Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Whenever I open the task manager while Graal is running, the client freezes.

Although, its only the image that freezes. I can still hear myself walking around if I use the arrow keys.
So, task manager crashes the clients video...

I'm running on windows 7 home premium, 64-bit.
ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card.

But, I had this problem on the last client as well.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Whenever I open the task manager while Graal is running, the client freezes.

Although, its only the image that freezes. I can still hear myself walking around if I use the arrow keys.
So, task manager crashes the clients video...

I'm running on windows 7 home premium, 64-bit.
ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card.

But, I had this problem on the last client as well.
Try to resize the window a little then back to what you had it. The image should unfreeze if it's what I'm thinking it is. I'm guessing when you open Task Manager, it's prompting you with the User Account Control that blanks the screen slightly asking you to Continue?
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Has anyone tried to get the clientstats? It's also possible that I come online on a server to get the /clientstats.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Try to resize the window a little then back to what you had it. The image should unfreeze if it's what I'm thinking it is. I'm guessing when you open Task Manager, it's prompting you with the User Account Control that blanks the screen slightly asking you to Continue?
Resizing the window just makes everything black.

And no, its not prompting me with the user account control.

My client stats are attached.
And I also noticed some other weird things.
Pure white tiles on the tileset dont draw correctly. They seem to appear as transparent, so, anywhere with white tiles, it the image gets skewed. (Image attached, left is v6, right is v5)

And one more thing, when using this script:
PHP Code:
new GuiDrawingPanel("Tile_Editor_Tiles") {

0;

width 2048;

height 512;

clearall();

drawimage(00gettileset());

The tiles will not draw the full 2048. It seems to draw the control, just not display the image.
About half way, the image just dissapears, but it actually extends the parent control the full 2048.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comp.png
Views:	417
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	51831  
Attached Files
File Type: txt client_stats.txt (7.6 KB, 455 views)

Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I'm not sure how showpoly alpha is supposed to be exactly, my guess is that it now takes r/g/b into greater consideration but either way for me it displays completely different in V6 compared to V5:

Seems to be the case regardless of whether I use opengl.

Thought I'd also attach my Clientstats for the sake of the freezing/speed issues I mentioned before.
Attached Files
File Type: txt clientstatsdx.txt (3.8 KB, 447 views)
File Type: txt clientstatsopengl.txt (3.6 KB, 427 views)
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
The tiles will not draw the full 2048. It seems to draw the control, just not display the image.
About half way, the image just dissapears, but it actually extends the parent control the full 2048.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Why do you need bigger images? There are texture size limitations in OpenGL and DirectX, stuff should never be larger than 1024x1024.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I'm not sure how showpoly alpha is supposed to be exactly, my guess is that it now takes r/g/b into greater consideration but either way for me it displays completely different in V6 compared to V5:

Seems to be the case regardless of whether I use opengl.

Thought I'd also attach my Clientstats for the sake of the freezing/speed issues I mentioned before.
May be it multiplies the alpha value two times, can check this.
For freezing things: the game is lagging for you? It doesn't look it's the same server though. On DirectX the drawing of tiles seems to be very slow for you, while on OpenGL the tiles don't take any time, but there is some unknown thing in the game-timer.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
May be it multiplies the alpha value two times, can check this.
For freezing things: the game is lagging for you? It doesn't look it's the same server though. On DirectX the drawing of tiles seems to be very slow for you, while on OpenGL the tiles don't take any time, but there is some unknown thing in the game-timer.
With DirectX my framerate at first is incredibly slow, but only until I resize my screen (regardless of how large/small I make it), then it's normal, OpenGL on the other hand is normal with the exception of the freeze that occurs every second or so as reported by others.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
For some reason the newest version won't work when placed in my old Graal folder. I never had problems with the other v6 versions, but the latest update causes a crash when I try to start it. Works fine when I run it right out of the zip, though.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
My client is crashing whenever my baddie system hits/kills the player, never did this on v5.1

Still getting these errors too

NPC Code:

Script: Function -ScriptedRC.addPlayerlistMenuEntries not found in function onCreated in script of Weapon -Playerlist_v6
Script: Function updateVisibleDistance not found in function OptGraphicsVisibleDistance.onAction in script of Weapon -Serverlist_Options

Attached Files
File Type: txt clientstats Graal762724.txt (13.7 KB, 440 views)

Last edited by MrOmega; 10-13-2010 at 05:49 PM..
Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To everyone who has performance problems:
- Please tell us your Windows version and Graphics card
- On your favourite server please get an admin doing "/clientstats youraccountname", twice, with 10 seconds inbetween, and post or attach the second of those stats here
That way we can eventually see what is slowing you down.
- Windows XP Pro SP3, Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
- I was on Era and got an admin to do my clientstats twice, I attached the second one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt clientstats_spydrct02.txt (10.3 KB, 434 views)
Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
For some reason the newest version won't work when placed in my old Graal folder. I never had problems with the other v6 versions, but the latest update causes a crash when I try to start it. Works fine when I run it right out of the zip, though.
This may be related to the filenamecache; try deleting it and allowing the game to rebuild a new filenamecache.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
This may be related to the filenamecache; try deleting it and allowing the game to rebuild a new filenamecache.
I deleted FILENAMECACHE, scriptfiles, config and weblevels and still no luck. Doesn't even recreate FILENAMECACHE.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I deleted FILENAMECACHE, scriptfiles, config and weblevels and still no luck. Doesn't even recreate FILENAMECACHE.
Just out of curiosity, can you open the properties window for your Graal folder and tell me how many files are inside? I've noticed just today that Graal on Mac opens a last faster when it's in a folder that doesn't have many files (or subfolders) in it.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Just out of curiosity, can you open the properties window for your Graal folder and tell me how many files are inside? I've noticed just today that Graal on Mac opens a last faster when it's in a folder that doesn't have many files (or subfolders) in it.
27,088 files, 576 folders.

Tags
graal v6, windows