Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Banned
Cow2001 is a jewel in the roughCow2001 is a jewel in the rough
beer in graal

i think it's available on most of the servers.
but is it really ok to promote alcohol in a children's game?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Yes. It is. Now shut up about it.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Era.... Shooting people....Murder....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
GK - Medieval Times (Murdering, Pillaging, Destruction of Entire Civilizations(Imperialism)

Classic - Alcohol, Murder, Assault

Unholy Nation - Suggestive Humor, Alcohol, Murder, Violence, Assault

Era - Violence, Murder, Alcohol, Breaking and Entering, Assault

The fact is that video games have content that children can find in honestly most games that aren't developed and designed for toddlers that can be construed or simply viewed as "bad", the lesson is that like anything, kids have to be introduced to these things appropriately, so yes, it's okay for beer to be in a game, just as the other things I've listed are.

/thread

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow2001 View Post
i think it's available on most of the servers.
but is it really ok to promote alcohol in a children's game?
Almost every MMO out there has a disclaimer that says, "Gameplay experience may change while online." Graal really needs this disclaimer.

The only thing that makes Graal a "children's game" is the fact that the age requirement is lower than most other games, but even someone younger than the suggested age can lie and register for an account anyway.

Last edited by Draenin; 12-27-2012 at 07:44 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
graal pretends to be aimed at kids when it isn't at all, so is it ok? perhaps. old looney toons cartoons had characters getting drunk publicly so ya
Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Almost every MMO out there has a disclaimer that says, "Gameplay experience may change while online." Graal really needs this disclaimer.

The only thing that makes Graal a "children's game" is the fact that the age requirement is lower than most other games, but even someone younger than the suggested age can lie and register for an account anyway.
The disclaimer doesn't really work though because there is no official offline version. But I do agree it does need one, and for the children registering under the required age limit; Graal is no longer liable for what they see since they broke the law technically anyways.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
graal pretends to be aimed at kids when it isn't at all, so is it ok? perhaps. old looney toons cartoons had characters getting drunk publicly so ya
The sad truth is that it's all of us old geezers running around here.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Someone sounds a little butthurt that their poll got moderated.
You can't be out for blood here. You never win, we've all tried.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
GK - Medieval Times (Murdering, Pillaging, Destruction of Entire Civilizations(Imperialism)

Classic - Alcohol, Murder, Assault

Unholy Nation - Suggestive Humor, Alcohol, Murder, Violence, Assault

Era - Violence, Murder, Alcohol, Breaking and Entering, Assault

The fact is that video games have content that children can find in honestly most games that aren't developed and designed for toddlers that can be construed or simply viewed as "bad", the lesson is that like anything, kids have to be introduced to these things appropriately, so yes, it's okay for beer to be in a game, just as the other things I've listed are.

/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
this wasn't the question
The question was "is it okay to promote alcohol in a children's game?"
My post was pointing out that here is much worse in the game already. Usually games with "Use of Alcohol" are rated T for Teen based on the ESRB rating system.

If Graal (Attempting to include all servers) had a ESRB rating, it would probably read out as

"Use of Tobacco"
"Use of Alcohol"
"Cartoon Violence" or "Fantasy Violence" (Dependant of server and what not)
"Possibly "Crude Humor"

Interactive Elements:
Users Interact

Online Content not rated by the ESRB

Now with that out of the way, considering that it is alcohol, or the bigger worry that is being assumed, the showing of someone drinking, now is this bad for Graal? No, not really, is it bad for kids to see alcohol? Again no, but is it bad to promote the use of alcohol in a positive light? If non-educational and or not showing to drink responsibly, then no.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
graal pretends to be aimed at kids when it isn't at all
This. A thousand times, this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
The disclaimer doesn't really work though because there is no official offline version.
There are a lot of MMOs out there without offline versions. Not going to name names, but you probably know what they are
Old 12-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Ask Stefan or unixmad
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread