
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-29-2011, 02:25 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
topic states "PC GRAAL IS DOOMED" but is taking the iPod version into account..

Wouldn't it be easier to create a forum thread for "PC Graal is dying" posts and avoid them, rather then trying to deter half the population from creating them?
Players from iPod/Facebook do find their way onto PC Graal, the iPod/Facebook effect on the player count is one of the reasons why Graal is actually growing again.

No, because it's a complete lie and/or over-exaggeration of problems that only occur on poorly maintained servers like UN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Are you suggesting we drop our current project to donate our images to graal? If that's the case why don't you donate that Nice ass Instance System your working on for iZodiac?
Because it's proprietary and not a drop-in solution for other servers. If the demand is there, I can release a suitable 'Instance Generator'.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I think most of the threads I've seen related to UN have been focused solely on UN, so this is being pretty unfair.

If you pointed out any recent Graal is dying threads, I'd be willing to bet they weren't made by a UN player.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I still don't get that, There are plenty of "Dead" Servers around. Why take or better yet make such suggestions when the server is being actively worked on more then some of those dead classic servers?
[email protected]

Old 04-29-2011, 02:38 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I think most of the threads I've seen related to UN have been focused solely on UN, so this is being pretty unfair.

If you pointed out any recent Graal is dying threads, I'd be willing to bet they weren't made by a UN player.
It is more accurate to say that UN is dying than Graal is dying, is it not? So what's the probrem?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Global Administration
hmm

UN isn't doing that bad compared to the other current servers.
For there content I think there hanging in there extremely well. I seen Zodiac with 10 players the other day. so Yea I would say its graal as a whole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newfile.png
Views:	565
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	52770  
[email protected]

Old 04-29-2011, 03:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
For there content I think there hanging in there extremely well. I seen Zodiac with 10 players the other day. so Yea I would say its graal as a whole.
Where are you pulling these numbers out of?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If the amount of RCs/Staff is greater than (or close to) the amount of Graal###### accounts that are on, I'd say they're doing pretty terribly and not attracting any new players at all.

It's not just a player count problem with UN either, they've done ****-all for maintenance of the actual server or making changes toward providing a better experience for newer players.

Based on what I've seen/read I'm hoping Mark Sir Link can turn that around, but even then he's at mercy of the incompetence of the staff and admins above him who will probably prevent him from making any significant progress.

Zodiac with a 10 playercount, at what 4 AM or when the Login server wasn't working correctly?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
<Insert Server> has a low playercount this very moment. Its dead!

Server playercounts fluctuate...drastically...if there was some good content, there would be higher playercount. This also fits in with subscription prices, but thats a whole 'nother story. (And hopefully will be fixed soon, Stefan >: [)

UN Is not doing good, because theres nothing to freaking do on UN. I logged on the other day, and there was absolutely nothing new...I logged on the day before easter and asked the staff what was planned for Easter. The answers I got back was either "I dont know", "Nothing", or "I dont log on enough to know".

I even asked Crono, and he just said "X and X were working on stuff". The day before Easter...Easter used to be such a good holiday for Graal...you didnt have to make quests...you didnt have to come up with super awesome weapons...you threw some eggs onto the gmap...and people were content.

But, apparently, we cant even do that now! But, I will stop there so this doesn't because a 'flam UN' post, but w/e.

Anyways, my point is...well, idk, I started typing this post, and it flew off in another direction; so excuse me if this post makes absolutely no sense. lol

I think the point I was going to make at the beginning was that PC Graal is "dieing" because theres no worth while content to make people stay, and nothing to look forward to. o_o

P.S. PC GRAAL IS DOOMED

Old 04-29-2011, 03:22 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
I even asked Crono, and he just said "X and X were working on stuff".
note that he is referring to absolut_crono, not me ))
Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Its been full of them since I came around ¬¬.