Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 03:21 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator!

3:28 EST 03/08/09

Stefan the lead coder of Cyberjoueurs (The parent company of Graal Online, and many Iphone applications) posted an application for a news administrator position.

The application consisted of five questions, the first of which was,"What is your Graal account name?" This writer chooses to answer the question as pooper200000, more commonly known as Supernanny.

The second question was if the applicant possess gold, and this question must be answered with a resounding,"Yes!"

All of the questions to this point seemed to be almost general Graal application questions, until the third question came about. The question stated,"What is your past experience?" and provided additional detail asking for only relevant experience such as the creation of news, and updates on graal.net)

The best way to state this is that the experience of this writer is over enough for the position. Writing experience can be considered many numerous activities, and therefore writers have as much and as little experience as they need. This native English speaking writer's experience consists of adding news for the Zone server, as well as updating miscellaneous articles for the Zone server.

The fourth question stated in the application was one of the most important.
"What would you like to do if given the position?" My best answer would be that I would attempt to visit all of the classic servers, as well as to visit servers under development. An example of a story this writer would put in the news would be for the server dev graal_PuppetMaster. The server recently had an open release, and it turned out to not be exactly what some people were expecting. However, the advertising of this server on Graal.net, may have helped the process of pointing developer's to servers in need of assistance.

In addition to posting news, this writer would utilize experience with from being the Zone FAQ chief to work on creating comprehensive new articles, and also this writer would work on expanding some of the current articles. One of the aims of this writer would be adding pictures to the news for particular servers as well as adding information for Graal users with an interest in Graal.

This writer's contribution's would not be limited to only their ability to take screen shots. This writer could also use their grammatical prowess and recently installed spell checker. Combined with the above and below proposed services by this writer and also combined with the duties of such a position as the News Administrator position, this writer would be able to handle the duties of a News Administrator.

The last question is a question of clarity, "what makes this applicant unique and better than all the other applicants?" This writer's skills gained through experience from being a staff member on the Zone gold server, as well as this writer's interpersonal, and intrapersonal skills make the writer an ideal candidate for the position of News Administrator.

Other unique qualities that really make this applicant stand out is the applicant's friendly and positive attitude and intuitive nature. This applicant is able to control their emotions when writing. This writer is in no way perfect with grammar, but this user's hard work and dedication are shown in all aspects of their work. All of this writer's combined skills make them a valuable asset to any Graal team, especially to the Graal News team.
-Written by Supernanny (Pooper200000)

Last edited by pooper200000; 04-25-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Old 03-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I don't get it?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
i think this is an application, but what the **** is a news administrator
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 AM
The Blackswan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't get it?
I'm trying to give a more unique application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
i think this is an application, but what the **** is a news administrator
As stated with Stefan's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Title: Hiring: News admin

A lot of fun stuff and updates are happening on Graal servers but not a lot of news are added to graal.net (and the serverlist news). For improving that situation it would be good to have some dedicated staff who talk to server staff to being news to graal.net. This is mainly a helper position and will eventually get global level 1 (RC) to be able to talk to staff. The person who is managing this should be someone who comes along nicely with the staff on servers.
Admin is short for administrator.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
i know what an admin is. my question was aimed towards "how does this have a use"

server managers should be posting this, not a "news admin" thats just ***
Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 AM
The Blackswan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
i know what an admin is. my question was aimed towards "how does this have a use"

server managers should be posting this, not a "news admin" thats just ***
How does this position have a use? This position has a use by allowing for the graal.net news to be updated more frequently, as some servers do not add their updates to graal.net.

I am applying for the News Administrator position.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Trying to hard mate
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
This is a very unique application, good job. Sounds like you understand the job your applying for, and would be quite good at it.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
do not confuse pretension with uniqueness
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Was this a real application?
Or just a example of a application?
Its interesting though long.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Hell no...in a really nice way.

You've proven how you handle positions of power through some of your moderation, which I won't argue about.

>>valuable asset to any Graal team

no.

Last edited by Clockwork; 03-12-2009 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
I vote for Supernanny, I guess!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Zone experience.
Jesper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I vote for Supernanny, I guess!
I agree !

Zone 2011>
Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as how these applications are public I assume we're allowed to express our feelings within the rules, with mine being:

Oh god no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
All of this writer's combined skills make them a valuable asset to any Graal team
Yeah, okay.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
No, can't even mod properly.

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news