Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
AEON applied to classic tab with only a classic world, we passed Bells inspection failed HoundiniMan's inspection.
I don't know what Vulcan said or even if he inspected us(?).
We needed to re-pay the server anyways because it took them 1-1,5months to inspect us .
Anyways, now we are working on finishing the modern world, so that we'll apply with both modern and classic world
Hopefully that will increase our chances of getting to the classic tab.

I think the requirements to getting to the classic tab (even if it's good) are too high. Many servers fail the inspection, then the developement staff on that server give up.
Many very talented people on Graal are getting too old for this game. I think Graal need to attract new members.

Why cannot a server be half UC while being on Classic tab?
Isn't it better to have like 15 servers on the classic tab than 5 active servers?
The servers could get removed if they constantly have less than 10 players?!
Why not have 5 modern servers, 5 classic servers, 5 rpg etc?
Why only "1 of a kind"? It would only benefit the players!

It's not impossible, but less servers = less players. Easy math!
It was the same story with Dark Rival too, remember?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Many very talented people on Graal are getting too old for this game. I think Graal need to attract new members.
lol yea maybe but its a great engine tho really so I think they should target for everyone tho not just young ones.
There are probably lots of developers that would develop with this engine if they made some kind of deal like torque has (maybe also for hosting the games online), specially since it works with both 2d and 3d

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:27 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I always remember logging on Maloria when it was a private server, and that they applied for the classic tab but failed because of some scripting thing and they wound up having to rescript a lot of stuff before being admitted to the classic tab.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
AEON applied to classic tab with only a classic world, we passed Bells inspection failed HoundiniMan's inspection.
I don't know what Vulcan said or even if he inspected us(?).
We needed to re-pay the server anyways because it took them 1-1,5months to inspect us .
Anyways, now we are working on finishing the modern world, so that we'll apply with both modern and classic world
Hopefully that will increase our chances of getting to the classic tab.

I think the requirements to getting to the classic tab (even if it's good) are too high. Many servers fail the inspection, then the developement staff on that server give up.

Why cannot a server be half UC while being on Classic tab?
Isn't it better to have like 15 servers on the classic tab than 5 active servers?
The servers could get removed if they constantly have less than 10 players?!
Why not have 5 modern servers, 5 classic servers, 5 rpg etc?
Why only "1 of a kind"? It would only benefit the players!

It's not impossible, but less servers = less players. Easy math!
No. We don't need any more clone servers.

If AEON isn't unique, focus on making it unique.

I know if Vesporia was denied during classic inspection, we would work on improving it.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
No. We don't need any more clone servers.

If AEON isn't unique, focus on making it unique.

I know if Vesporia was denied during classic inspection, we would work on improving it.
I'm not talking about AEON, we are probably the most unique UC server on Graal atm. I am talking about other servers like Exodus who failed the classic inspection but yet it was (imo) decent enough for going to the classic tab.

Graal have had the same rules for ages now.
Now Graal suffers the consequences, people are leaving.
If you don't believe me, go and check at Graalonline-GraalStatics: http://statistics.graal.us/server/graphs/year
Graal have almost lost 100players in 1 year.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Graal have almost lost 100players in 1 year.
Ignoring the very first line, which looks like a spike (without knowing the exact date and looking into why I wouldn't be comfortable using it - also looking very far left, it looks like the lines before the big spike were a lot less), Graal was ~590 and is now apparently maxing ~550 - not as big of a drop!

If you were using the first line you could say it gained 100 players in the first four months which we can all see is the case.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Ignoring the very first line, which looks like a spike (without knowing the exact date and looking into why I wouldn't be comfortable using it - also looking very far left, it looks like the lines before the big spike were a lot less), Graal was ~590 and is now apparently maxing ~550 - not as big of a drop!

If you were using the first line you could say it gained 100 players in the first four months which we can all see is the case.
Instead of talking about a year, we could talk about how much players Graal have lost ever since 2005? We all know that Graal is losing players.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Around 3 I believe, but hopefully Vesporia will make that 4 soon.
I hope it makes it : )
Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
More importantly Graal is losing it's good developers. The few that are left are all scattered doing their own phail projects.

Really kills motivation for me. If I have quality developers actively developing around me, then I tend to do the same. Not to sound full of myself but as of 2005 or so I have not worked with a full team of quality developers. It's usually a scripter and a missing GAT or a GAT and a missing scripter, with me being usually being the lone competent LAT. Sad times.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:49 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
If you're using the average count, like most companies do, there's not a large difference at all between a year ago, and today. http://statistics.graal.us/server/graphs/yearavg

The falling playercount probably has little to do with the available playerworlds, and more to do with subscription costs and trial limitations. Though, if you raise the quality of the playerworlds, then you can attempt to justify subscription costs. Valikorlia is attempting to increase its quality... but, like Crono mentioned, motivation isn't easy to come by (even if the manager is willing to pay people to work).
Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 PM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
More importantly Graal is losing it's good developers. The few that are left are all scattered doing their own phail projects.

Really kills motivation for me. If I have quality developers actively developing around me, then I tend to do the same. Not to sound full of myself but as of 2005 or so I have not worked with a full team of quality developers. It's usually a scripter and a missing GAT or a GAT and a missing scripter, with me being usually being the lone competent LAT. Sad times.
Word Son. I lost all motivation quite awhile ago...
Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post

I'll make levels with you!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
If AEON only focused on one theme instead of 3-4, then it could get somewhere.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Maybe someone should form a group of developers, including scripters, graphic designers and level designers, and work to create a new classic server. It would be interesting to work with this team.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
(even if the manager is willing to pay people to work).
This is news to me.

Lets discuss this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
If AEON only focused on one theme instead of 3-4, then it could get somewhere.
I've been telling them that for years. But they just can't seem to resist all going off onto their own thing.

I plan to go into the game development business and it almost makes me want to be PWA just to show some people what it really takes.

So now I regret not applying, even if I my chances are practically zero.

Tags
classic tab, uc servers