Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2017, 06:31 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I'm not sure if I like the idea of all hats removing the hair sprite. For something like a helmet it makes sense, but not for something like a tiara or crown. Maybe it should be a toggleable option.
For clarification they don't remove it but use an alternate sprite sheet. So we can do custom stuff however we want.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
New barber shop idea I'm working on. The concept is that you will be allowed one free hairstyle per day, and changing it after that costs a small amount (maybe 5 gralats). The hairstyles and colors will randomize every so often. Each hairstyle has 64 colors.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	barbershopexample.png
Views:	367
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	55991  
Old 06-09-2017, 07:03 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
As a LAT it is funny how many times you see that exact room configuration.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:31 PM
G2k1
Quote:
As a LAT it is funny how many times you see that exact room configuration.
I threw this together fast as a test level so design is not final, but I have rarely if ever seen anyone get 2-tier house inside tiling correct as you can see here. You see people repeat the house walls for the basement floor when the correct solution is castle tiles which are cleverly made to link up with the bottom of house walls.

In the future I plan on making more diagonal walls, like I did for castle insides.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:08 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
With the heads being separate, customizable heads with elements (hair, at least, idk what all you've got) versus the "classic" head style, where does this leave "non-human" style heads/atypical skin colors ("cynober")?

Like zorbi
Old 06-10-2017, 06:37 AM
G2k1
Zormite is one of the races that will definitely be in the game. Not sure how I'm gonna execute it but Zormite is one of the Kingdoms that will be a staple no matter what.

The original idea Konidias had implemented is that you transform into a Zormite by drinking this Zormite potion:

Konidias developed Zormite characters for Bomy Island that look like this:

But I am not sure if those are what I want to use, really I want to make it possible to build your own Zormite character face like you can with humans.
I want them to look more like traditional Graal Zorbi/Zormite characters as well.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2017, 07:24 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I'm not really a fan of the whole idea. Being turned into a Zormite via potion makes it sound like a mutation which in my opinion dishonors them. Zormite isn't a transformation, they're a noble race!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:21 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Yeah I'm not really a fan of the whole idea. Being turned into a Zormite via potion makes it sound like a mutation which in my opinion dishonors them. Zormite isn't a transformation, they're a noble race!
I like the idea of potions and the graphics they made but I don't think they're appropriate for Zormite and the context of playing as a Zormite character. Yes we will honor the proud ethnic Zormite race. It was actually the first kingdom I joined back in the day.

Really having alternate races like Human, Zormite, etc makes more sense than having Bomy players. There are also graphics that were made for a kappa/turtle race and a wolf race.

One problem I had with Konidias' vision for the server is that he planned to get rid of bottles as a means to store liquids, and instead wanted to make it so bottles appear only as an icon for stuff.
I like the idea of bottles being a practical item that can be used to store stuff, and always was a fan of how it worked on old school 2k1, so I won't be using these sprites for stuff like Zormite Potions.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:57 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Really having alternate races like Human, Zormite, etc makes more sense than having Bomy players. There are also graphics that were made for a kappa/turtle race and a wolf race.
Ha. Reminds me of when Tyhm tried the same sort of thing on Classic. It wasn't well received, mainly because the races weren't properly balanced and certain skills were bugged. Also it wasn't really fitting of a Classic style spar server. But I thought it was a pretty novel idea and incredibly innovative at the time. I'd definitely be interested if you tried the same thing on your server.

I wonder if any of Tyhm's old work on this still exists?
Old 06-10-2017, 04:13 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Ha. Reminds me of when Tyhm tried the same sort of thing on Classic. It wasn't well received, mainly because the races weren't properly balanced and certain skills were bugged. Also it wasn't really fitting of a Classic style spar server. But I thought it was a pretty novel idea and incredibly innovative at the time. I'd definitely be interested if you tried the same thing on your server.

I wonder if any of Tyhm's old work on this still exists?
I remember that version of classic, and personally I thought it was awesome. I played as a zorbi and remember you could shoot bubbles or something. It was hawt.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:52 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I remember that version of classic, and personally I thought it was awesome. I played as a zorbi and remember you could shoot bubbles or something. It was hawt.
Yeah you could trap players inside or something. There was a vampire race that only allowed healing through PKing (I think). And a gnome and saint race as well (I think). It was all great stuff, and I personally liked it, but it could only have been used on a more RP centric server. It just didn't work on Classic because it already had an established identity.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Hi.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
yeah i'm not really a fan of the whole idea. Being turned into a zormite via potion makes it sound like a mutation which in my opinion dishonors them. Zormite isn't a transformation, they're a noble race!
ZORMITES ARE A RIP OFF OF ZORA FROM ZELDA AND YOU KNOW IT!!!a
Old 06-13-2017, 09:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Hi.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:23 AM
G2k1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	barbershop.png
Views:	205
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	55994