Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is it worth making a playerworld?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Unregistered User
thrashsoul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thrashsoul
Making a Playerworld , Is it worth it?

I want to ask graalians the question will you totally leave playerworlds for 3d.
The idea is ringing in my head, is it worth it to make a great pw?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:31 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Graal 3D wont be good for another couple of years.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Graal 3D wont be good for another couple of years.
Yeah, it will probably take a while yet to get a good world with lots to do.
But it depends, what you mean by a good playerworld - as there don't seem to be so many yet.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
Yeah, it will probably take a while yet to get a good world with lots to do.
But it depends, what you mean by a good playerworld - as there don't seem to be so many yet.

And i agree with this. There are not many good playerworlds, but, there are a lot of unique features which each playerworld possesses. Theres always one good thing about a playerworld.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
And i agree with this. There are not many good playerworlds, but, there are a lot of unique features which each playerworld possesses. Theres always one good thing about a playerworld.

I cant name one good thing about alot of playerworlds.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 09-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Spark and Brad because they're just that right.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:05 AM
matt8891 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matt8891 Send a message via Yahoo to matt8891
lot of people may or maynot like Graal3D's concept anyway. So its kinda 50 50. But alot of people play graal and wont leave them for 3D...Like delteria. Im sure people who play there (ex. Me) wont leave delteria for 3D..I doubt they can get graal3d to be similar to classic playerworlds.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:56 AM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
I think making a PW is worth it.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:04 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
i think it is worth it, but for different reasons because i think graal is done best in 2d. it stands alone as a 2d online game, and does a fairly good job graphic-wise. all it needs is one good playerworld with depth and a degree of newb friendlyness. to keep the newbs in, and the olbies coming back. The market is flodded with playerworlds now due to its low low price, it would be hard to start now. right now you would be doing all the work yourself. its only until youve worked long and hard for 5-6 months that people will see your work and want to help out. and obviously most people arent willing to make that kind of commitment, or they dont realize it at the time. even after you will have to do most of it yourself. they just dont realize how much work it requires to finish it. especially a server that deviates from the classic style gameplay, which i think is necessary to even stay on the classic tab. classic referring to s=sword, quest for hearts server. and dont imitate a server's style. even if you do the job better, it wont matter much. i see it with the gun servers, and you have all seen it happen on classic servers. Shaded Legend is just a better quality server overall, but since UN has done it already, and keeps the players comfortable, it wont be the breaktrhough all the develoopers hoped. and for crying out loud make some sort of introduction to your server. the last thing you want to do is pop them into the middle of a town without a clue. your first impression is key to your success. When you debut, sure everyone will come to check it out. But why will they stay? certainly not to walk around 500 levels and massing questions about what to do. hold the players hand as soon as they sign on. its your job to make them interested in your playerworld. show them around until they feel comforatble with the server. Im just dissappointed at the lack of impact the latest debut PW's had. I want to see someone change that server list around. Just beause your staff doesnt work, your the only one on RC, or your progress isnt going fast enough doesnt mean you should throw in the towel and quit. of course its easy, but you developers just need to stay strong through the hard times and keep working. Use your creativity and give the graal community something they never saw before.

excuse my spelling errors and lack of the shift key.

Zenkou for life
Old 09-07-2004, 11:50 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I was already planning on doing that but I don't have that stupid $50 >>

And I live at boarding school so I can't get a job =(
Old 09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
No point in making a Graal server when you know you wont get far. Don't mean to make this a negative comment but I can bet with paypal that 80% of the servers that are UC/DEV right now will not be very sucessful once up. After each go up, they will die within weeks. Thats just how it is, unless you can create a Zone or none-messed up "New Bravo". (by that I mean the actual 1337ness)
Old 09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Easily.

(Stupid 10 letter limit crap)
Old 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Tipo Del Sig. Nizza
RagedWebJAL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RagedWebJAL Send a message via Yahoo to RagedWebJAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
No point in making a Graal server when you know you wont get far. Don't mean to make this a negative comment but I can bet with paypal that 80% of the servers that are UC/DEV right now will not be very sucessful once up. After each go up, they will die within weeks. Thats just how it is, unless you can create a Zone or none-messed up "New Bravo". (by that I mean the actual 1337ness)
I agree with you 100%. That goes the same for pretty much anything that people do. How many times has someone started making a game with a crapload of ideas, and within weeks, or even days, just fall off the sideline? How many times have you seen a brand new store being constructed in your area, and a couple weeks later, it was sold off to someone else, and became something else?

There should be a new method for getting servers on the 'Hosted' tab, because I have seen some very boring hosted servers with little to no work done on them at all appear on hosted. All that was there was a GMAP, with really nothing else, except maybe a few houses here and there. Take my server, for example: Sparitoria. In this server, we have around 9 quests up and running fully. We do use the classic style, however, we rarely, if ever, use any presets, other than maybe a sign, or grass. Houses and buildings are all very well customized, and you will never find two of the same looking houses. Sure, four of the quests are the traditional hack/slash quests, but the others are more in depth. The reason for this is so that the newer Graal players can gain comfort with the game's fighting style. We feature 4 extremely massive countries, and 3 massive sub-countries, divided by water, similar to this planet. We have speed boats, yachts, battleships, cars, motorcycles, and airplanes in development, and will be released soon after going hosted. We will offer job positions in airports, docks, restaurants, etc.. However, in order to feel any of these positions, you will either need to be a staff member, or someone that a staff member feels will do a good job, and has recommendations from at least two other staff members. We, of course, have a mining system, BUT we will also include a betting system, where if a player doesn't make it into a spar tourney, they can place bets of 1-50g on who they think the winner of the tourney will be, and every gambler's betted gralat will be placed in a 'pot', and at the end of the tourney, the total 'pot' value will be divided evenly to the winner(s) of the bet. We currently have two countries near finished, and we are always working on improvements.

If anyone is skilled in GFX, level design, and/or scripting, your help is welcome, as getting hired will become harder as we make it on hosted, and one day, the classic tab.

IN SHORT: Yes. If you are ready for the committment of starting a server, and you have new and original ideas, the appropriate time required, and the determination, by all means, go for it, and make your dream come true.
Therefore, I am Perfect.

./\_/\
(^_^)
(")_(")

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52328&page=25&pp=15&highlight=Pic tures
Old 09-07-2004, 10:33 PM
That one guy...
Wow that went from agreeing with him to offering jobs to people to agreeing with him again x_X
Old 09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
No.

If you make a bad playerworld then its a waste of time.

If you make a good playerworld then you make Graal money and you get nothing.. a.k.a waste of time