Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
Felix, Nico, and I were simply stating that players just go straight to the xmas dungeon instead of other places to level. The reason they do so is because the xmas dungeon is the best place to level. (obvious reason) As Felix stated we should add some type of system that would require you to get an item to enter the xmas dungeon. This come be done two ways and even both. One way would be to add a special key to the EC shop for a high EC price. This would help remove Event Coins from the economy which "could" help the economy slightly. The other way is to add a special key to the alternate dungeons, the crypt, or even a new map. I personally would rather have both options available. However, making obtaining a key from the alternate dungeons, crypt, or map more appealing then spend ECs. There was a time limit in the xmas dungeon at the start and maybe that should be re-added if this new system was implemented. This would keep players from just idling there so they don't have to farm or spend EC's again.

This is only one thing that "could" possibly help the server. It will slow down players from leveling up as fast so the end game would last longer as it did before. I am not sure why maps were removed, but I think it may have been because of the xmas dungeon and how the levels are generated. (Don't quote me bc I am just taking a guess). If this is the case they need to do something about that because it is a cause for lack of content. If not I am sure we would all like to see maps enabled again. With the new idea stated above as well.

The server still will need new content, which I will try to get a small team together to help me work on this. If we have to work on it offline so be it but I will still try to work on a few new things. I have searched around on debug and have found a few things that were never added. I think we could probably use some of these after they have been fixed a little. We will need time to make these happen though so please keep that in mind.

If you all have ideas that you would like to discuss with me about in-game content please feel free to message me. If you need my contact information send me a pm on the forum or in-game. Google Docs is also a great place to type up your ideas and submit them to me that way as well. I want to help the server in anyway I can so please don't be shy to send your ideas. I will be happy to discuss them with you.

I approve the Xmas idea but which alternate dungeons were you planning to use? If this key will cost a high amount of EC then how hard will the maps become, crypt it's been done in 5 minutes. A high amount of EC for the key should mean when entering the Xmas dungeon getting a reasonable item..

Yes, I myself cannot think of a reason of why they disabled maps and it will slow down the end game, I would also like to see them enabled again.

That's actually nice to hear, I'd love to help in anyway I can.

I've actually been browsing the old GK suggestions. I've seen a ton of good suggestions and if ever get added would only benefit GK. I honestly don't know why they weren't taken into consideration but now I'm almost certain if were suggested now they would be taken more seriously now because of the position GK is in.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
One way would be to add a special key to the EC shop for a high EC price. This would help remove Event Coins from the economy which "could" help the economy slightly.
Yes, let's promote Pay-to-Win options instead of forcing players to go through the gameplay content, great idea!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-16-2012, 03:39 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Yes, let's promote Pay-to-Win options instead of forcing players to go through the gameplay content, great idea!
Obviously it would also be available through actual gameplay as well. Having consumable items in the EC shop is pretty much a must at this point.

Not promoting pay to win at all.

Forcing players to go through all the gameplay the server has to offer is obnoxious and scares away a significant chunk of the potential playerbase (lol we're actually talking in these terms now.. Dat ded server).

Let's be honest, any type of new gameplay GK could offer wouldn't exactly be top of the line. Making people play through your sub par content just to enjoy some more sub par content only appeals to the o boy 100% legit high horse player. GK has just as many shortcut taking, usd spending power players as there are legitbros.

Being in the middle ground between power playin usd spending jerks and legit player i reckon I've got a decent idea on how to approach the playerbase.

And 1 last time: making something available in the ec shop is not p2w
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I still think giving players the option to unlock content that you normally have to grind for is a type of Pay-to-Win situation.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-16-2012, 05:12 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
I still think giving players the option to unlock content that you normally have to grind for is a type of Pay-to-Win situation.
But they acquired the event coins somehow. Either by trading or playing events. The item in question that would be available in the shop is a consumable key to unlock harder and more rewarding content. It's not double click to get free exp.

But sure I can see where you're coming from but I feel people sometimes lump together P2W with P2convenience and P2promote-different-playstyles.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
I do see what you mean but that is why I said we should have both options. Have the option to pay for the key with Event Coins. You would be surprised how many lazy people would do this. I also said to have it in the dungeons, crypt, or maps as well. The pay was just an option though. It would be players choice. I don't want to force players to buy the key but it can be an option.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 PM
It's been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten a response towards my suggestion. What's it going to be...
Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
It's been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten a response towards my suggestion. What's it going to be...
We are already working on few updates. We will get back to you

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
We are already working on few updates. We will get back to you
I know you guys are working on a few updates, but I didn't expect it to take 2 weeks for a simple response...
Old 08-21-2012, 12:47 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
I know you guys are working on a few updates, but I didn't expect it to take 2 weeks for a simple response...
Your request are things that only 1 person is capable of doing. Which is why you didn't get a response.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Your request are things that only 1 person is capable of doing. Which is why you didn't get a response.
No, My request can be rightfully done by Stephen, Tig or you. I was only asking for the staff to cancel the monthly points I don't see how only 1 person is capable of doing such a thing?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
No, My request can be rightfully done by Stephen, Tig or you. I was only asking for the staff to cancel the monthly points I don't see how only 1 person is capable of doing such a thing?
Well I will be making a post later today. However, it wont be able canceling the points events. It seems that setting a specific time is an issue with the points. So we will try a different approach. Stay tuned later today for the update.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
the reason the points system isn't working is because items aren't necessary in the broken economy and it requires very active game-play to even compete with the top three players with the most points (it's rarely a last-few-points sudden match for the win at the end of the month). the points system only requires a few seriously active players that will practically take turns collecting the overpay that is the first place prize.

it seems that because points events are hosted, there's no reason to do other large events during the month.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Well I will be making a post later today. However, it wont be able canceling the points events. It seems that setting a specific time is an issue with the points. So we will try a different approach. Stay tuned later today for the update.
Okay, Sounds good cant wait to hear it, But 7 more days left of the Points Events we should just continue on. I resubscribed my gold knowing that Point Events will remain being hosted and the top 3 will a receive a prize. Hopefully this new approach your mentioning doesn't reset the points that are currently listed.

Last edited by DripZ; 08-21-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
the reason the points system isn't working is because items aren't necessary in the broken economy and it requires very active game-play to even compete with the top three players with the most points (it's rarely a last-few-points sudden match for the win at the end of the month). the points system only requires a few seriously active players that will practically take turns collecting the overpay that is the first place prize.

it seems that because points events are hosted, there's no reason to do other large events during the month.
It does not require very active game play to compete with the top 3. Infact it barely takes any time? Event's are really only active on the weekends which are then double points. It would only take 1 weekend to place in first which is imbalanced.
Closed Thread