Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Most iPhone players are actually iPod players (+80%) though. What's the Android equivalent of that?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Most iPhone players are actually iPod players (+80%) though. What's the Android equivalent of that?
They have tons of tablets that run android that you can buy for about the same price as an iPod touch (or cheaper).

No clue how well they run...

Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Unfortunately Apple has become dominant in many areas. A few of their products- the iPod, music downloads & movies via the iTunes Store, or smart phones such as the iPhone and more recently the iPad/iTouch. Kudos :o

I'm interested in seeing whether or not other manufacturers start installing Apple software on their products.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
I'm interested in seeing whether or not other manufacturers start installing Apple software on their products.
Very unlikely considering iOS is closed source.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
I highly doubt this...unless Steve Jobs was just the overwhelming force behind every Apple product being closed source. Although, he is still chairman, so...yeah. Not likely to happen any time soon...

If Steve Wozniak was CEO of Apple, that would be a different story...

Old 08-25-2011, 11:20 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Closed source has nothing to do with it, Apple simply chooses not to allow other manufacturers to use iOS (and OS X) with their hardware.

Windows is a closed-source OS, and plenty of OEMs sell Windows machines.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
John Carmack noted some interesting trends at last QuakeCon. There were a lot more Android users in the audience but the Apple peoples made more app purchases over $5 (i think 5). Android users aren't so willing to fork out money it would seem (I think it's because the average Android user is more tech savvy and less willing to waste money )
Old 08-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
the zen or something, a friend has one.. i still prefer ipods even though i'm an android fan boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
I highly doubt this...unless Steve Jobs was just the overwhelming force behind every Apple product being closed source. Although, he is still chairman, so...yeah. Not likely to happen any time soon...

If Steve Wozniak was CEO of Apple, that would be a different story...
Steve Jobs is probably the smartest person in the world when it comes to anything dealing with technology and business, if Steve Wozniak were to be current CEO of Apple it wouldn't be the powerhouse it is today. Steve Jobs resigned either today or yesterday because of health issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
John Carmack noted some interesting trends at last QuakeCon. There were a lot more Android users in the audience but the Apple peoples made more app purchases over $5 (i think 5). Android users aren't so willing to fork out money it would seem (I think it's because the average Android user is more tech savvy and less willing to waste money )
The market still isn't mature, where as apples has had many many years.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Steve Jobs is probably the smartest person in the world when it comes to anything dealing with technology and business
I will agree he is a brilliant business man, but as far as technology...he cant really take credit. He just took other ideas, and made them appeal to a broader audience. Hes a genius at marketing and getting people to buy his products, i'll give him that.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
I will agree he is a brilliant business man, but as far as technology...he cant really take credit. He just took other ideas, and made them appeal to a broader audience. Hes a genius at marketing and getting people to buy his products, i'll give him that.
you're just reiterating what i just said, it takes someone with great insight into technology to successfully do that.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Steve Jobs is probably the smartest person in the world when it comes to anything dealing with technology and business, if Steve Wozniak were to be current CEO of Apple it wouldn't be the powerhouse it is today. Steve Jobs resigned either today or yesterday because of health issues.
He's manufactured some **** too.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned
Quote:
He's manufactured some **** too.
Yes, he made pixar what it is today which went and made things such as toy story he was one of the driving forces that caused 3D animated movies what they are today.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Yep. My friends are a bit noob-ish with their iPhones and they buy apps, whereas I am a filthy pirate.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Yep. My friends are a bit noob-ish with their iPhones and they buy apps, whereas I am a filthy pirate.
Best way to do it <3
Old 08-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
man u guys im trying to get answers for whats taking so long with the andriod app for graal
please i didnt make this thread so u guys can compare which one is better andriod or iphone '
Andriod has a better software to it then Apple due Andriod ahead
Andriod coming out where u can play WoW on Andriod
but yet u cant do that with a iphone just yet

Last edited by TSAdmin; 08-29-2011 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Don't evade the swear filter, again.