Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Is this possible?

To make multiple gmaps all containing the same levels?

For example, if I had a 4x4 gmap and all of the levels had entrances and exits at the same co-ordinates so that they could be arrange in any way and still make a useable layout could I then make multiple gmaps with the levels in different orders?
Would players in the same level be able to see eachother even though they might be on a different gmap?

And is there a player.gmap equivalent of player.level that could be used as a condition to hide and show different npcs based on which gmap a player is in?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It shouldn't, all levels should (and be required) to have a unique name. If you really need to repeat the same levels, just write a generator to do it for you or copy and paste it.

player.gmap.name - returns the gmap (world.gmap) name the player is in.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
I imagine so, you have to manually make the .gmap file. Since the players are all in the same level, I think they would see each other. I believe the level takes priority over gmap. Try it and let us know. I can just imagine all the players staying the the top left most level (gmap wise) regardless.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
I imagine so, you have to manually make the .gmap file. Since the players are all in the same level, I think they would see each other. I believe the level takes priority over gmap. Try it and let us know. I can just imagine all the players staying the the top left most level (gmap wise) regardless.
This is what I thought as well.