Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2016, 01:53 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Graal has an accessibility issue

I was talking with my real-life friend who is in school working toward a PhD is the classical music field. In the past he has sent me samples of video game music he's made for fun and I've realized he is very talented beyond what I've seen anyone on Graal be able to create. This friend and I have had many long conversations about video game music as we are both big fans of the sound work done in games like Earthbound and Zelda.

I was explaining to him that I am managing an online game project that he could possibly contribute to. The conversation eventually got to this:

Quote:
Cool man, send a link I'll check it out sometime
So with most games, I could just send a link and they would arrive at the website and download the game, and that's it. But after checking out the Graal website I realized that creating an account and getting online to the actual game is such a confusing nightmare that I don't even wish to give the link to people. It's embarassing and what will happen is that most people will give up, not subscribe, and move on.

If you don't think this is a factor in Graal's declining playerbase you are insane. This is the reason.

2 things could be done to solve this problem (and none of it is difficult):

- Make a better website, and if you can't do that, revert to a previous version of the website. Make sure it is clear and easy to understand how to download the client and play the game. (do players still have to subscribe? I don't even know anymore. If I'm confused then imagine how new players feel.)

- Advertise. That's it, just advertise. This could not be easier, considering most of the advertisement could be free ads placed on the Facebook client. Also you can pay facebook to advertise for you, it's a win-win. I'd almost be willing to pay for some of this out of my pocket because it's such a no-brainer.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:12 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Graal really surpasses the boundaries of logic
Old 10-25-2016, 02:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
someone in the community prob has to do it
Old 10-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
someone needs to spend some rupees

Last edited by Minoc; 10-25-2016 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: for the glory of the fr*****
Old 10-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I recently made a more concrete offer to redevelop the website which included a detailed portfolio of some of my previous web work, showing a wide variety of HTML5 functionality as well as some more conventional sites. Among the clientele I had carried out this work on behalf of were Coca Cola Enterprises, MTV and the UK Home Office. There were also some basic ideas listed as to how I would develop the site or what technologies/framework it would use.

As of yet I have again not received a response but I know the email was read within half an hour of me sending it and at least some of the links were opened.

Last edited by ffcmike; 10-25-2016 at 08:14 PM..
Old 10-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I recently made a more concrete offer to redevelop the website which included a detailed portfolio of some of my previous web work, showing a wide variety of HTML5 functionality as well as some more conventional sites. Among the clientele I had carried out this work on behalf of were Coca Cola Enterprises, MTV and the UK Home Office. There were also some basic ideas listed as to how I would develop the site or what technologies/framework it would use.

As of yet I have again not received a response but I know the email was read within half an hour of me sending it and at least some of the links were opened.
got any samples for us plebs?
Old 10-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
got any samples for us plebs?
I can provide links in private, some can't be posted publicly..

Last edited by ffcmike; 10-25-2016 at 11:16 PM..
Old 11-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Banned
Still no response including to a follow up email. I can also tell that Skype messages I sent haven't even been read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Hello,

I agree that we need to rework the web site, If any of you have advanced HTML5 skills please contact me: [email protected]
------------

I'd be willing to show these examples to those within Unixmad's inner circle if a new Graal website is something they'd like to see actually happen. It took a few hours just to put together some of this for previewing purposes.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Graal Legend
FBI will become famous soon enough
that's a shame ;[
Old 11-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Quote:
I can provide links in private, some can't be posted publicly..
gogo
Old 11-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
i can't imagine how much potential money they have lost from just that sht website
Old 11-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
i can't imagine how much potential money they have lost from just that sht website
all bout dat iDevice bruh
Old 11-06-2016, 06:25 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
It's not something I'm working on yet, but I do have plans in the works for a Graal2001 website that looks and feels more like the classic Graal website. The funny thing is that the original few website designs were actually appealing enough to hook me as a new player, and I know it will help bring new players. The only problem is the Graal site and client, so I will try and host a better way for players to procure the client in fewer clicks if possible. Like I said though, no work has begun on this idea yet.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Banned
I've also tried bringing up these points again, the first of which I'd suggest is the most crucial:

Quote:
- Add a client download button in plain sight which detects which OS you are using

- Replace (vastly out-dated) news archives with Facebook feeds. Can be done through official JS widgets if bespoke is not desired

- Remove references to Pay to Play & Trial Mode. Whether it's intended for players to still have to upgrade to Gold in order to obtain a Community Name I do not know, but this should be reflected on the Subscription Centre, though that seems unfair given that people in-the-know can seemingly request an account name from a global

- Add link to the new Support Centre

- Remove Graal Zone's inner pages and link the Zone section of the home page to its web app instead

- The link to this forum only works if the user is logged in and has Gold subscription. Would it not be desirable to allow the forums to be found purely for reading purposes? Even then these forums do not actually require Gold, but just a Community Name

- Although this could be classed as an addition, the Graal website does not provide any information on server renting or how to "create your own world", or what exactly dispensing with the €49/€79 fee provides you with. Maybe more people would be willing to rent a server if they were provided with some enticement? Otherwise it's pretty much relying on just word of mouth. I would suggest the addition of both a shorter and longer dev subscription period as well
But everything is falling on deaf ears as per usual. I don't believe a single word of any of the promises I've heard in recent months anyway, it's clear to me that it was just a lame attempt to deflect away blame, but even if I did believe it, this black-balling of ideas/proposals wouldn't be adding any credence.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold