Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
<title>Member</title>
linkoraclehero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to linkoraclehero Send a message via MSN to linkoraclehero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Doing it yourself means using all custom ganis, and doing a ****load of work that's not even compatible with existing work. Not worth the effort.
Again, it would take roughly 2 minutes tops per gani, that's about 30 ganis an hour. Hardly a ton of work; welcome to game development 101
Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkoraclehero View Post
Again, it would take roughly 2 minutes tops per gani, that's about 30 ganis an hour. Hardly a ton of work; welcome to game development 101
Ya, let's just do that for Unholy Nation. It'll work out fine.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It would be silly use to a text editor at all... You can just have a script clone BODY sprites and then place the new mask ATTR sprite in the same position as the body sprites used in each frame.

That would just be a hack to the problem though..

I'd expect something like:

player.mask.body or player.body.mask
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
or jus make ppl b able to use more colors????
Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Feel like bumping Rufus' thread "Color Expansions for V6"
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Feel like bumping Rufus' thread "Color Expansions for V6"
Why? Stefan already said he was going to try to get it in v6 :P
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
o so this is something to add on top of that?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Why? Stefan already said he was going to try to get it in v6 :P
Oh right, I forgot that for once, he listened to us.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
o so this is something to add on top of that?
I think this, along with more flexible colors would be insanely great for the aesthetics, aye. It will eliminate the need for a lot of the bodies that float around just to be recolors.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I wouldn't like to be the person making a "body mask" but I can see how they'd be a nice addition. Anything to increase the ease of player customization. I really like the idea.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I wouldn't like to be the person making a "body mask" but I can see how they'd be a nice addition. Anything to increase the ease of player customization. I really like the idea.
Well, as far as making regular "Graal bodies" go, with no shading at all it might be a bit more difficult. But probably what I'd do is I'd go about making a regular body, and shade it accordingly as I go. If you use Photoshop, it should be as easy as copying the layers of the shading over to the mask side. If you don't(like me) it would just mean copying all the shading over, coloring it to black and white and erasing it from the normal body. Not really the hardest thing to do as far as creating a mask, it's just the effort of having to shade your body as well that would be time consuming.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It would be silly use to a text editor at all... You can just have a script clone BODY sprites and then place the new mask ATTR sprite in the same position as the body sprites used in each frame.

That would just be a hack to the problem though..

I'd expect something like:

player.mask.body or player.body.mask
This is basically what I had in mind a lil after what I said about the gani edit stuff.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.