Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein
Until now, no one has had the heart to tell you how much the project needs improving......
This comming from some one who has seen about 5 levels of the server
Oh, and I said probably only because some people might not quit. I plan to play 'till I'm underground. (Unless my tombstone has the internet )
Old 11-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein
It's not a matter of fitting in to the crowd. Until now, no one has had the heart to tell you how much the project needs improving, but your plain ignorance to other people's comments and critique has niggled at alot of people to breaking point.

Take advice man. Look at other people's works, and develop on a GOOD style.
I totally said it sucked in many threads about 1-2 months ago!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:18 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
This comming from some one who has seen about 5 levels of the server
Oh, and I said probably only because some people might not quit. I plan to play 'till I'm underground. (Unless my tombstone has the internet )
I've been on your site, and checked out a few levels there, and I've walked around on your server, and left after I saw how you'd put the map together.

Quote:
I was in leave during that time. I didn't bother reading the forums after xXDuMajuXx ran out :P
Old 11-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Yeah, i'll admit, our map sux. the levels on it don't match up right. I'm just waiting till our new tileset is done to upload it And personally, I don't care if you think it sucks. I just want you to maintain an open mind for the finished product.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Yeah, i'll admit, our map sux. the levels on it don't match up right. I'm just waiting till our new tileset is done to upload it And personally, I don't care if you think it sucks. I just want you to maintain an open mind for the finished product.
And we want you to listen to our opinions. It seems at the moment that it is probably the only way that your playerworld will improve.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:22 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
You should care. Our "discouraging" opinions should instinctively tell you that this isn't working, and things to need to change and/or improve.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225

Me too broseph.

Hell check the front page of this thread where I was talking about the levels.

THIS SERVER SUCKS!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned
okay, those are not levels from the current DR, 1st off, and I have taken all of your advise, I am improving the levels, map etc. I'm taking what you said into consideration, thats why I don't care, because your complaints won't relate to the finished product
****also, more to the point:
I am going to be adding a new type of Capture the Flag to DR. This will be very different from any CTF you have ever played before It will have 4 teams, each one lead by one commander. The commander will be able to watch the entire game from one room, and design strategies, then tell his army what to do. There will be special weapons, just for CTF. The commander will have to make money (the money used for CTF is different than graalats, you can exchande g for ctf money, but not the other way) he may send people in to steal money from the opposition, etc. There will also be unoccupied bases that wil be able to be taken over by an army. The games last a full month, and the winner at the end will get the number of points they had turned into graalats (or event coins) and distributed to the players. Points are reset monthly, but money is not. You can never switch teams, but you can be traded. If you do not follow your suppirior's orders, you will be kicked out of your army, and no other army will be able to take you in. (Except for rouge armies, smaller armies other than the main 4. don't get flag points, but can use weapons, and steal.) And the commanders make their head quarters themselves, but they must follow specific rules like:
only the Commanders room may have an account 'lock' on it.
must have under 20 levels (may change)
may have traps, but nothing that can kill a player in one hit, traps must only do .5 damage, and must be easily avioded if the person knows they are there.
required rooms:Commanders office, hall, flag room, treasure room additional rooms may be made
may not have jail like areas (mazes that lead to a locked room,etc)
all rules may change before I release it. Might add more as well.

Last edited by excaliber7388; 11-05-2005 at 05:48 PM..
Old 11-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Okay, let me give you one large tip.

Stop focusing on what you would like to do, and work on what needs doing. Your server does require a lot of improvement, so focus on that instead.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Okay, let me give you one large tip.

Stop focusing on what you would like to do, and work on what needs doing. Your server does require a lot of improvement, so focus on that instead.
I know i know, dont worry, DR is being worked on.new map, new tileset, more levels, (better ones too, i got a good lat to help me out a bit) but this is gonna be a fun addition. The problem is, i need to get people interested in the server, so I can get more staff. (I have a pitifull ammount now)
Old 11-05-2005, 06:51 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Kronan and I popped on for about 5 minutes yesterday. The starting inside level isn't all that bad. And I thought that maybe you actually got a good LAT to make you levels. Then we went out onto the OW and BAM.

Also, when I PKed Kronan, he couldn't get back up, rofl. I'm guessing some kind of scripting error there.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Banned
I have no scripts that would do this, however, when people use v4 this bug occures. Still havn't figured it out. And the overworld should look better, eventually. Especially after we are finished making the new tileset, which will be more detailed to begin with. Thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
maybe you should just redo your whole playerworld with something else then this "Dark Rival"

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X
maybe you should just redo your whole playerworld with something else then this "Dark Rival"
Ignoring the gramatical flaws in this sentence, I would like to piont out that it take more time to make a server than to fix DR, and I have a lifetime to do it anyway. DR's here to stay! yay!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Script-fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Ignoring the gramatical flaws in this sentence, I would like to piont out that it take more time to make a server than to fix DR, and I have a lifetime to do it anyway. DR's here to stay! yay!
Ignoring the spelling mistakes in your post, I would like to ask that you stop posting propaganda, and actually work on your server. Quietly.

Last edited by Skyld; 11-06-2005 at 01:09 AM..