Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Okay, if you havn't realized, DR has been closed down, staff only. We're redoing the classes, movement system, weapons, jobs, overworld, warps, and pretty much anything you can think of. Class will play a larger role, you will be able to get materials, and make your own swords and weapons, as well as use the ones we've made. I plan to make many different weapons with different abilities, spells, speed, damage, etc. Also, the more you use a weapon, the better you will get at using it. A sword might start out with a damage amount of 1-3, but after a few days of using it, that might be up to 2-5, etc. Also there will be chances for critical hits, misses, etc. Also there will be a hand to hand combat system added, better fighting skills, like blocking and different types of attacks, and more. Be prepared to see a much better DR. It should be done by DR's first birthday, this July 27th. I hope XD ANY help would be appreciated, we'll need scripters, levels, gfx, ganis, sxf, music. Basically any developement possition you can think of. It's going to be really awsome. Also, look for more weapons, more varied abilities, vehicles, like row boats, sailboats, running shoes, buyable horses, buggys, wagons, etc. DR's getting a huge makeover, and I'm gonna be really busy. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks, and see you in a month! (I hope! )
Old 06-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Panda
Lao_Su2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lao_Su2
Wow you are a hard worker I will give you that. Good luck!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Some new pics
These were mostly made by our Co-manager, Vima
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new_main.png
Views:	111
Size:	549.2 KB
ID:	36909   Click image for larger version

Name:	new_mh.png
Views:	96
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	36910   Click image for larger version

Name:	new_main2.png
Views:	87
Size:	616.2 KB
ID:	36911   Click image for larger version

Name:	new_level.png
Views:	96
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	36912   Click image for larger version

Name:	new_level2.png
Views:	92
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	36913  

Old 06-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Wow.....
1.Watch how your placing Tables
2.Your tiles are just lol horrible
3.Dont use carpets as paths
3.Use corner tiles for the insides of the roof tiles and outsides on the inside levels
4.Your tiles have decreased the quality of the classic tileset, instead of increaseing IMO.

o and wtf is with that gui of yours, that has to be one of the worse replacements for graal hearts Ive ever seen. Make a new one, and since your all obviously not so skilled with graphics. Dont make it to complex.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned
Hmm, I thought (except for the grassy inside corners) the levels looked pretty nice. And I thought the tiles give it a more realistic look into the past (especially with the music we have).
As for the gui, we do have a new one, I just havn't scripted it yet (hey, I'm busy!)
Old 06-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
The levels aren't horrible but they are a shift away from the classic look if that's what your aim is. I haven't read the entire thread but those levels look a lot better than the ones at the start of the thread. In my opinion going with a classic style usually means we don't have any level makers that can do better.
The levels are decent over all but nothing that is going to rock peoples worlds. I agree the carpet tiling is a bit odd as the color is so similar to the sand tiles around it.
Also make sure you go ahead with that GUI as the current one is not so nice.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:49 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by draygin
The levels aren't horrible but they are a shift away from the classic look if that's what your aim is. I haven't read the entire thread but those levels look a lot better than the ones at the start of the thread. In my opinion going with a classic style usually means we don't have any level makers that can do better.
The levels are decent over all but nothing that is going to rock peoples worlds. I agree the carpet tiling is a bit odd as the color is so similar to the sand tiles around it.
Also make sure you go ahead with that GUI as the current one is not so nice.
Its you! Who cares what this topic was about, what have you been up to?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Banned
Chicken_l33t is on a distinguished road
I like your current GUI just kill it's background and it looks basic, but effective. You're a crossdresser? *jails* j/k

Some of the level main layout seems familiar to me, but that's probally just me, but defintially a step up from your old levels. Good job.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:12 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
I see cliff errors, the dirt road tile graphic itself is like ugly. Apart from that keep it up, I wanna own you on your own server one day.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Banned
In the hopes of stirring up intrest (and staff?) here's an update:
I've disabled the old swords, now you will collect different swords, each with different abilities. Some will be based on class, some everybody can use, and some everybody can use, BUT, they have different abilities for each class. You start out, before eving picking your class, with the ability to punch, block, and super punch. Then you choose your first hand held weapon: a broad sword, which is heavier, more powerfull, and it's special attack is a ground breaker. A Tachi, which is fast, lighter, and it's special attack puts the sword back in the saya (sheath) then quickly draws it out. And the final weapon is a long Bo staff. It's very quick, light, and it's special is a spinning attack. I may also add quick attacks for each weapon, jabs, etc. All weapons can block attacks. I plan to add more features, and maybe more hand to hand moves.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:52 AM
underwood is on a distinguished road
Hey, jB hear Events Capt

My computer blew up downstairs, im getting a new one in maybe 1/2 months. If you could hire an assist events captain untill my return that would be cool, or do what you wish. i will still like to be an ET when i come back. Good day
Old 07-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Excal, you're levels are a huge step-up. Keep working at it though.

Edit: I want to log on!

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 07-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
I like the levels! It's such an improvement from when the project was first started.

I like the GUI, but ever thought about using a different graphic?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:32 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
I like the levels!
I'm not working for you anymore.

just kiddin
Old 07-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
I like the levels! It's such an improvement from when the project was first started.

I like the GUI, but ever thought about using a different graphic?
Actually, I think we have one somewhere, I need to change it a bit too.
It should look noce with the new events system too, and the gui and other player systems will cause less lag now, are more efficient, and most of the scripts on the server are now in gs2. Yay!
Still making swords, katars, etc. I think we have 14 working swords now. I'm also redesigning all the quests and weapons, so that they work with a more combat oriented style of gameplay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	event_level.png
Views:	89
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	37131  

Last edited by excaliber7388; 07-16-2006 at 07:18 AM..