Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
No Support Center?

I cant seem to get to the support center page. It just redirects me to the graal home page. Is it down for maintenance or something. Could someone inform me please?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:40 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It was hacked, again, and it's been offline for at least a month now. Hopefully they find some other software that works, it's ridiculous without one.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:58 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Hopefully they find some other software that works, it's ridiculous without one.
Remember seeing a post by Tig stating he suggested a decent one to Stefan, but haven't heard anything about it, yet.

SupportTrio was is one of the best out there, but since it failed, maybe we can post some other suggestions?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Should just make it scripted and integrated into the client, that seems to be the direction these days.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Should just make it scripted and integrated into the client, that seems to be the direction these days.
I think that would just be harder to manage, for players and staff.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I think that would just be harder to manage, for players and staff.
And impossible for anyone who can't use the client.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
And impossible for anyone who can't use the client.
Agreed.

I know that Isolsoft Support Center is of high quality, and has some real good reviews.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Personally I hope suitable software is found in a timely manner because it's getting pretty difficult to manage cases with no records, if any come at all.

It's also annoying to explain to people the most obvious methods of contact while Support is down:

* Forum PM, for those with forum access
* E-mail, EVERYONE has e-mail and it doesn't require any correspondence to GraalOnline to even use it
and obviously every Global Admin, even moderators of the forums, have @GraalOnline.com e-mail addresses so there's always a way to contact us from all departments of Support. For a list of these e-mails, share this with your friends

But still follows with "HELP! I CAN'T CONTACT ANY GLOBALS!" -_-
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·

Last edited by TSAdmin; 12-04-2009 at 09:58 AM..
Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
obviously every Global Admin, even moderators of the forums, have <account>@graalonline.com e-mail addresses
If I'm not mistaken isn't Tig's email "[email protected]", and SN's is "[email protected]", OH YEAH and, Darlene's is "[email protected]".

Technically, that isn't their account name. So it would be cool to clear that up before you start a rush of confusion.

So no duh, I would be saying

Quote:
"HELP! I CAN'T CONTACT ANY GLOBALS!"
if I couldn't contact (i.e.) "[email protected]" which is a false email.

Last edited by Imperialistic; 12-04-2009 at 09:42 AM..
Old 12-04-2009, 09:36 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Tig's email "[email protected]"
Yes, that's right. I figured, if someone needed to contact me, it's easier to remember "Tig" than "Tigairius"

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Yes, that's right. I figured, if someone needed to contact me, it's easier to remember "Tig" than "Tigairius"
I understand that 100%, but the way TSAdmin states it, makes it a WHOLE lot more confusing to people.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I understand that 100[percent], but the way TSAdmin states it, makes it a WHOLE lot more confusing to people.
I don't e-mail those guys, so I had actually forgotten that Tig had a shortened one, and wasn't even aware that the other two mentioned were also custom. Personally I think that the fact that they're custom causes more confusion because then they could be anything from [email protected] to [email protected]

Edit: "Tig" actually is an account, one of Tig's other accounts. That's probably why I never thought twice about his e-mail address.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:48 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
I don't e-mail those guys, so I had actually forgotten that Tig had a shortened one, and wasn't even aware that the other two mentioned were also custom. Personally I think that the fact that they're custom causes more confusion because then they could be anything from [email protected] to [email protected]
Are you joking?

Do you think [email protected], is more confusing that [email protected]

or

[email protected], is more confusing than [email protected]

Either way you still avoided the point, in your other post you should edit it and clarify the proper email(s).

Quote:
Edit: "Tig" actually is an account, one of Tig's other accounts. That's probably why I never thought twice about his e-mail address.
Oh sweet, lets start naming emails after alternate accounts! (hai im Stefan, my email is "[email protected]" because thats my alt account)
Tig is just short, and easier to remember.

No pun intended, but you should just clarify the mistake that can cause confusion over a pretty serious situation in some cases.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Are you joking?

Do you think [email protected], is more confusing that [email protected]

or

[email protected], is more confusing than [email protected]
I am not joking in the slightest. It is indeed easier to remember what exists than what is provided as an apparent convenience, which in turn could actually be an inconvenience. I'm not going to automatically assume that Darlene's e-mail is [email protected], I'm likely going to sit there thinking to myself "Hmm, what was her account again? Oh, it's Darlene159!" because that's what she logs onto every other aspect of Graal with.

Quote:
Either way you still avoided the point, in your other post you should edit it and clarify the proper email(s).
I have edited my post, but my point still stands that people still don't seem to use it but are content on still complaining that they cannot contact a global.

Quote:
Oh sweet, lets start naming emails after alternate accounts! (hai im Stefan, my email is "[email protected]" because thats my alt account)
Tig is just short, and easier to remember.
That's not what I was getting at, at all. Please don't put words in my mouth to suit your argument. Tig didn't use it as an alternative for a while, it is an actual account he used primarily at one point, and could easily have been associated with the e-mail first for all anyone knows.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
I am not joking in the slightest. It is indeed easier to remember what exists than what is provided as an apparent convenience, which in turn could actually be an inconvenience. I'm not going to automatically assume that Darlene's e-mail is [email protected], I'm likely going to sit there thinking to myself "Hmm, what was her account again? Oh, it's Darlene159!" because that's what she logs onto every other aspect of Graal with.

I will edit my post, but my point still stands that people still don't seem to use it but are content on still complaining that they cannot contact a global.
[sarcasm]Oh yeah, everyone that needs Global Support DEFINETLY remembers all the globals account names. [/sarcasm]

Tags
contact, support center